What causes wewuzism?

What causes wewuzism?

Is it coming from a country or culture with very little cultural history and identity?

I don't see Brits, French, Germans or even white Americans commiting wewuzism, but eastern Europeans, Turks, and obviously Blacks do it all the time. We never see Indians or Chinese doing it though, but they do have a rich history, but so do many others who do commit wewuzism.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brutus_of_Troy
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordic_race#Nordicism
youtube.com/watch?v=8tw7LIykvBw
youtube.com/watch?v=hjWd9a8Ck8U
youtube.com/watch?v=WEldpMQGfYE
youtube.com/watch?v=olF4kpkiWys
youtube.com/watch?v=JXAu6QSMyj0
youtube.com/watch?v=Xl0b2LGf9jM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_pyramid_claims
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>I don't see Brits
WE WUZ ISRAELITES

>We never see Indians or Chinese doing it though
Are you kidding? Indians are fucking notorious about that.
>muh Vedas
>muh ancient scientists who knew everything except they only passed their knowledge orally so whitey doesn't believe us
>muh cradle of civilization

Vedas are their own history, Indus valley is real, never heard the scientist shit.

It isn't wewuzism to talk about things that your people actually did.

Is it even a problem? For the first time in their lives uneducated ghetto trash are opening books and discovering there is a whole world outside the projects.

Don't jinx it.

That's not wewuzism

They're just exaggerating the achievements that their actual ancestors did

Because mainstream history is extremely western centric and said nations who are prone want to increase mainstream focus on their significance and achievements which they feel are unfairly ignored.

They're opening lies and spreading them.

True, but going on and on how Indians basically invented everything by 1000 BC sure is.

Well, perhaps but Indians are still notoriously prone to exaggerations.

>I don't see white americans committing wewuzism

You're kidding right?

WE WUZ IRISH N SHIT LADDY BOY

>True, but going on and on how Indians basically invented everything by 1000 BC sure is.
Again I've never come across this. It's probably more a case of like with Muslims where /pol/tards try and claim anyone brown did absolutely nothing, the opposite of wewuzism, nevahappenism, and so they argue back.

WE WUZ SPACESHIPS

Americans and their understanding of nationalism is an entirely different, though often just as hilarious, topic.

>white Americans commiting wewuzism
Elizabeth Warren

Racism aside, it's because black history is boring to black Americans.

No epic-like battles between large armies, no clash between idealism in politics, no court intrigue and dealings, no complex and sophisticated system or culture to gush about.

Much of their history isn't written down either so there's that whole unknown void factor.

It's basically a bunch of tribal wars in simple hunter-gatherer society, and then one day their ancestors got captured and sold to some funny looking people from across the ocean.

But... we wuz irish n shit. and German n shit. and Italian n shit. and Polack n shit. At least when we do it, it's actually right.

How about we wuz 1/16th Cherokee an sheet?

They are ridiculous enough that they aren't a threat to intellectual standards.

I'm 1/32 cherokee isn't the same as we built the ancient pyramids and charlemagne was black

>I don't see Brits, French, Germans or even white Americans commiting wewuzism

Brits: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brutus_of_Troy (WE WUZ TROJANS)

Germans: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordic_race#Nordicism (WE WUZ AUGUSTUS)

Americans: Mormonism

>tfw I'm actually 1/8th Cherokee according to a blood test
Awkward

>having an excuse to casually drink in the middle of the day is the same as blatant historical reivionism

>Bunch of dollar kindle books
Remind me why you fucks should care about a bunch of irrelevant hotep niggers enough to spam these threads several times a day?

Alright, but it's not widespread, common or even known, and its mostly archaic theories.
How on earth can it be specified to Cherokee and not just native

you can actually join the Cherokee nation if you want

>or even white Americans commiting wewuzism

White Americans, besides black Americans are one of the biggest proponents of wewuzism.

>WE WUZ PURITANS WHO FLED FROM ENGLAND AFTER THE CIVIL WAR
Less than 1% of the US white pop is descended from those.
>WE WUZ 1/16th CHEROKEE BLACKFOOT AND CREE
Not even close
>WE WUZ SECONDARY CHILDREN FROM EUROPEAN ROYALTY WHO LEFT EUROPE
Apart from a few early founding fathers who have some royal blood, not much.

Not Mormonism
And the British also had British Israelism (WE WUZ JEWS), while some considered themselves a "Nordic race" and thus participated in the same variety of wewuzzery as the Germans

White Americans do shit all the time

WE WUZ IRISH is one of their favourites

>Alright, but it's not widespread, common or even known, and its mostly archaic theories.
That's how majority of pseudo-historical bullshit like that is. I think a sizeable portion of Russians do take the whole "WE WUZ MAMMOTHZ N TATARZ N DEFEATED CHINA N CYKA BLYAT" a tad too seriously but that's about it.

Probably has something to do with the fact that my great grandfather was full blooded Cherokee from Oklahoma. He always looked pretty white, in black and white photos anyways, so I never believed it to be true and thought it was a WE WUZ thing. Blood test was my families way of saying "We fucking told you so"

Yeah, I know. I don't really see the point.

Italians: WE WUZ ROMANS
Romanians: WE WUZ ROMANS
Germans: WE WUZ ROMANS

Well you can't go on youtube without seeing blacks doing it or eastern europeans saying they're the real greeks etc. But its very rare to see others

stop wewuzing

Fyromians are a special case tbqhwyf.

But... I'm not.

>We never see Indians or Chinese doing it though
They do though

>IM PART CHEROKEE YO DID A GENETIC TEST AND ALL

Your granny fucked a chinky

You don't understand the essence of "WE WUZ"ery.
An American playing up their slight Irish descent isn't "WE WUZ"ery, because they're not actually attributing any fantastical/ahistorical achievements to the Irish race or baselessly asserting that they're Irish despite being from a completely different part of the world. Most Americans that talk about being Irish are legitimately of Irish descent and are really just looking for an excuse to get drunk.
A black guy claiming that ancient African civilisations discovered how to harness electricity in 4500 BC is "WE WUZ"ery. A German guy baselessly asserting that Nero and Sulla were actually of German descent and not Mediterranean is "WE WUZ"ery. A white American with 1/4th Irish ancestry getting smashed on St. Patrick's Day isn't "WE WUZ"ery. It would be "WE WUZ"ery if they claimed that the Irish landed on the moon in 3000 BC, or if they insisted they were Irish despite clearly being of Hawaiian descent.

Why are you so upset about something that doesn't effect you in any way?

>Chinese
The historical precedent was non chinks claiming to be descended from chinks not the other way around.

>baselessly asserting that they're Irish despite being from a completely different part of the world
But some often do exactly that. Hell, some threads on this exact board are "hey guys, I've just found out I'm Dutch/Italian/whatever, educate me on my history". I wouldn't call it full on KANGZ but it definitely is ignorant and annoying.

>wanted to be educated on your legitimate ancestors
>ignorant
What the fuck am I reading

Have you ever considered that maybe they're just legitimately interested in learning about the history of the people they're descended from? It's a completely reasonable reaction. It's really a great thing that they're getting interested in history when they might not have cared beforehand.

I'm just fucking with you family.

The chinese do have a major wewuzism

They claim, and teach, that they are not the same species as the rest of humanity, they claim that they are denisovans, and while it is true that they do have denisovans admixture they way they teach it is that they're like 50% denisovans and not the same as other humans.

>I don't see Brits, French, Germans or even white Americans commiting wewuzism

plenty in the past and still now.

>They claim, and teach, that they are not the same species as the rest of humanity, they claim that they are denisovans, and while it is true that they do have denisovans admixture they way they teach it is that they're like 50% denisovans and not the same as other humans.

As someone born and raised in China, I can say you are full of shit.

>I don't see [...] white Americans commiting wewuzism
WE WUZ EUROPEEN

How are turks we wuzzing ?

>inb4 meme answer

Pan-Turanism is pretty retarded, though pan-anything always is.

Yet people here make it seem like it.

Xiongnu,Gokturks,Ughurs etc.

Italians and Romanians were Romans, you dumbass.
Holy shit.

WE WUZ meme now means that nobody can claim any history or heritage at all. Everybody was just blinked into existence yesterday.

Why aren't American Blacks claiming the cultures of West Africa from were they actually came from?
I mean there has to be something interesting about them? Cartage and Egypt can't be the only interesting ones in Africa.

>people with sun tan are black
How pathetic can you get

I manage a Facebook page and I get harassed by Turkish people everyday claiming their ancestors were Mongols, Tartars, Xiongnus, etc. therefore their ancestors raped and enslaved my ancestors.

Its an union on people with the same language group and cultural roots because of that how is that retarded ?

Uyghurs are understandable to someone who speaks common turkish for example.

The exact same thing that causes white supremacy:
Perceived marginalization and erasure coupled with cripplingly poor education and the intense desire to project grandeur.

>we wuz kangz
Black mulatto of majority west African slave heritage
>we wuz irish
White anglo of majority English settler heritage

It's the same thing. Both pretty much denying the social standing of their ancestors, just in opposite directions and for different reasons. The woke hotep ghetto nigger wants class, wealth, respect; the milquetoast white collar cracker wants to be interesting, have character, culture. Both just end up as cringeworthy embarrassments.

Its cultural heritage besides almost nobody has an significant amount of the genes of the people they base teir identity upon thats why the biggest factor is culture which changes every decade.

>As someone born and raised in China, I can say you are full of shit.
You're simply too old and having a knee jerk reaction.

Chinese education now teaches that the han Chinese are a separate species of homo derived from homo erectus and denisovans and not homo sapiens.

What about moors? everyone is taught that they're black just cause they came from Africa

>Why aren't American Blacks claiming the cultures of West Africa from were they actually came from?

Properly educating yourself requires more effort than reading the comment section of Worldstar Hiphop.

>Uyghurs are understandable to someone who speaks common turkish for example.
Historical Uyghur Khaganate =/= modern day Uyghurs

Yugurs look nothing like Anatolian Turks.

Indians have one of the biggest WEWUZ in history which is "Indoeuropeans Languages originated in India, we were not invaded by a population of horse rider from the russians steppes, it is us who spreaded indoeuropean languages to Iran and Europe"

White Americans must be close to 200 million people, you cant generalize with so many people, but some are wewuzers, as in, Greeks and Romans were northern europeans, like Troy with Brad Pitt, Alexander the Great with Colin Farrell, and also the ancient rome tv shows with British Actors.

I'm not saying uyghurs are anatolian turks but but they are both turkics which is a speaker of a turkic language.

>Indians have one of the biggest WEWUZ in history
>1.2 billion people
>White Americans must be close to 200 million people, you cant generalize with so many people
Consider death.

That's like saying Indians and Nigerians are both black so the Vedic civilizations belongs to Robert Mugabe

Why do americans think that africa=black when most of the moors were berbers, arabs, iberians and some blacks.

This makes as much sense as African French speakers claiming to be Gauls.

Do indians and nigerians speak a language in the same family then ?
Also if genes are the only indicator of ethnicity half of europe wouldn't be who they say that they are.
Italians would be romance speaking germanics.
The french would be romance speaking celts.
The spaniards and portugese would be romance speaking celts and natives and the british would be germanic speaking celts.

>Germans or even white Americans commiting wewuzism
Germans are the KINGS of revisionism you fool, have you never heard of Himmler?
>we wuz hyperboreans
>wir wassen civilization n shiesse

Well the the french weren't franks either they are just celts roleplaying en masse.

This is like saying Mexicans are the equivalent of Spaniards.

Mexicans actually have significant Spanish admixture while most of the Turkish gene pool is native.

The colonized are not their colonizers.

They both speaking spanish aren't they?
But if you would look only genetics what would you have people see themselves as ?
Should everyone start learning dead languages because their genes tell them they are something instead of the culture they were born into and grew up with ?

There is Indigenous Aryan theory in India, which is popular with RSS and Hindu nationalists, which rejects the Indo-European migration hypothesis and Proto-Indo-European language theory, both of which are strongly supported by mainstream scholars and archaeological evidence. Indigenous Aryans adherents believe the IE and PIE theories are the result of a colonial racist plot to divide modern India by suggesting that the people who live there now are not the people who lived there since the beginning of history and that northern and southern India share different cultural heritages.

Instead, they favor a theory, unsupported by evidence, that India has always been one nation of people since Vedic times, and even before.

Proof.

Germans do it all the time.

They claim to WE WUZ Romans, Franks, Vikings, you name it. That's because Germany doesn't actually have a rich history, or at least nothing to rival West European countries, which drives them mad with envy.

All european countries do that shit though actually everyone on the planet does it if you only see people's races.

Only Italy can actually claim Roman heritage. Germany and Russia need not to apply.

The American concept of race is overly simplistic and makes hard divisions between races based on the inhabited continent.

>Franks
>not part of German history
>a huge part of Germany isn't Franconia and doesn't speak Franconian dialect
>no Franconian stem duchy
>Germany doesn't actually have a rich history

Dumb memesters should fuck off back to /pol/, /int/ or /b/

>or even white Americans
Americans are the biggest nordicists around if you have ever lurked /pol/(both cuckchan and cripplechan) or communities like theapricity or zetaboards.

Nazi germany fucking loved wewuzism.

Germany is only 26 years old of course it can't have a rich history :^)

American education isn't that great on many areas of the country, and a lot of schools which are predominantly black are some of the poorest and shittiest. Plus, if there's one area that the US is particularly poor in teaching, it's history, which is strange give that the country's history is not that long compared to Europe or other nations. World history basically isn't taught in many schools.

Black people in the US are obviously also on the bottom rung of the social ladder, and there isn't a lot of pride in the communities or much emphasis on education. It's not a surprise that, given the lack of knowledge of history combined with a steong feeling of disempowerment, some black people start believing conspiracy theories that history has been whitewashed and that white people are hiding that black people did all these great things in the past, it gives a sense of pride.

Isn't the majority of blacks in America have an average of 20% European DNA or something? If someone can confirm this or post the statistics of these, it would be nice.

Indian wewuzism can be pretty funny though

youtube.com/watch?v=8tw7LIykvBw
youtube.com/watch?v=hjWd9a8Ck8U
youtube.com/watch?v=WEldpMQGfYE
youtube.com/watch?v=olF4kpkiWys
youtube.com/watch?v=JXAu6QSMyj0

Some whites do have WE WUZ things. There's quite a few people saying that Gengis Khan, the pharaos, the babylonians, even early Chinese emperors were white.

Franks aren't from Franconia you stupid WEWUZNIAN germling.

some whites believe Jesus was aryan for some reason
I've even seen people on here claiming that muhammad was white

Indian Wegonbeizm is funnier though

youtube.com/watch?v=Xl0b2LGf9jM

wegonbeism is good though

Holy shit I just got cancer. The worst part is, I'm from the part of India where they speak this language (Telugu) and it's just absolutely mortifying to listen to this crap.
>Muh Indian supremacy
>bad whitey getting what he deserves and has to now beg for money from Indians

I'm not a self-hating Indian, but goddamn this is cringey. Can't we all just get along without trying to be "superior" to others cos of their skin color.

There are also the Greeks claiming the slavic Macedonians or the Anatolians were Greek. They even said they were Romans.

How about this gem?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_pyramid_claims

>irish have more culture than english protestants
This is such bullshit, it is applied to all protestant groups, it's all because everything that used to make protestants distinct culturally was such an obvious improvement that everybody adopted it. Worshiping saints and stuff like that is very culturally distinct because it's meaningless and backwards.

t. Sashko

American blacks exist in a cultural limbo,their ancestors being a bunch of irrelevant tribal slaves taken from some shithole in africa. That is why they grasp for any sort of respectable heritage.

>Mainly drawn from the land of the richest empire on earth
>the closest black africans ever came to a large empire only brought down by events out of their control
>WE WUZ EGYPTIANS AND SHIT YO
Why dont they learn :(

>eastern europeans
explain

Romania: we wuz dacians/romans and shit
Macedonia: we wuz Alexander the Great shit
Hungary: we wuz huns/sumerians and shit
Poland: we wuz sarmatians and shit

I love how some people ITT purposefully try to redefine the term as to mean everybody who minimally celebrates their heritage are wewuzers to relativize that dumb niggers claiming to be Phoenicians are dumb. Protip: Nobody's buying it.