Fucking Love

Can we discuss the neurochemical con-job that is love?

>How many would fall if there was no word for it?
>Is it the only reason for existence both naturally and consciously?
>Can it be taken seriously?
>Is it subjective?
>Is it predestined?
>Does it exist?

Nature doesn't care about true or false. Nature cares about survival and extinction.

If love is fake, than that's not very relevant

Nature doesn't care about anything, nature simply is. Nothing is relevant, so all is relevant.

the only thing that we as humans consider to be love is the primal desire to exchange genes to our offspring, to feel like we furthered our species. it is nothing more.

*tips fedora*

You are somewhat right. We feel as though we need one another, and this feeling is beneficial towards reproduction, but is not directly aimed at reproduction. If evolution was a being of want, it would feel what you described.

Like I said before, the irrelevance of love is equal to that of life. Therefore, love is as relevant as you want it to be.

>le love is just a chemical reaction meme

Everything you have ever felt, thought, or done is """"just"""" a chemical reaction. That's how our minds work. And yes, we are products of evolution. To both, so what? That doesn't make it not "real."

When I call it a neurochemical con-job I am jokingly pointing out that it's a trick for us to breed, but I'm not saying that's all it is. For example fear is neurochemical but not a con-job in my opinion.
>Cons
Morality
Love
Hate
Want
Loneliness
etc.
>Numbing Agents
Happiness
Comfort
Love
>Security
Fear
Hate
etc.
(I'm not sure of that list, I was just making it up as I went. Very open to change)

I feel it to exist therefore it exists.

How much more "real" do you want it?

""""love"'''''

only women know how to love:

love of men towards women = love of women towards children = utopian unconditional love

love of men towards children = love of women towards men = utility towards more pleasures and less pains.

then you agree that id does not exist when you do not feel it, which is most of your life

how fuck we have 20 yo beta here

also
>scientific realism
>relevant

Hunger is neuro-chemical. What difference does that make? The feeling can still be there, subjective as it may be.

Maybe not, but someone else is feeling it (probably). Does hate not exist when you don't feel it? Does sadness not exist when you don't feel it?

Of course not, there's always someone who hates someone or something, and there's always someone who's sad. Yet somehow love is the only feeling that's subject to this line of thinking.

What is love (Inb4)? Is it extreme attraction? Like the build up of sand until it is a pile, how much attraction until it is considered love?

This is the cringiest thing I have read on Veeky Forums.

Go outside my man.

Oh boy its this thread again

Love is eternal. It has existed since the beginning of time. We were created by Love for Love.

yes, it feels as though your heart is burning and you can't stop thinking about the one you love and every time you do the sensation increases, it is a physical sensation too strong to be the placebo effect or another emotion you have mistaken it for

Love feels like heroin.

Nigga, this has been addressed, stop blindly diving into threads.

What reason is there to think so?

This happens a lot, that's a bit too vague of a description.

Sorry about the ant picture, here is unjust redemption.

6E343B2
6E343B2
6E343B2

>Does it exist?
It all comes down to this really, and it really doesn't matter at all. "Love", whether it does or does not "exist" in a significant sense beyond chemical, still has an active effect on your life regardless. Whether it is "real" or not is irrelevant, you can feel it, it's as real as it feels, does it matter if it's some transcendental force or not? It's a part of the human experience, that is what love is, calling it anything else is just worthless pseudo-intellectual wank.

>I am jokingly pointing out that it's a trick for us to breed
Nigga it's ALL bullshit. Achievements, family, pets, friends, nations, art, love, survival, fame, God, faith, you name it, even these words--all of it has no reason to exist. Your fear of death, your want of children and relations is nothing but a pattern inside a pattern which is there only because otherwise said pattern would not have made it to today. None of this is necessary. None of this is going to be here forever. If you don't like the game then just quit, otherwise learn some sportsmanship.

Poor kid. Looks just like her father.

Oh my fucking God, dude. Just like I told that Mickey Mouse fag, this has been addressed. Let me redirect you to
We are aware of the nothingness, but remember, I think therefore I am. If nothing matters then everything matters as much as we want it to.

No it fucking doesn't they feel completely different

protip: Heroin's better, cheaper and less addictive

Never trust a brown men, they kill themselves in delicious food, die of heart attacks by 60 and have a small dick. They just care about low stress and food. Great to hang around. Just don't trust or listen

here you go

Love is all that matters m8.

Hope, belief, love, striving, are all of the best human emotions, and only a fedora reduces or attempts to take away from the idea.