Not american inventions?

Can anyone explain what this meme is trying to say? I feel like it is trying to say the US had nothing to do with any of these inventions, but all the info posted in it seems completely twisted and false, but I don't know enough about history to claim so.

BUT I FUCKING KNOW that Leonard Kleinrock, and the MIT are as american as the colt 1911 and cowboys

okay how are patents for the atomic bomb inventions, I've never heard any french atomic bomb testing.

I have never in my life heard an American say we invented any of those besides the top two. This meme was just made by someone who needs to get outside more.

well we didn't invent any of those, but we definitely improved them, or improved the production of them.
Clement Adler invented a glider with a steam engine.

Internet: I didn't know that Massachusetts was in the UK. ARPANet and the NPL Network came from the same US/UK design team, and the modern Internet if anything owes more to ARPANet than the NPL Network.

Clement Adler never flew 300 meters before the Wright brothers, none of his proto-aircraft flew as long or as far as the Wright Flyer. Historical note: many French sources called bullshit on the Wright brothers after news came out about their achievement.

Space Travel: The first liquid-fueled rocket was invented by American Robert Goddard. Without that invention space travel as we know it would have been impossible.

Computers: the ABC and ENIAC, US inventions, were the first digital computers.

Telephone: Alexander Graham Bell invented the first practical telephone. Much like with the computer this was the standard for the designs that followed it.

Automobile: Automobile was definitely not a US invention (modern automobiles were invented by the German Karl Benz), but Henry Ford invented the first car that was more than just a plaything for the wealthy. Ford's production methods also set a new standard for the industry.

Movies: Thomas Edison did the electromechanical design for the kinetograph, created in 1891.

The others I've never heard credible Americans claim they were inventions. 1/10 attempt at trolling.

this is the most butthurt europoor thing ever

>SOME GUY WROTE ABOUT AN INVENTION LIKE THIS BEFORE SO AMERICA DIDNT MAKE IT CHECK MATE!

Anyone who seriously claims the Wright Bros didnt invent the airplane is retarded. No one gives a shit about some gay glider.

France detonated its first nuclear weapon, a 65kt plutonium device, on February 13, 1960. This was the culmination of research efforts started eleven years prior. France currently maintains approximately 300 operational warheads.

but the glider had a giant steam engine in it and flew for 4 seconds before falling apart on the ground, just like a paper airplane, which is a real airplane.
I meant before WWII

The theory around "how to do nuclear bomb" was created in France this is true. The US wasn't rearming back then and they were even less interested in some extravagantly expensive wunderwaffe but French were. First practical implementation was of course American and patent laws didn't matter in this situation(there's an exception from having to license them in case when it's a matter of national security so I guess French couldn't sue US government)

Firearms are of course older than the US so... yeah. The US of course had several influential designers like Browning or Stoner but that's beyond the point.

Space travel - the only thing Americans did first was landing on moon. Every other milestone is Soviet. To this day, to supply ISS and shift its crew we use Russian rockets that are 70's era designs with modern electronics, because Russians are the only ones that can go to space regularly and without delays, while NASA is literally grounded as we speak.

Movies as in moving pictures and camera were I think French or British invention. As in movies with plot and shit - I don't remember, really.

Airplanes - Wright's claim was disputed for decades now, it was either Whitehead, some German I don't recall or indeed - Adler

Computers - first operational programmable computer was indeed - Z2.

Satellites - see space travel.

Radio - yeah, Marconi was the first one, of course things like wireless telegraphy are older than that.

Telephone - see Wrights - it's well known fact that Bell specifically has seen some presentation by inventor who was Italian immigrant and his invention was more or less a telephone, those earlier guys I'm not sure of it. Bell later improved the thing to achieve "clearer" transmission but that's about it.

Don't know about The Internet and TV - first commercial broadcast was definitely in the US but the invention itself might not be.

Nobody in the US claims most of those inventions. But we did invent the Internet, nuclear weapons, and airplanes. You can't use revisionist rherorict to literally change the definition of a thing then say some earlier invention met that criteria.

Saying that somebody else invented the atomic bomb because they vaguely described the idea of a thing is disingenuous and asinine. The curie papers were 2 decades away from anything that actually worked. It's like saying the Chinese invented space travel because a lunatic emporerdecided to strap a bunch of fireworks to a wooden platform.

>Space Travel: The first liquid-fueled rocket was invented by American Robert Goddard. Without that invention space travel as we know it would have been impossible.
This is little bit bizarre claim because you can also say that space travel was invented in Imperial Russia(first multi-stage rockets), or China(first rockets as a thing) if you use this logic.

Or first object that could go into space - V2 - so Germans.

the wright brothers invented a catapulted machine with wings.

tfw the rest of the world knows nothing of Richard Pearse who invented and flew the first powered plane in New Zealand 9 months before the Wright brothers. He flew just under 10 times their distance (320 metres vs 37 metres) but denied the flight because he had poor control.

NZers are always overly modest, could have been another world first for the glorious kiwis.

It seems like there's some controversy over what counts as the first proper airplane and the first notable flight of it. I've even seen Brazilians claim that one of their own was actually the first to do it.

>the Internet was described by L. Kleinrock of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (UK)
Leonard Kleinrock was LITERALLY an American teaching at an American institution. Way to go yuropoors, you can't even go a single sentence without failing miserably.

Great attempt guys.

Cowboys came from Mexico.

>the wright brothers invented a catapulted machine with wings.
They undertook powered flights from level ground.

>denied the flight because he had poor control.
And that's exactly why the Wright brothers are given credit. Their flight control system was the first that allowed pilot controlled, powered flight.

Which country invented what is just nationalistic wankery. It literally amounts to nothing of importance other than determining which nation has a bigger metaphorical penis in the minds of people who care little about history aside from how it can be used for nationalistic leverage.

all modern aircraft are based off what the wright brothers did and not some gay glider.

>All the stupid Yanks in here falling for this terrible bait
Truly God's chosen people.

Why the does it matter where something was inveted?

The entire list is literal cope, especially nuclear bombs and internet.