/twg/ - Total War General

The True Horrors of War

>Pastebin FAQs
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed)

>Attila mods
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2105-Total-War-Attila-Modifications

>Warhammer

Kholek Suneater Chaos vs Dwarfs (Dwarf POV) -- [YouTube] KILLING CHAOS! - Total War: WARHAMMER Battle Gameplay (embed)
Battle Magic Spotlight -- [YouTube] Total War: WARHAMMER - Battle Magic Spotlight [ESRB] (embed)
Chaos Warriors Campaign Walkthrough -- [YouTube] Total War: WARHAMMER - Chaos Warriors Campaign Walkthrough (embed)
First 15 Minutes of the Greenskins Campaign, SPOILERS INSIDE -- [YouTube] Total War: Warhammer - First 15 Minutes of the Greenskins Campaign (embed)
Modding Officially supported -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Modding_Details
Campaign Gameplay Streams (Greenskins, Dwarfs, Empire, Vampire Counts) -- twitchDOTtv/totalwarofficial/profile

For the Dark Gods

>Lizardmen still not announced.

First for GOTYAY in my heart.

>tfw when you wipe out 3 transports in a single turn

I fucking loved Empire. Not sure why so many people shittalk it.

IF OUR LORD IS T'BECOME KING WH campaign map looks so damn comfy

Same reason why people shittalk Rome 2, it had a horrendous launch that was almost unplayable.

It's pretty buggy. Still my favorite game but I'm a Musketteophile.

Literally the best Total War game ever made. The scope and scale alone makes me love this game.

>tfw somebody uses a picture you made as the OP

As much as I love the game, the launch was abysmal, and the European theatre easily had the worst campaign map of the entire series (one-region France, Spain) but I'm with you.
Easily my favourite TW by far.

Anime!

That's not TWWH.

I didn't play it at launch so I can't say anything about that, but with Darthmod it legitimately became my third favorite game of all time. There was always so much to do in it, the size of the campaign map was ridiculous, everything really felt alive. The rosters were also pretty unique once you left western Europe.

We'll make that call when we get out hands on it.

And of course, people who prefer historical line battle will likely place Empire and Napoopan higher, since enjoyment is subjective. Which is ok.

Aksum cucked da world. Hataz did! He took an Aksum army to Britannia. There wuz NO ONE left to cuck, da wimmiz wuz his.

But Hataz is dead. His Empire is gone. And so we live in EVIL days. The bulls of Aksum have cucked each other instead of their proper enemies, those who ENVY the big Aksum cock.

Hataz must weep, if da dead weep. I would weep in his place, but I would also hope. Da world turns. What wuz may come again. Da fates still spin da web of men's lives. So now perhaps da gods wish Aksum to cuck again. Perhaps a new Hataz will become the bull, bring the BIG AKSUM COCK where there are LITTLE ROMAN BOYS. Recuck the world to a better place.

Perhaps.

It still is, I literally just started it up for the first time in years, click 'continue campaign' (no idea what that was) and it crashed.

I started the Founding America campaign thing anyway, jesus I forgot how annoying moving units in this game can be. It's like how in sieges in Attila you get caught on all the buildings, but for Empire read any piece of errant topography.

I do love the time period though, it was the TW game that got me into the series.

It was the part where it caused fucking bluescreens because it was so badly made.

>like how in sieges in Attila you get caught on all the buildings
Better than the pre-warscape days.
Jesus christ.

7 DAYS MY DUDES. WHO'S FUCKING hype?

I'll still be playing m2.

Oh shit it's Agrippa

I did not want to give this a (You), but I'm proud of you guys that no one replied to this autismbait. /twg/ has hope.

My thoughts, exactly.

>i'll still be playing my broken ass engine :^))))

>Playing England in SS 6.4
>eliminate scotland and france
>alliances with all other neighboring factions in europe
>decide to take fight to the muslims
>spend nearly 20 turns sailing an army to cyprus to make a base from where to launch assaults into the holy land
>general dies one turn before landing, but I take the fortress anyways
>occupy settlement instead of exterminating populace but my full stack isnt enough to manage public order
>get kicked out due to rebellion in a few turns
>army too depleted to retake fortress and muslim reinforcements sailing to island
>entire army killed by end of turn

Well shit. Nearly 30 turns of planning down the drain all because I tried to be nice. I'll be back though, and I'll de-populate every muslim city I find. My soldiers will be avenged.

>le m2 is broke meme

>start war of aggression
>lose
>THE MUSLIMS WILL PAY

mods

>not exterminating
They paid for your codes of chivalry with their blood.
How are you going to explain that to them in the afterlife?

Despite my best efforts yeah but still fully prepared for disappointment.

Tell that to the seljuk turks hanging out in spain.

>Muslims aggressively conquere land from Christians, force everyone to convert or die/pay an extreme tax
>reconquer the lands for Christendom
>OMG WAR OF AGGRESSION

:^)

Saved by the hill

I would have liked it a lot more had it not been buggy, the sieges were better, and the fucking turn timer wasn't made of ass after 50-60 turns.

I hope they try again though fall of the samurai was so god damn fun the naval battles with guns are just so good.

Feels like an eternity away.

Yes.

The Levant kinda turned its back on other Christians and accepted reasonable muslim rule as it was better than the previous setup.
Which was constant being raided and being levied to fight the Persians.

I'm hyped but I was also hyped for Rome 2 and we all saw how that went down.

This. Let's say that I'm waiting for some reviews and using that 7 day window to its fullest.

not as broken as warscape but still broken.

>666

Being Hype has no harm unless you let it make your expectations fucking larger than life. ROME2 didn't have tons of solid stuff before release. I"m mad they're keeping the fuckin build system but things could be worse.

Maybe they died as a sacrifice to gain support for crusading back home. Maybe it was an inside job...

I really want to post my Empire campaign but can't until the 19th May :(

why? no one will care

tell me about the steam tank and luminark are they OP as shit?

How would CA be able to track you down?

Nah bro, GW will send their crack team of lawyers to hunt him down, just like how they're totally going to sue everyone who makes mods they don't like.

My friend, remind them that you're behind seven proxies.

They have literally no way of knowing
just do it

Take a screenshot of your campaign map.
recreate every aspect of the image in mspaint.exe

For the love of God, friend. Do it.

>tfw no comfy tww campaign discussion

Less than a week now, but it still feels so far away.

>implying

It'll just be shitposting and whining.

Can't wait my friend for all the OC and silly stories.

Shit what to do

I can't wait till this thread turns into /v/ shitposting and calling the game shit.

I'm excited but a little bit confused. How will any co-op campaign other than Empire+Dorf work?

Who migrating here?

People won't be massive lore-autists?

Well multi faction would probably be competitive rather than cooperative obviously.
But you can co-op as the same faction.
Two Empire players, one Legendary Lord each. It's been confirmed.

I guess but can you even do, say, a Dorf+Chaos campaign? Isn't the Chaos object just "kill everything"? And the Vamp victory conditions involve literally destroying the Empire.

Its not going to be that great at the beginning

>only 5 factions to choose from
>only 5 starting spots
>everyone doing the same quest chains and fighting the same borders till they've passed enough turns for their campaign to become unique
>'OMG i took black crag'
>'stfu noob we all did'

Mods will fix it.

Who /playinghardestdifficultyday1/ here?

Fuck me. Did Stellaris, Warhammer and HOI4 need to come out so close together? Actual glut.

im not a tryhard edgy faglord, so not me

Was more hyped a week ago before I saw Joey fuck up so much. I'm not watching any more shit until release.

>But you can co-op as the same faction.

Oh fug really? When did they announce that?

well like that other user said you can do multi same faction. But maybe there are ifferent win conditions like Control 4 total sections or w/e with your teammate.

We get it, you're new to total war. And that's okay.

Don't worry user, there's plenty to talk about in BotET

>Stellaris
>HOI4
lmao
m
a
o

Thats one of the mods they plan to have ready for release. It was announced along with mods.

No thanks, games tend to let AI cheat so no fucking thanks. I enjoy a challenge when the Ai is smart not just. "enemy ai produce 4x as much revenue as you"

oh shit I thought they were saying that was only through a mod

Awesome

When they announced modding they said one of the mods that will be available at release will be multiple starting positions for LL. So if you choose KF, Gelt will be leading another faction. They said that you will be able to do a Coop campaign this way.

Greentext Stellaris if you want but slight hearts of iron one more time and I'll have you gutted like a stuck pig you rancid swine

Yeah, this. It was mentioned in that the only thing stopping it would be having to mod in a second province for the second player of the faction and move the LL over to it.

Is that confirmed how the higher difficulties work?

It's just x more revenue and x more unit morale right?

HOI4 literally looks and plays like a tablet game

Oh shiiiiit that's amazing, thanks!

I wonder who could be behind this post.

Not that poster but I've played HOI since the second game and HOI4 looks abysmal.
Fuck every last one of their decisions.

So other than "play a different game" or meme answers, what's a fun country to pick in R2 for me to play? I only have like 7 hours in this game and looking for something to be actually interesting that's not easy mode.

t. Liquorpro

Massilia

Egypt

Pontus

The only information they've told us on difficulty is how aggressive the AI is. On lower difficulties the AI factions will play more defensively, seek out more alliances, and be more forgiving to things like trespassing in their lands or agent actions. On Legendary though, pretty much everyone hates you and wants you to die so you're in a constant state of fighting off multiple fronts.

If the AI also gets bonus resources or better unit stats, they're keeping it a secret.

Im tempted to go for an Ironman campaign,
Legendary Lords must play on legendary difficulty.

ultimate mode is to play house rules and abandon campaign when your LL dies "wounded" in battle

Just pick Rome And migrate halfway across the world

> Tomb Kings still not announced

Is there an actual ironman feature now?

Legendary difficulty.