Imagine you're woken up in your house at 3:00 AM by a man with a bomb-belt and a gun pointed at you:

Imagine you're woken up in your house at 3:00 AM by a man with a bomb-belt and a gun pointed at you:
>"user, how can I know you're not just a pigment of my imagination. That this whole world isn't just a bunch of NPCs computed by my mind? If you can't prove you're not, I will shoot you and your whole family."

How would you prove him wrong?

Katana teleport meme

*BANG*

This isn't Veeky Forums.

/thread.

It's philosophy, now stop ruining it. I want to be mind fucked before I go to sleep.

I show him the definition of "pigment."

*BANG*

It was a hologram

>pigment
I tell him that he's a fucking idiot, and if I was just some computer character I might not have caught him on it.

This is what we get for attaching humanities to the second part of our board, guys.

*BANG* (English is my 3rd language ffs)

>pigment of my imagination

FIGMENTS
I really hope nobody is dependant on all of your sassy asses, not fucking answer.

I tell him something he didn't know

*BANG*

There, I shot him.

That might aswell have been his sub-conscious.

Like sometimes when I speak other languages than my native languages, new words just sort of pop-up in my brain the second I need them. And I feel like I've never heard them before (I probably've overheard them in a sentence).

*BANG*

"this reality is yours and yours alone sir, If you shoot me those who are observing you will feel that you have failed the test and you will be punished. You don't want that now do you? That's what I thought, now put that gun away, go home, drink some coffee and go to bed.

>pigment
I laugh and probably get killed for it but my sides will forever be ascended

Do something he wouldn't expect you to do

We are all actually characters in an MMO that is extremely popular with people from the 4D universe.

*BANG* (smart, but the task was to prove your actual existance or get shot)

*BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG*

I would take that gun and shove it up his ass

>user, how can I know you're not just a pigment of my imagination.
You can't.
>That this whole world isn't just a bunch of NPCs computed by my mind?
You can't.
>If you can't prove you're not, I will shoot you and your whole family.
Do it, you hypothetical faggot.

*BANG*

*BANG*

What if it's a interesting but obscure historical fact.

If anyone heard it before and forgot about it and someone mentions it, he will feel like he has heard that before.

But I won't feel that, and I will prove I'm not a byproduct of his imagination.

He won't feel that*

But this historical fact could just aswell has been created by my mind as you were. Nobody has seen it (most likely) and those who have seen it, have no proof of actually existing as I do.

Because to me the same is true. I know I exist but how can I know you do?
You may be the npc of my world. But if you where why would my world want me dead if it ceased to exist once I died?
Then since my own personal reality cannot logically kill me without ceasing to exist, then the world must be full of sentient beings, not npcs.
You are anwering your own question by pointing the gun at me.

You are the thoughts that you have access to, if you can't know what I am thinking then even if I were a "fake" I'd be sourced at a level higher than your consciousness (e.g. a supraconsciousness like a genie, a supercomputer running a similation, a god). This implies that we are both subparticles of a bigger entity and thus "exist" on the same level.

This applies even to dreams, imaginations and hallucinations, as they are controlled by arts of your mind that you do not have access to.

Also I have GER so you can't beat me bitch

This is actually a good arguement.

Problem is just that, maybe it's no coincidence that //I/// am holding the gun, and not you? Which further proves my point.

But you're right, the only way to know if only you exist is to die.

I grant to you, your life.

So am I shot or not?
Or would this be the situation where the arguer would get a second argument to make?

Second arguement.

Neat

If coincidence could exist in such a world, would you then truley be the only sentient being? If your reality was your own, and logically it cannot kill you without ceasing to exist then in some way it will provide for you.
Coincidence implies a merger of outside forces with your whims, where in the world of you alone your whims are what the universe follows to allow its existence to continue.
I will give you an example, I do not want to die.
If your whim was to kill me and to prove your aloneness in the universe I would already be dead, the universe you inhabit providing for your whims, unable to argue my existence to you.
Coincidence is only possible if more than one actor is acting. And since its a coincidence you hold the gun, and you did not already exact your whim, therefore I must exist and have a will as well.

No biggie, I'll just corpse run back!

See, I believe you're onto something.

I can't quite 100% understand what you're saying, due to a language barrier and me not understanding the word "whims

But I get your point, if my mind controlled it all, why shouldn't it just have killed you.

- but if you wanted to make it easier for yourself. You would've used the logic in your arguement.
- that of which, if the whole world was me and I was the whole world, it would provide for me and ensure I wouldn't die 'less I wanted to -
If my brain constructed this whole world, why would it in the end kill me? If I know (thinking of my death) it would scare me, why would I construct such a thing as death.

>regardless, your life is spared.

Why is death actually a bad thing in this arguement?

Maybe my true body is aware of it's need of rest, and I am in fact lieing asleep in a hospital bed. And the only reason I fear death, is because my mind knows I need to rest before I wake up.

I mean, this world can't possibly be real, if I can leave it.

You can't, but you can't be sure that your mind is more or less real either. Not like you need certainty of these things to live and be happy anyway, since you've functioned fine so far.

Pigment

agahahahahah

pigment

im fucking dying over here

PIGMENT OF IMAGINATION

yea im red ochre

dumb cunt op

If everything is a product of your imagination ergo doesnt physically exist the gun couldnt kill you.
Would you be so nice and pass me the gun so we can try that out?

i prove that i have free will by taking the gun and killing myself

Well, for one, I'd be a figment of your imagination.

You can't prove I am a figment of your imagination. Therefore u can't take that chance. Otherwise u might be killing a man.

If you shoot me you'll get a two star wanted rating and police npcs will rape you bro

kek that's just sophism. you even admit in the same post it would apply if you were only hallucinating. i shoot both of you.

imagination exists as extrapolation from your mind following light hitting your eyes or some lame shit like that, seemingly following logic but necessarily wrong. qualia exists as your experience, undoubtable. knowledge has effect over an imagined world but none over qualia, and proof therefore no relationship with truth.

only delusion has ever promised you other truth than qualia, which you have in full. it's not i who isn't real, but your self-image.

*mic drop* *posts an unrelated image* *shoots every user in thread*

Tell him to kill himself to find out