Things you don't understand , but respect

Things you don't understand , but respect
>genuine lowriders in 2016

that's about it. i understand all other aspects of different automotive scenes, and the ones that I don't understand, i don't respect. like stancefags

non riced Hondas

>modifying bland shitboxes

swangaz on a hearse

>Not knowing why honda civics are iconic
You don't mofify a honda to say you have the most interesting car yiou do it so you can say you have a honda.

stock hondas. rarer than exotics. respect

Spotted thus wickedness in the school parking lot, then saw it on a friend's snapchat story

they're iconic because like the beetle they were crapped out by the metric fuckload and were cheap as shit

I like lowriders

I like them because they take cheap sit cars and make them bounce around and it's fun
I hate stance because they specifically go after sports cars, rare cars, drivers cars, sport trims and then make them completely unusable with an air of condescending victim complex

What's going on with that trunk, what does it do?

doesn't make beetles any less cool.

It will literally spin. As in rotate. Like a fucking helicopter or something.

I don't get that shit. I'm with OP, I have respect for the work it takes to make that shit happen, but fuck if I understand why you'd want it to do that.

underage

Ok his defense, you can be 18 in high school. Most people turn 18 before they graduate.

Minor stance.

Not the extreme camber like some people in my area have on their miatas and civics, but a very slight and practical (and barely noticeable) camber.

That said, I wouldn't ever stance a car of mine.

See
I lost my wallet so I had to get a duplicate, hence the recent date of issue

It's just a show of a person or shop's skills usually.

That or someone wants a lot of attention and paid some shop to modify it.

I'm 19, and about to graduate high school.

There are plenty of legal age juniors and seniors.

I figured it was just to be ridiculous and have fun.

can you sit in it while it spins?

I like this because it appears to be drowning.

How do you turn? That looks like a single degree of movement.

>What is airbag suspension

Now we're talking

so It's a car that looks weird when parked and looks retarded when driving?

Yes.

this, MUST be the reason

Damn, someone who's younger than me. I found Veeky Forums when I was 11 or 12.

>modifying a car just for the sake of it
>modifying a car for 1.31% increase in 0-100
>modifying a car

Anything that requires genuine fabrication and not just buying shit.

>hobbies are a waste of time

>tfw Veeky Forums is more than half your life

I understand that just fine. It looks pretty neat, and it's impressive engineering.

'E-excuse me, I think you truck has, uh, sunk into the ground...'
"Oh, naw, son. Lookit this."
*pssshhhhh*
*truck rises up on suspension*

I'm pretty sure that 99% of car modifications are justified by 'my inner three year old thought it was cool'.

mfw ive been lurking for 8 years

If Veeky Forums was half of my life id prob just end it already

Maybe you're just a retard.

>tripfag
>underaged
>doesn't even own "his" titular car
Why the fuck do you trip? You're an embarrassing mangled failure of an abortion, and no one here wants you.

>Rednecks have evolved from riding bull to riding in their pickup trucks bed

Dude I think my game is totally glitched right now

I do wonder how they get the engine in such a small vertical space

This and flashy, well done show cars.

I think lowriders and flashy show cars look like shit, but I respect the quality of the work that goes into that glass-smooth paint, flawless chrome work and immaculately clean chassis.

It's either a rolling chassis or a flat/boxer engine swap. Most likely the former.

>flat/boxer engine swap
that or a dry slumped side valve i4
or a twin rotor with slight intake change

>I respect the quality of the work that goes into that glass-smooth paint, flawless chrome work and immaculately clean chassis.

Ditto that.

What I can't figure out is why people engrave rotors. Literally engrave them. So you can never use them again without ruining them.

I mean, I understand show cars and all, but at that point it's not even really a car any more. It's just a rolling statue. I guess you could still appreciate it for the art, but I think at that point it's a bit beyond your average car guy.

they enjoy the suffering I guess

If the hobby is turning the car from a perfectly functional vehicle into a distasteful shitheap, then yes, it's a waste of time and other resources. Why the fuck is it so hard to keep it stock and maintain it regularly

Racing the eighth mile. Now don't get me wrong I'm not hating on it, in fact as a spectator I think it's pretty cool. But the last few seconds of the quarter mile in a close race is an awesome kind of stomach clenching. Happens a bit quick in the eighth I think.

But damn are there some rocketship eighth mile cars.

1/8 is cheaper/less land, also safer.

I get that 100% and that's why there are so many small raceways around America. In Aus it's majority quarter mile strips and the eighth nights just seem a bit short. But that's a thing on my don't dig but get list.

I don't understand
I don't like it
But god damn if that ain't labor and craftsmanship right there

nothing pisses me off more than seeing someone have a hobby

or you can be 18 because summer birth day like my case during my senior year.

>engraved rotors.

now this is a new level of retard.

>mexico on one of the rotors
this explains a lot