Tir Chonaill Graveyard Edition

=======================
>New to Mabinogi? Read this:
pastebin.com/rteefc4J
========================

>Wiki
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/

>Veeky Forums Player Spreadsheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvmzrRxJfnwMdEV6Szc0aVlMZ19mWDdvOUoxZS1PTHc

>Player Guidebook (Tips, Facts, and Guides)
docs.google.com/document/d/1zSPei0UXPABHt3BuOKVuOt3L_PvPHgX8kKJvsOE08Yk

>Windmill Training Guide
pastebin.com/YGtj7DHZ

>Mabinogi Windows 10 Workaround
youtube.com/watch?v=Wef1ZaulObg

Last thread

Summer events soon™. Almost everything is ending on Wednesday.

Sure is quiet.

HUMAN ARCHER

I just don't think these will stay alive, even the korean versions are dying because peoples demands of being able to do shit together without everything getting blasted open in seconds is being denied because devs fear it might "scare away" newbies.

>do main quest while saving up for armor
>bookstore bitch just gives me a full set of armor and a better weapon for free

>letting the last thread to die

New player here, how do I fix this problem with NPC portraits being over the text?

Well since I have an ass-load of free time I could either do blogposting about the korean/japanese versions of the game or draw some garbage if that interests anyone.

I have to sleep some time.

Sure.

>rank 6 windmill
>at-level enemies no longer give experience
Why the fuck do people play this game?

Because they enjoy it. Windmill should not be giving you that much trouble. Go into Their Method on a couple of different difficulties, find one with zombies at the rank you need, and set the party finish rule to anyone. Boom, windmill is now easy as fuck.

Ideas for the Alexina guild name?

>Playing on Alexina

>go to tara quest board
>take quest 'their method'
>spin2win

Whatever you're doing is dumb. I know you're not doing their method because you'd be laughing at how painfully easy this shit is otherwise.

That's where the majority of our 6 active players are.

Do you even play anymore?

Yes, even got event outfits.

Add Thannytoes when you make the guild.

Also Their Method seems super frustrating to group everything together for the "finish 4 enemies simultaneously" but I guess it's better than getting .5 exp at a time from metal skeletons.

If you were on Mari i would lend you my abysmal cooking pot and my raccoon cub wizard suit for -1500cp, training WM to r1 with foxes.

Neat, mabi threads again. What have you all been up to? I helped a new newbies do G1

You could just wait until you can kill them easier so you don't spread them out so much. Or take on one at a time and try to knock them all into a pile. Just take a break from WM if you're getting tired of it, it's really not that bad even at higher CP.

Also we're gonna need 4 people on all at once just to create the guild so I'll just add you as a friend when I make my Alexina character.

Slowly working through all the content I've ignored over the years and helping guild mates. If you know anyone from Mabigen who still plays it'd help a lot if you let them know the general's back, it keeps dying at night and it's not doing swell during the day either.

Why did you revive this general?
Was the G20 upate that notable or worthwhile?
>Rank 6 windmill
Just spam Tara's SM where only zombies spawn. It was something named "Their Method", I think.

It's a decent update, but it's also a couple of months old now. I just want the general back. It's nice to have people to talk to about the game.

Bump.

What weapons should I focus on as a newbie? I didn't know blacksmiths had different repair success rates so Ferghus has left my beginner fluted shortsword with 5 durability. I like 2h swords but those look like they're only good if you've maxed smash. Gladius or Broadsword, I suppose?

This event's clothing sucks.

Just use whatever you're most comfortable with for now. Also if you're a human you're probably gonna want to stick with dual swords.

guys pls

Ninja buff when

Ninja is underpowered? Fuck, I chose that class cause I thought it looked cool.

>min>max
Wait, what happens if your min damage range is above your max? Does it invert them, or do you just deal the 'min' amount 100% of the time?

Anyone play Mabinogi Duel? What deck are you guys running?

I just started a week ago and got Persona: Mercedes, is it worth making a deck around her?

Last I heard, Ninja's fine. Problem is that it draws from two stats so you're fucked if you don't have the main talents down.

Probably the latter.

Doesn't change the fact there is a Ninja buff on JP and KR that NA hasn't received yet.

Am I the only one who has this problem or something?

So I'm level 44, rank 5 windmill. Skeletons are starting to appear as 'awful' rather than just 'boss.' Should I rebirth to lose some CP after grinding out all the "kill X groups" requirements?

Taking a screenshot would help diagnose your problem user

Is everyone on mabigen making new characters on the same server? Because I've got a character on Mari who's high level but I'm bored as shit doing nothing with nobody. Most of the server population of Mari is also fucking abysmal with loads of edgy nerds.

I had a character on Mari but I just decided to start over on Alexina because that's what everyone else said they were doing.

I must have spent a lot of time dicking around on my first account because I already have more money and levels on this character after only 3 days.

I think the beginning has just become much easier. I've been using my Mari character since I was like 13 playing in G2. When I got my friends to play they got to my level in like a week. It bums me out a little because I wasn't able to just blaze through generations for them and give them free shit, they were able to do that themselves.

What's the prominent Veeky Forums guild on Alexina right now? Very new to this server, but good to see it's actually pretty lively compared with where I came from.

Also, what's a good price to offer for an average quality Celtic Royal Warrior Hammer? This is presently my highest priority.

Reinstall? Verify game integrity if on steam?

Well user I think your number one problem is running winblows 10. Have you considered migrating to a free software alternative such as linux?
is it only with duncan? girl I used to play with ran windows 8 and had the same problem but only with duncan

I got the game through the Nexon Launcher.

I only got Win10 because the place I bought my pc didn't come with a free OS so I using this trial version they gave me for the time being and I'm too lazy to install Linux for now.

>is it only with duncan?
It happens on every NPC.

change color depth to 16-bit

Someone help me out here

At least on the first question.

Wow, it worked, thanks.

I get a white screen when using fullscreen with 16-bit though, but I don't mind using windowed.

It's a thing with AMD cards apparently. Game runs better in windowed anyway.

Did you have trouble getting it to work on W10? I've got a laptop with W10 and the game won't even run, even with exceptions set for hackguard and all that shit.

Aside from the Permission Denied thing with the Nexon Launcher, no problems at all.

I think that's a good stopping place for today. Apparently R5 to R4 is the real grindfest, after that you can just farm Their Method for easy levels.

Why are you only grinding windmill?

Because I've spent years being told that you max windmill first or you don't play the game.

It's a fairly important skill but you seem to be taking it to an extreme with ranking nothing else lol. Even smash which is like the easiest skill to rank is only D here.
If you're having fun then max it out but don't think you should just forget everything else, you have flexibility here.

Coming back since the general is reviving. If everyone's making new characters I wanna look like a cowboy or something. Anybody possibly have some ideas on how to achieve this aesthetic?
Already planning on replacing all the music with Marty Robbins and various country tunes

Cowboy Hat+Flamerider Outfit or Ranger Suit and you got it, pretty easily, male or female. Boots should be easy to figure out once you have those.

You joining Alexina as well? I think that's where many are moving to.

I was literally told on numerous occasions not to rank anything but Windmill because it would fuck up the training spots.

wm isnt even relevant anymore

squires poop out special tendering pots anyway

Yotsuba was the big one, but apparently it's dead. We're going to try to make a new one soon. Maybe tomorrow. Any ideas for a name?

It was never THAT bad, and we've been telling people in like every thread for the last week that windmill is no longer an issue at practically any CP level.

post group pictures

this was a Ariadust reunion photo to celebrate G20. majority do not play any more though

I don't have any because I never did anything with the Veeky Forums guild on my server.

I heard the game went to shit... is that true or is it still good?

Compared to everything else? Might as well be the best thing on the market, just badly advertised.

Nah, actually quite the opposite. Game's way, way better now because it's easier to get into. The biggest problem before was that everything was gated behind thousands of hours of grinding, and now there's a big beginner program to give you tons of stuff to start out with.

and how is the games population?

Pretty small compared to other games, but Mabinogi's never been particularly populated in the first place. Alexina reaches about half capacity on a normal day, but it's only one of three servers.

International?
Fine, but really lacking fresh blood so if you're going to need help in the first Generations, you're most likely going to get someone that has already passed that Generation long ago. Mostly oldies playing with a decent amount of newbies from here to there.
Japanese?
Not too shabby, most people just AFK chatroom though.
Korea?
Literally stuffed.

Games 100% not going to die away on any of the servers though, game doesn't have any bots or RMT so it's probably one of NA-nexon's biggest revenue streams.

Highly suggest grabbing a friend along, or trying to make friends if you see someone as new as you, if you jump in. Not necessary, but the game is tons of fun with other people.

If you're on mari, I can personally help you get windmill up without much hassle. but seriously, you don't have to be so strict on yourself despite what everyone says. There are talents, more lenient requirements, and missions with tons of monsters with high enough cp. Gone are the days of spending weeks at TNN and having to die to keep experience low to prevent leveling and cp going up.

I've literally trained wm to r1 in a day without any help, but I'm just autistic. You, on the other hand, can have it for free in the matter of an hour or so.

Might have something to do with the guild leader dividing up his players among various games, only to leave them and join others.

I'm on Alexina. I know there are much simpler ways like CP-lowering gear, but I doubt I'd actually be able to afford anything like that. I'm sitting on 400k as it stands, and that's just from grinding church missions nonstop.

My current schedule basically runs as healer/general store/church PTJ, and then dungeon running or shadow missions. Rabbie was good until the metal skeletons stopped appearing as bosses, so now I'm just doing shadow missions for the 'defeat several enemies' experience and running Rundal to make up the rest. Apparently you can get R4~R1 just from the 'defeat several enemies' runs so I could probably have R1 in an hour or so tomorrow.

And then after that I'll just start dumping AP en masse into smash, combat mastery, etc. Y'all have been freaking out over me focusing exclusively on windmill, but I've been getting by perfectly fine either way. I'm just traumatized from the last time I played this game in 2012~2013 with the AWYEAH guild basically hammering it into my head that you HAD to max windmill first or you were ruining yourself.

You do realize Other Alchemist has mobs with insanely high cp, even at lower difficulties, right?

I'd say you wasted your time with rundal, rabbie, and other dungeons, when easily you could've accomplsihed all of windmill on Other Alcehmist and Their Method alone.

Anyways, you'd be better off dumping your AP into combat mastery, dual wield mastery, and sword mastery, in that order before anything else. Reasoning is that wm's a strong aoe, you could focus on increasing its damage to increase leveling speed.

At least I'm not grinding blacksmithing or some shit.