How do Russians identify and why...

How do Russians identify and why? I have been reading some Dostoyevsky and you really get the idea that they see themselves seperatley from those in Europe and Russians living a Euro style were seen as 'bad'.

What are Russians? What do they think of themselves as? Simply Russians? Seperate from everyone else?

>What are Russians?
All modern Russians are a plague on the world
A Russian genocide would, at this point, be a net positive

Slavs who got conquered by vikings

Depending of what Russians. Some would insist that Russia is its own unique thing, a civilization even. Other would prefet to identify themselve as Europeans because of Russian ties with Europe, its political role, common history and shared influence on each other.

Nah. This is meme opinion of wehraboos and butthurted polacks.

Is there any information about when and how this chasim came about? Was it always the case?

Rurik was a real dude mane

First post best post

Honestly it has a lot to do with religion. It's the same reason Ireland maintained its national pride despite centuries of occupation.

Russia is the last major power to have organized Christianity take a place of political significance, and they have resisted LGBT and other reforms. Russians were also heavily encouraged by Evangelical Americans to continue such practices (although evangelicalism is a plague upon the earth and they must soon be purged).

Mongols just like their Finn, Turkic and Slav kin

Russians can easily be seen as its own civilization separate from the Orient and the West. Either by voluntary rejection of a civilization or through other nations rejecting them.

The Culture is an interesting blend of West, Greek, and Northern/Central Asian, with Westernized architecture and civilian law, a neo-greek religion and art, and many other factors that can't be found anywhere else, and can only really be described as "Russian"

I say the Russians are a civilization all their own through rejection, as the Western world has rejected and tried for force ethnic Russians to extinction multiple times, and the Orient certainly does not see Russia in similar light to themselves, almost constantly clashing with China/Japan all through the 19th and 20th centuries.

I personally have a great respect for Russians, it really is a rich history that has both given much to humanity to push mankind forward, and great tales of struggle.

if there were ever a civilization who has earned the right to live through war, it's the Russians.

He was a Finn though.

When your genocide plan kicks through the mudslimes first.

You should find some russians on /int/ and ask them.

As it is, you're asking cats what it means to be a dog.

> Russians were also heavily encouraged by Evangelical Americans
To be honest, nobody in Russia cares about them. Pro-american people tend to be atheists and most people of who still believe are very anti-american in general.

The people one the one hand want to live as good as the west but since they have never been able to and probably never will, at least in the near future, they resent and hate the west.
The rich layer of society does live like the west and tries to mimic the west.

White Niggers

I find this very strange since the Russian Oligarchy is far richer than most Americans.

Yeah, they mimic the american rich kid extravagance and posturing.

Surprisingly hard to pinpoint *one* exact moment. Russia become out of touch from the Europe with adoption of Ortodox tradition. Than even more out of touch with mongol conquest. Than Peter I tried really hard to close the gap. Than Russia become like a fronier of Europe and really heavy in matters of politics, congress of Vienna and sich. Than like western powers aren't respected Russian interests enough, Crimea war, blah blah blah, some are like enough of this westernt shit, we can just build our messianic pan-slavic nation with Tzars and bears. Than communism happens and everyone else like evil capitalist world and we are people of the future that builgind heaven of the earth. Than you got the current Russia, that kind of trying to be some sort of moral compass against evil multi-culturalism or something like that. Seems more like that Russia just kind of drifts away step by step. Maybe there exist a some sort of deep historical mechanism in action. Perhaps being on the boreder of European Culture hepls with creating its own identity, from a seemingly nothing.

western turco-mongols, archaic indo-europeans before they evolved into greeks, romans, etcetera...

> as the Western world has rejected and tried for force ethnic Russians to extinction multiple times

Wasnt that only twice with one of them just being religious rather than genocidal?

Are you telling me Pat Robertson didn't save Russia from homosexuality? Are you calling him a liar?

What the fuck did he do with my donations, then.