Used car salesman comes on the test drive

>used car salesman comes on the test drive

He has to. No way you're getting that car for free.

kill him

>He has to.
No he doesn't

Not at all dealerships. Especially if you leave them a trade in to inspect...that's worth something and speaks for your responsibility and character. Leaving them a beat to shit Honda Civic will not accomplish this.

>it's ok user, go ahead and drive this 11 thousand dollar car around by yourself
>no really it's fine I trust you ;)

>not test driving a two seater and bringing a friend.

>test drive a fucking roached volvo 240
>autstic sperglord cowboy used car salesman runs my license through a criminal database
>the car i got there with is worth like 9k
>he brings out the ONE fucking dealer plate he has
>hangs it from two holes drilled in the trunk
>right side of car missing all trim because he glued it all on the left side which faced the road
>190k
>offer like 400

DESE CARS GIT A MILLLLAN MILES IN YUROP SO IM NOT BUDGIN FROM 2,000$ I COULD GIT A-THASAND IN SCRAP

shits still sitting there like 3 years later, and hes since increased his price fucking idiot.

>he thinks they don't already have all your information at that point
Middle schooler detected.

>implying people are not retarded enough to try it
>not realizing that the dealer rides along is to continue the sales pitch and make sure you don't wreck your shit

>buy nice cars from premium dealers
>they invite you to test drive their cars and never ride along with you

>salesman rides along
>doesn't let you get on the highway

>Many years ago
>In FL, from MA
>Bored, checking out the new generation of muscle cars from Ford, Chebby, Durge, etc (2010)
>Roll up on Chevy dealer
>Shoot the shit, want to take a Camaro 2SS for a test drive
>Give him my portrait MA license (under 21)
>make up story of how I just moved from MA and didnt get a new license yet
>Gives keys to a fucking Transformers car
Why_not.jpg
>He says to be back in half an hour
>Doesnt come along
>Do stoplight drags for every minute allotted cause thats all FL has
Was fun

>salesman sees that you are a shit driver, and doesn't want to take the risk

Highways are safer than normal roads

>wheel up to the lot on my bicycle
>dealer's eyes says he thinks this is a slam dunk
>check out the 2000 Maxima, 168k, they want $2000
>test drive it. every minute in the car i knock off $50 for problems
>brakes screaming, clutch slips anytime going from standstill into 1st, smells fucking weird, note on the inspection paper saying that the computer is broke and must be fixed
>the grill is held on by a wooden block someone has bolted to the car
>go back to dealership, offer him $1000
>"you know kid it's tax season, a lot of people want a $2000 car. I'm not gonna have trouble selling it"
>i've saved up over 10 grand
>bid him good luck, hop on my bike and ride away
>his mouth is open
>call him back 3 days later, offer him $750, tell him it's the best that i can do
>he calls me back a week later begging to sell the car

Why wouldn't they? Do you think they're going to allow you to drive off with a free car?

I've found it to be 50/50 whether they ride along or not. It depends on the dealership, and how busy they are. Though the last one that did ride along kept egging me on to gun it. And the other times I step on it a bit anyway. If I'm considering buying a car, I wanna feel firsthand what its power is like.

>not taking your dick out

Do you even know how to buy a car?

Apparently not.

The car salesman I used to work for encouraged people to gun it if he knew they were going to buy it.

He got a guy to do 105 on the highway in a 2001 SL55 AMG before the driver chickened out.

God I miss working with him, he's a fucking lunatic.

105? Absolute madman.

If you had 10k why did you go there to look and test drive a fucked 750 car?

4 lane highway, and the salesman took professional driving courses when he was younger, so he knew how to instruct people.

He just told the guy to keep the wheel straight and to not jerk the wheel if he felt it was drifting out of the lane.

Another time, he bought a 2011 John Cooper Works Mini, and decided to test drive it on a long side road. Long story short he jumped it on a slight bump and cracked the windshield and tore off the front bumper on landing.

Not for you, lady.

You're goddamn right I am coming along you dipshit

Plus, the insurance company our dealership uses won't underwrite our policy unless a salesperson accompanies the customer on the test drive.

>salesman wont let me vape on the test drive

oh shit, it's LPG!

>be me at 16
>only have learners permit and shitty moped
>want to drive a car for a change
>go to local used car dealer
>see first gen crv
>why the hell not
>old guy comes out
>"hey kid want to drive it"
>"i do"
>hands keys and says be back within the hour
>did not check my permit
>illegal to drive by myself

I was so pleased. I took the crv which was a $9k car at the time on the highway and listened to phil collins for 30 minutes and brought it back. I told him I would be in touch and gave him a bullshit name and number

He needed $9,250 to rice it out and get some stance.

If you don't look or act like the majority of Veeky Forums, you actually do get to test drive the car by yourself. Just did this with a 2016 mustang.

>deal with it