I was watching the Big short and noticed that two guys on that got rich by investing on things people hoped would never...

I was watching the Big short and noticed that two guys on that got rich by investing on things people hoped would never happen, and it got me thinking.

And I thought about something that everyone hopes will never happen and have convinced themselves won't, but all signs point to it definitely happening. I don't wanna give it away but I'm not sure where to start. If I actually do end up finding a way to invest in it i'll share.

What I really want to know, was this just some throwaway line or is this kind of thing possible, and how do you start investing in people's fears?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=bitcoin price
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

artificial human organs made from stem cells is something people want but will never talk about truthfully. a perfect artificial heart is the holy grail of medicine and there's no price that's too high.

That's a good one but i think mine is more far reaching, akin to the housing crisis. It'll effect people on a global scale.

Is it the Chinese housing market? the American housing market? The bankers here are doing the same thing that caused the crisis in 2008.

No the housing markets are too obvious now, that ship has sailed.

Well most nocoiners/grandpas here dont like bitcoin and trumpcoin, so here you go

Protip: you look at the stock market and you find the most over valued sector and you short it. You short it hard.

Since 2011 this has been the tech stocks. Particularly Google, Amazon and Facebook.

Just share what it is OP, I can guarantee you worst case scenario is some NEET drops his semen covered shitcoin fund in an attempt to outsmart you.

It's unlikely that you will accomplish anything without power.

George Soros is famous for investing in events that people think are unlikely, igniting the fire and cashing out.

Although you need money and proxies to pull this off.

So VR then?

nentendo is a good one, people wrongly raised the price thinking they owned Pokemon GO and i bet their next system will be a failure like their last ones.

I'm also thinking automated cars and all that tesla shit.

Jewbook owns the occulus rift.

Tesla is a debt bomb. Without growth, the company withers and dies.

Well that's why i want to bet against it.

How do I invest in the inevitability of all of your private information stored on servers owned by unethical businessmen being used against you?

pic related. youre too late

>something that everyone hopes will never happen and have convinced themselves won't
Bitcoin becoming to strong against central banks resulting in nobody taking their monopoly money serious anymore

this.

Is bitcoin still down from the hack?
I'm thinking about buying a little and just holding until it goes mainstream.

So then you could short currency right? Which would just essentially be borrowing money from the bank, using it to buy alot of buttcoin, then buying the money back with buttcoin when it plummets and giving it back to the bank

Only problem is that volatility will be brutal with >+-70% swings for Bitcoin as we have seen in the past. So better don't take on to much leverage doing this.

I thought volatility was what made it lucrative

lmgtfy.com/?q=bitcoin price