What goes on here?

What goes on here?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tungusic_languages
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Autonomous_Oblast
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Boats

Steppe. An island. Not much else. It might be a contested territory, but who cares?

It's pretty much the comfiest part of Asian Russia

Are white people there?

Russian here. This is rougly what is called Primorye (Maritime Region). The two biggest cities are Vladivostok and Khabarovsk, both of them are quite nice, picrelated is a Vladivostok street. The population is more than 90% ethnic Russian, i.e. white, and there aren't even any regional dialects, so, basically, the same Russians as anywhere else in the country. Outside the cities, towns and villages it's mostly forest stretching for hundreds of kilometers (not steppe like this idiot said ). Some people fear that China will take it over in a few decades, but, in my opinion, it's not very likely - the Chinese do come there, but they don't settle, and, they're interested in resources, not land.

good post

Has China ever been expansionistic? They took Tibet, but to be fair there it was part of China in the past and I don't really approve of theocracies.

You mean the actual peoples republic of China right?

Yes, of course, China has been expansionistic, it's just that they suck at conquests recently. After WW2, not counting Tibet, they had relatively serious wars with India (and grabbed a large chunk of mountain land), Vietnam (and had their ass kicked), and there were also border clashes with the USSR. After the collapse of the USSR, they got some serious territorial concessions from Central Asian states (we're talking thousands of square kilometres here), and also Russia gave them some islets on the Amur border river.

I'm not talking about earlier history, though, when China started wars of conquest literally every time it gathered its shit together.

I'm a bit fuzzy on the details, but as far back as the conept of China goes. Europe conquered the world, but China has relatively kept to itself for the last 1000 years it seems, as if aggressive expansionism isn't part of the cultural makeup.

China making Japan a vassal state when?

China was really good at assimilating conquered territories, so a large part of what we now see as China proper was at one time or another conquered.

u wot m8

I've heard Vladivostok is basically run by organised crime. Is that true?

It's tricky. Japan has already been considered "officially" a vassal of China several times, but it never extended beyond nominal alegiance.

The same can be said about basically all the Far East t.b.h.

The simple answer is: no.
The more complex answer is: in the 90's organized crime was very strong there, and several people with criminal background made it to the highest posts in the region, even as far as the mayor of Vladivostok. However, it didn't mean that they "ran" the city in the same way as, say, Afghan warlords run the areas they control.

>However, it didn't mean that they "ran" the city in the same way as, say, Afghan warlords run the areas they control.
I didn't mean like that, but just in that they could do whatever they wanted over there. Glad to hear that's cleared up, though.

In fact the provinces in Northeast China near Russia has suffered from population decline for years. Its too cold there.

The situation there wasn't so much different from most other areas of Russia: organized crime was rampant, though police continued to work, and there were even rumors of police death squads that were killing off mafia bosses. Still, the 1990s were a fucked up time in Russia, and, though I don't want to derail the thread, I must admit that one of the reasons why Putin is so popular is because he put an end to most of this.

is it true that in winter is so cold there that coasts freezes and lot's of people live in warmer places during winter because they have little to do there?

No you god dame retard, those are actual cities, Not Nomadic campa

in the past its where the jurchen tribes wandered

now it's empty save for several russian cities

looks comfy

> in the past there were several thousand jurchens wandering around
> now it's empty just just 3 million russians live in some cities

tfw I learned about Balhae (Bohai).

no your an retard

European Russian settler cities.

I think life is moderately comfy away from the mainstream world

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tungusic_languages

Educate me.

3 milions is a small number for such a big region. I'm sure that's what he meant by empty.

It's not like it wasn't even emptier before the russians.

Dersu Uzala happens in this region and is a very good Veeky Forums related ruso-japanese movie directed by Kurosawa. I think it's based on a book.

mongols, turks, tungusers, chuks are all of the essence of this land

fuck off chink, fake manchu 80% han chinese

balhae is NOT CHINESE you fucking chink

it has nothing to do with chinks or your modern communist fake autocracy

As always, jews. Check out dat flag.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Autonomous_Oblast

Stupid fake chink shit.

Reminder chinks have no culture, that's why they steal other people's histories and cultures (Mongols, Manchus, Uyghurs, Tibetans)

>Reminder chinks have no culture, that's why they steal other people's histories and cultures
I wonder who could've been behind that post...

Stop hating yourself Hong Kong, or kill yourself /pol/

Did you think China got to being as big as it is today by like settling/colonization or something?

Balhae had Far Eastern style of their culture.
Some of them had faith in Buddhism.
But they weren't both of Chinese and Koreans.
They were mixture of Buyeo (remnant of Goguryeo, less or not related to modern Koreans) and Mohe (Tungus or Manchu at later times).

It's silly thing to regulate which country in present time is a owner of an ancient state.

>Has China ever been expansionistic?

Holy fuck, and this is on Veeky Forums.

Seems a pretty unique place, a little tiny bit of european civilization in the orient. That is, if you consider russia european.

You don't understand China, then. The reason they do is that to promote some bullshit multi-cultural identity which doesn't exist and will never exist. They're not saying Mongol or Tibetans are a part of Han Chinese culture, they're saying it's a part of the greater Chinese identity which seeks to include ethnic groups other than Han as part of one big happy family.

It's a part of the communist legacy which seeks to keep Han nationalism on the down low and it's not working.

>131 and 132

I feel physically repulsed by her, and I'm also Asian.

>The population is more than 90% ethnic Russian, i.e. white

Maybe a few subprefectures but Jilin and Helio continue to expand in population overall.

>and grabbed a large chunk of mountain land), Vietnam (and had their ass kicked)

You seem to not understand that India grabbed Chinese land as well.

>ass kicked
Lmao the Viets lost 3,000 sq miles of territory and had far more casualties.

t. Wang Dazhong

The Chinese got their asses kicked in Vietnam and Deng Xiaoping was very pleased with the outcome. It was about time the PLA got a wake up call.

How on earth is taking 3,000 sq miles of territory and killing 30% more Vietnamese "getting their ass kicked"?

Although I agree it was a political show by Deng to weed out the Maoists in the PLA.

He personally ordered the Maoist generals to handle it, and then only gave them half the equipment they needed.

Looks like typical angry Korean going through cultural existential crisis upon learning that Korean culture is basically derived entirely from Chinese culture.

Even Japan has some Ainu and Polynesian influence to fall back on, but Korea basically has nothing else.

Can't even read their own history because it's all in Chinese characters.

Polynesian didn't make influence to Japan.
They have inhabited in Polynesia from only 3,000 years ago.
First settlement in Japan dates back to over 30,000 years ago.
There is no evidance that ancient Polynesian go back to East Asia again.