Let's have a thread about torture

Let's have a thread about torture.

Who were the most torturous in history?

Can torture be justified?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HtEv-jNVfMI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Who were the most torturous in history?

The US

>Can torture be justified?
Yes, if suffering of one person can save lives of many.

No, Torture is a permanent evil, and thus forever unjustifiable.

Choosing to let someone to be tortured could be justified like that (as in no sacrifices to save them or oppose the torturer in ways that would lead to more deaths), but in what kind of situation would that justify the actual act of torture, by the torturer? Torturing doesn't really save anyone in a direct way.

What's the earliest example of torture?

I know there's a few pieces of Assyrian stonework depicting flaying. Herodotus mentions psychological torture in the form of making your enemies eat their own children.

That's an execution though.

Still torture

Context on this pics pls?

first one is a type of chinese torture in which the guilty is tied and given pain-reducing opium then has small bits of flesh cut from the body every hour in the span of days or weeks until he dies

second one is commies having fun with a polish general during the red terror

It's up to you to project just juice onto the world.

One death is a tragedy my nigga.

>can torture be justified?
le deontology face

This is probably accurate. Man for man I'm positive the US has tortured more people ("people") than the Soviets, simply given their more advanced methods and longer duration of existence. The Spanish Inquisition would balk how the the Bush Adminsistration had the balls to actually USE their torture devices, and not merely plunk them down for intimidation.

One death is a tragedy, many deaths are a statistic.

Captain. Captain Rosinski.

Russians are savages. Red Russians are even worse savages

Are you fucking kidding me? Yes, the Bush administration tortured people, by the scale was minuscule compared to what people pulled in the 20th century.

I'm talking about the torture methods. American political torture didn't begin or end with Dubya.

Do you tuck overused quotes away just for any chance to throw them out when prompted?

Yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=HtEv-jNVfMI

I don't know, you tell me :DDD

In the other guy's defense, "One death is a tragedy" is about as trite of platitude as can possibly be regurgitated.

A statistic of tragedies. The point is that it's up to you.

>Who were the most torturous in history?

U.S.A

specifically the CIA

Ask dick cheney or nancy pelosi

Fuck off Nancy pantywaist faggot asshole commie.

eh, I think I'd rather be waterboarded than having my body parts chopped off one by one or something similar

Brah, the USA is little league compared to the real pros.

He impaled people, yes, but everything else like roasting children, burning the poor alive and cutting off tits was propoganda by the german merchants he would not allow to trade in wallachia. You'll notice russian stories about him have none of the latter stories. Also crime was non-existent after he started impaling people.

Honestly I'd not be so sure, I bet they have equal weight in hellish pain.

I'd definitely rather be water boarded than be flayed or have to eat my own dick or some shit, I really doubt the US is the most torturous in history, though I do imagine having to listen to skinny puppy at Guantanamo bay would make me go insane

Torture can't be too brutal because it wouldn't be too practical. People would just die or do insane and it isn't what US wants from tortured.

waterboarding wouldn't do lasting damage/alteration to my body though. This is assuming I'd be kept alive after the torture of course.

Torture works well in some cases but not others. It really just depends what's at stake for the one being tortured.

The torture implement I find most interesting is the Heretic's Fork. I can't imagine the psychological pain of death by lack of sleep

Softcore torture with no long term damage, like water boarding, is fine.

Only if it's sexy enough.

The Assyrians sounded pretty horrible but that might have been propaganda.

And it can be justified depending how you weigh one individual versus another.