itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-8/rate/50201
pastebin.com/icdKXhd2
inacio.itch.io/beast-traversing-pre-pre-alpha-01
clyp.it/v50ipl3y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reposting for new thread:

clyp.it/broxpxlw

Happy Demo Day /agdg/

Whats up with that Random Access Dungeon?

Remember: practice

looks really good!! keep it up friend

Undead now have a lunging attack thingy.
Barrels die in one hit now.

Sorry I didn't make it to Demoday. I'm not ready yet.

You never know what you can do after until you've previously done it before knowing you could or not.

list a feature you dont have but want in your game

Neato

youtube.com/watch?v=-_c4o_9dgZ4

If you need a fucking short loopable song for fucking free, I am the fucking guy.

multiplayer

Got basic networking going with some mechs

Im a musicfag, how could I find some games that need some music?

crafting

try tigsource

i want it too, as a mini game

email?

Game complete.

Well done dev.

>you will never finish your game's animations

i like how music guys can shill here but artists can't

Might be interested in a week or two.

My bad. [email protected]

You can do what you want, my man.

>shill
>working for free
retarded nodev

Hey guys, LightDev here, lighting works and I was gonna include a flashlight tag multiplayer mode to make up for the lack of anything new or interesting but that ended up... exploding to say the least. Create code wasn't even activating, no new levels or anything just light is a little flashier than before that's all.

You can play the game here:
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-8/rate/50201
wowit'sfuckingnothing.jpg

>Upcoming Demo Day (ONE DAY)
>Upcoming
also its bad form to highlight a specific game in the OP

he is just luring them in, my man.

>demo day is over in a day
what the FUCK

>X day
>over in a day
I see nothing wrong

>only 17 entries

Game looks good but your main character is just too boring.

YOU CHOSE THIS PATH

Music guys are different from artists. We periodically have one or two giving their stuff for free so this is why there's nothing wrong with them shilling for time to time.

How are you doing the bullet spread, so it's not just a laser-accurate stream?

random()

I'm happy that I finally got weapon pickup/dropping working after a month or so pause from dev. Now I can get the actual different weapon types/stats in, I guess.

that's because you can create music in minutes if you know what ur doing, that's not even comparable

This kills the googum

story mode

good animations

offset by minute fluxuations in the computer's fan speed modulo ms digit of unix time

>but artists can't
[Citation needed]

Being finished

its not gonna finish itself
suck on it

Dude make a webm

anyone got a script for GM to make custom fonts with sprites? I made one but it seems to exit the script after I call it, making it useless unless I'm only drawing one string at the end of my code.
pastebin.com/icdKXhd2

Look at the graphics, I think his PC can barely run UE4 as is so recording a webm would fry it

you should add a hand attack where he flicks his hand forward and back with a kind of twisting motion

use bandicam

performace stays perfect and frame rate is smoth
it will fucking fill your hard drive though

3D

Also a way to draw trails to the background that isn't done relative to the camera

>Game looks good but your main character is just too boring.

He's supposed to be a normal priest taking on a ridiculous task.
I could give him a hat and maybe a cape though I dunno.

If it helps, I like your character the way he is!

how do you get the projectile trails to stay put then?

are you ready to experience agdg's best game

inacio.itch.io/beast-traversing-pre-pre-alpha-01

Strat confirmed for that fag that makes all those pedo OPs

The trails are drawn to a separate surface with half the dimensions of the level, which is never refreshed and drawn underneath the jets. But you can't just draw trails at the missile's coordinates divided by two because that doesn't take into account the size of the camera, which is constant across both surfaces. So if you divide by two, you end up with the trails drawn off-center from the missile

So my current solution is to find the distance between the missile and the camera's x and y coordinates, and then drawing the trail that distance inward from the coordinates of the second camera which is used to draw the background. It's not perfect; if you fire a missile straight ahead and then turn, the missile's trail will appear to curve even though it's flying straight

GAME OF THRONES SPOILERS: It's shit lol. RIP having pool of book content to steal from

Just tried the clarent demo
>+ if you get gud it gets pretty fun
>+ nice animation
>- birds are merciless if you miss the first hit
>- default key settings are borderline insane
8/10 it's ok

who

I'm an old aggy dagger, just been too busy to post progress :)

Giga Crab's got the start of an intro now. He starts buried and then jumps up like the normal crab but to a ridiculous degree. He's missing sand splashes because I haven't finished animating them yet, but rest assured they'll be there.

Looks cool man

He's been posting for weeks. Maybe you should actually visit these threads instead of pretending like you know what you're talking about.

whodevs pls leave

That sounds fishy

I would if I weren't retarded and knew how to, honestly.

Runs games fine, but the editor is much more intensive.

what

do i see a buldge

wat

Is that supposed to be Charlotte? They didn't even get the outfit right if it was. There have been much better lewds produced

>tumblr nose
>man face
>no tits
This isn't the lewd E cups Charlotte we all love

Thanks user I just wish there was more to show. Luckily summer has started meaning much more time for progress.

lets see then

webmcam

Hello, I have finally put together the guides I posted about around January. I posted a link to my poll where you could decide what I would write about. Unfortunately I got swamped with work and school and I had to cut it off. I thought about what everyone said and came up with a whole new angle. I will be doing, weekly, one guide on 3 topics: 2 of which are design patterns and 1 is something random. Once again I will be posting the polls and asking for people to add me to helpful links in ops post. Tomorrow the site goes up. The first guide is on singleton, observer and UML

Great progress so far, your game actually looks challenging now. Though, those falling icicles should really be able to damage the skeletons.

sword beats monkey

>lewd E cups Charlotte
I still don't understand how that started

post games with good minimal pixel art
hard mode: no 1px legs

Look harder, user.

cant have both

mario 1

Do consoles use the same "joystick button/axis #" thing that PCs do?

Fighting game?

It's funny when you compare how totally shit NES mario and link look compared to other NES characters that use a similar amount of pixels and colors. Thank god they upgraded mario for SMB 2 and 3.

Gameplay.

Well, I do have gameplay, but I don't have enough finished assets for the intended gameplay.

That's because they didn't know what they were doing yet. All old NES games look pretty terrible

No the buttons have names

That's the thing though, aside from a few poor color choices for some levels, everything else about supermario bros looks great.

Pic related.

So in unity or unreal I'd have to do circle as an input instead of joystick button 2 I mean on the coding/input manager side.

Idk read the doc

NDA's, bro.

Nodev association's what?

Hi, thread. Last time I posted I talked with someone about implementing a score system with a multiplier and stuff to encourage you to not let enemies past you.

Well, I decided it was a good idea and implemented it. It's currently commented out for testing purposes but it does work, in this webm I'm just using a dev key to make it go up manually. When an enemy makes it past, the multiplier resets to x1.

Next I'm going to lay out what I want all my movement speeds to be for enemies and ships so I don't have to mess with those values later, I think.

Hey man nice tunes. Hope you stay around.

I like the simplicity of this.
Plus I like monkeys.

I like what I see, but what is the game about?
How are you planing to extend it? Both gameplay and story wise (assuming there will be a story).

legitimate progress

By the way, I was coming up with some ways to make the score more meaningful, how do these ideas sound:

- At the end of each 'world' (series of levels) the player is presented with a store to spend their current score on for goodies like permanent unlockables or bonuses
- At 0 lives the player can spend a pretty high amount of points (1m or so?) to get 3 more lives and keep playing, or decline to game over and save their score as is
- Highest score is denoted by the score becoming a different color when reached, furthest distance is denoted by a physical line in the game screen itself

>- Highest score is denoted by the score becoming a different color when reached, furthest distance is denoted by a physical line in the game screen itself
cool ideas

>permanent unlockables
what

Stuff like new ships to play as for future runs. I don't have any ideas for permanent stuff other than that so I just left it as a blanket term in case I come up with anything else.

Im making a new thing

clyp.it/v50ipl3y

demo I did in like 2 hrs today

how is everyone

I don't need motivation.
Where do I find sober inspiration?