/civ4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & 4X Stategy General

Mobile games edition

>Stellaris OP:
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Civilization VI trailer with release date:
Youtube: Video not found

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=682583213
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nth for being greedy

does any country on earth have anti-alien weapons / plans ready?

Why are the Hissho a minor faction in ES2? That's kind of lame

What do you think Stellaris is?

pic related

Which races you guys exterminate/enslave?

I usually enslave races who look neat.

Because they are ugly birds.

Guy who was playing SotS 2 yesterday here.

I rolled adamantine alloys. And shields Mk IV. And Structural fields.

My cruisers now cost as much as a moderate-level dreadnought, but it should take an extinction event to kill each one.
I know you care so much.

I'm never going to bother purging ayys

not really going to enslave either since I'd rather not deal with something I know will be changed within a few months tops
but they were a major faction
I'd sorta expect to see Sheredyn axed, but Hissho? That's kinda outta nowhere.

enslave good miners
integrate good researchers and power plant operators
exterminate all others

Niggas fucked up somehow, the trailer from last year showed a Hissho ship going into warp and exploding within the warp space like a motherfucker.

Also, is it me or are the Cravers going more Veeky Forums than ever?

What exactly does fleet academy do? Does it affect all ships, or just ships built on the station that has the fleet academy?

Reposting for responses

Working on a mod that would allow for a nomadic early game before settling (fallen empire smashed your homeworld, chasing you to the outer edge of the system using hyperlanes.)

Which sounds better?

>anoms providing resources; ships would be recovered from anoms as well. Resource scans are done on the entire system when you enter it.
>stations are already built, you build frontier outposts to temporarily claim territory to use before the fallen empire shows up and wrecks you.

The idea would be that you're drastically limited in the number of leaders you have. ex: only two leader cap, so either have a strong fighting force, or research two categories

Is spamming destroyers good late game? They can get up to 60% evasion and carry heavy guns. I'm just tired of my massive corvette blobs slowing everything down.

each line is an option btw

I'm really bad at 4X games. I used to play Civ V and have tried playing Crusader Kings 2 to no avail. I just tried playing Stellaris and I have no idea what I'm doing.

Do you ever have your scientists just disappear? The ones doing the research. There's no death pop-up or anything, I just eventually notice he's missing.

Enslave females, purge niggers and chinks

I've had this happen a few times, but it's just them dying. Tbh the death notification needs to be its own popup window (like you get with early game leader levelups)

Yeah

>they want to join
>1 system guy
>in the middle of my largest competitor

Fuck, I hate saying no.

is it weird starting to feel nauseous after playing stellaris for 8 hours? i can usually go on strategy games for much longer than that.
i think it's the planet and pop micromanagement.

Research new worlds protocol to get colony ships
colonize like a motherfucker
build mining stations within your territory to increase your income
when you get too many planets, break them up into sectors
spam corvettes, maximize evasion on them.

What's the furthest date you have reached in Stellaris?

Anyone up for a game right now? I'm on the steam group, but I'm GMT so doesn't look like I can play the session coming up tomorrow

For Stellaris btw

just checked out the code and it's like this.
to spawn a psionic scientist you need to research a psionic tech which is very rare and impossible to get if you are a materialist.

Why would they make research slow down with increased pops instead of just giving diminishing returns on extra research labs

your solution doesn't serve the same purpose at all

>Divine Mandate
>Leader is 80
>Venerable
>Cell Revitalization III
>Genome Mapping
The heir must be salty as fuck.

I have never played anything more complex than fucking Total War and I've managed to figure it out so far. The in-game tutorial robot is pretty helpful.

I mean, I'm fighting for my life against massively superior AI opponents because I didn't have a fucking clue how to optimise anything early game and they'd grabbed all the best star systems but I'm still alive and free.

Appropriate traits?

>life extensions on any government that gives a one time bonus per leader

I could understand it on the less useful things, like oversized stations or the elite guard, but the mausoleum is actually pretty good.

It would give larger empires faster research than smaller empires, which makes sense. But not too fast.

how to specialize your capital planet? I've been doing energy with 4 research stations

>tfw

fuarrk, he's looking joocy

I have a -10% happines modifier simply named Empire. Anyone know what it is?

Might be from having to many planets under direct control.

I'm mediocre at gaming and I was busy being a fucktard to even learn how to use the transports, but yet, I am the top dog of the galaxy. First playthrough.
It's not a hard game, just look at the Blorg session for a bit.

Literally just match tile bonuses until its maxxed then replace food with power or research.
Blank tiles get unique buildings.

h i g h t e s t

If I had any diverging ethics, I'd care. But luckily I purge everything.

check under your demographics tab on the government screen
or something

Were you able to figure out squalor?

A larger empire having faster research doesn't make sense. Spreading technology takes less time the smaller the empire is. Unless you have more research labs. Which is exactly how it is in the game. If you want faster research as a larger empire you have to invest more into research.

bumping post for bannable? glory

Is there a mod for Stellaris where I can make my pops eat cement?

Conformist only applies for the species, not for anyone else you integrate.

How good is Adaptable?

Did he get elected for leadership ? Happened to me

How hard would it be to mod in warscore gain for killing 2/3rds of a fleet that retreats? I am really not digging that I have to destroy the entire fleet to get anything, and its tedious as shit either building FTL trap stations or chasing them all the way across the galaxy, because if they have equivalent space travel tech, it's literally impossible to catch them, and they should lose something for throwing 10k of a 15k fleet in the trash. I just want like... a third, of the warscore I would normally gain on killing all of them, that would make it less of a complete waste of time.

>Heir dies before the Ruler

I'm going to make a CB mod.

What kind of CB the game needs atm?

I'm thinking about giving xenophobic empires a "Install puppet state" instead of vassalize. It pretty much create a new vassal empire, with your species as ruler, in your enemy empire.

I'll probably give "Pay reparations" as a CB too, but I still need to figure out the credits system.

>leader dies
>click the skull
>takes me to the location
>doesn't open the appropriate window
>have to got through research, science ships, and planetary governors manually just to figure out who died.

bravo paradox

HUMILIATE
I want to cover other species in my alien seed and broadcast it over subspace for all to see while they make ahegaos and every one of their eyes has a heart pupil.

You can already humiliate, but only fallen empires.
Making it so you can use against everyone should be easy.

Well, that's one way of solving things. Any of your neighbours try and form a coalition to take you down yet? It's what I fear is going to happen to me soon, should I keep my own purging up.

Why can't we change the settings for popups and notifications? This is a step back from every other Paradox game released

It says in the skull "scientist died/governor died" or something, doesn't it?

Nope. I only have one xeno contact left at the moment, the other two didn't make it.

is that game any good?
how is it compared to stellaris?

Full Bombardment should convert planets into tomb worlds in less than a year that's what

But that's wrong

Stellaris is GotY in comparison to SotS2

Imperium of Saber, Ruler Saber WIP

Honestly is there any reason not to just run a full corvette fleet with nothing but torpedoes?

fuck
Stellaris is already getting boring so I'll just wait for some mods but I also want to play a space game so waht now?

Wait for Endless Space 2

despoty
>some one-per-ruler shit nobody cares about
>all bonuses except for hegemony are shit
republic
>goals give huge bonuses to jumpstart early game but literally useless mid to late as you can't fulfill them
>pretty nice bonuses
oligarchy
>agendas are op as fuck
>bonuses are shit except for technocracy and plutocracy

I didnt like endless space 1 it felt so shallow

Are torpedoes, plasma and autocannons just a better line of tech than missiles, lasers and kinetic?

Battleshits can rape stuff.

If Endless Legend is something to judge the studio by, they've made leaps and bounds of progress on that

If Republics didn't get bonuses nobody would play them.

Would you really limitate your own decision power for no game bonus?

good to know then I'll follow ES 2 and decide later on

You do less damage and PD will make you do even less.

Big ships put out lots of damage.

Currently having the most fun I've ever had in a civilization game

So how many purges annoy the SJW FE?

>late game
>still spamming corvette blobs
lolwut

Install steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=682583213 and put the proper Combine symbol on that.

I got away with 2 partial purges + 2 full purges.

Can someone post the white name list/portrait only mod for Stellaris please?

Those are the wrong government types.
The real ones are autocracy, democracy and oligarchy.

How is MoO 3?

Purge all fungi
I'm not going to let them evolve and infect me and take my mind over like theY HAVEN'T DONE AT ALL, THEY ARE INNOCENT FUNGOID "INFECTED" RACES ARE MERELY A BYPRODUCT OF ENGINEERING FUNGI TO ENHANCE THEIR NATURAL ABILITIES. WOULD YOU LIKE TO TRADE, FRIEND? :3

10/10 ideas with disappointing execution and incompetent AI

More like Imperium of Lowquality

For the mod archive in the OP for Stellaris, how do I extract the files. It keeps coming up with an error that the .mod file isn't even there?

I purge every race I dislike.

I wish the infectious fungi (and that worm mollusc) would actually have several different types of infected races instead of just one.
Like, the black stuff could have one human portrait, the ewok it already has, and maybe a reptile too.

Saw some guy saying
>this is how you go tall
and I think he had a planet with tons of structures giving adjacency bonuses to research.
Anyone know what that was?

Any way to discover robots then phasing out your actual species and replacing them with robots?

Like dune I guess

No structures give adjacency bonuses to research, but the Nuclear Wasteland tile blocker does. Time for you to go off and colonise some tomb worlds.

When I use the command add_trait_species on my species with "add_trait_species [my species] [trait]" it works perfectly fine, but when I use "add_trait_species [ai species] [trait]" it does nothing. I can't tell if I'm missing something glaringly obvious like a spelling error but I really don't think that's the case.
I've done it in observe mode, I've done it after tag-ing in to that ai species, but for some reason the command only works on the species I originally started the game with, even though the command actually requests you specify which species you want to update.
Any ideas why this is fucking up?

If they developed a specific symbiotic relationship with a single species then it makes sense for it to be just one portrait.

Tomb world or stone age primitives.

I would assume its either primitives or living trees from titanic life.

>UI Overhaul 1080p causes Stellaris to CTD on game load

Fucking kill me