/rog/ - Ragnarok Online General

Helpful links:
irowiki.org/classic/Main_Page
irowiki.org/wiki/Main_Page
ratemyserver.net/
db.irowiki.org/db/
db.irowiki.org/classic/

DankRO aka CloverRO, /rog/'s official server is up!
14/14/100 (0.05% MVP cards)
Pre-Renewal
Infodump pastebin: pastebin.com/5SRQYBnj
Download links and registration info in the pastebin.

/rog/ guilds:
Poporing Slappers 62/64

Pastebin with other servers with /rog/ players:
pastebin.com/2tmrGJ8c

we dedgaem edition
paging devanon edition

Other urls found in this thread:

cloverro.DOT.site.DOT.nfoservers.DOT.com/
herc(DOT)ws/board/tracker/issue-243-left-hand-dmg-with-ice-pick-dmg-is-buged/
rocalc.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

updated link to CloverRO
cloverro.DOT.site.DOT.nfoservers.DOT.com/

Psor, feel free to post Leika macro too

We've found an issue with Assassin damage devanon.

Plus the attack animation for Assassin is wrong too.

Something isn't right about the offhand damage. The third strike was doing sub 100 damage.

how long does it take to delete a character?

Sarah I'm assuming? It won't be gone til maintenance, or you can only do it during maint, or something like that.

someone needs to post the image with the theory about Juperos Crest items and the theory of how that ties into the Ymir Heart and Rekenber Corporation.

Anu where are you!? We need your lore story telling.

Ah found it!

Don't die on me, /rog/. Anyone back at Sarah? I want to play again tomorrow

How many folks are playing in CloveRO?

There's about a dozen regulars.

wth is dankRO cloveRO or what? I know I'm playing on dankRO for sure

dankRO got renamed to cloverRO since dev might have plans to open the server to others

Bump

Hey guys, what changes do you guys think trans WoE needs?
On pre-renewal of course.

Kaizel!!

>inciting actual discussion
>not expecting to be ignored
>not knowing only people left here are "post cute" faggots

oh dog rog is back

Had a look around and all I could find was a bug report from 2009 on Hercules about the damage calculation just working on the right hand damage as opposed to both. With no responses. So it looks like something has been wrong for a long time.

The damage of the right hand seems to be fine though. The numbers in the calculator look off to me.

D;

I still dont get if quad carded weapons are worth it when I already have a set of elemental weapons.

Even with endows they barely compare in sims.
They would only be useful against enemies that have no weakness or weaknesses to elements that arent craftable.

I need more of this, looks fun to read.

Think of it this way;

Quad card: Not quite double damage multiplier, less base atk
(Forged) Elemental weapon: Up to double damage multiplier, more base atk
Quad card endowed weapon: Almost quadruple damage multiplier, less base atk

Elemental weapons beats quad carded ones when fighting enemies that take 200% damage from your property. Less than that and it depends on how much str you have, because the higher multiplier with cards may boost the damage across the high atk you get from the weapon.

But quad card with endow beats both in all cases unless you have close to no strength at all.

What happened to the updates? It's like nothing is moving on this server.

One of those major updates I remembered was removing @go and literally 5 people I invited to play dropped the server.

tire

That damage calculator is 100% correct. It's based off iRO, not sure why you chose Hercules.

Please fix the attacking animation as well.

5 people left because they don't get what's basically free butterfly wings? Are you for real?

As for updates there's not much left to do and I've been busy

Here's my current to-do:

Fixing the faulty hat descriptions
Make a vendor for unavailable pet tames
PVP room

All of which will be done this week

Turn in NPCs too please.

Any plans for eden quests?

>5 people left because they don't get what's basically free butterfly wings? Are you for real?

No, they told me access to dungeon levels that aren't MvP was pretty much limited.

Hercules isn't a server, but the emulator. If something is broken in it, it applies to all servers running on it or the specific revisions with the error. I needed to know if it was an emulator issue (likely beyond my ability to fix) or if it was this server only (fixable and likely just a setting being on or off).

My uneducated guess is that the off hand attack doesn't have a switch for normal and ice pick (piercing) damage formulas on emulators.

As for the calculator being correct, look at the double attack damage and the listed normal damages.

That's not 200%. It's taking something else into account here.

Double of the average listed there would suggests an average double attack doing 3462 damage.

So that double attack in the screenshot seems about right, though towards the minimum, when you disregard the blessing and extra gladius refine in the calculator that isn't true for the shot.

Ah right, those too!

No eden.

Ah okay. There is indeed no dungeon floor select or field select here so I can see someone leaving for that. Though I've no idea why they'd consider a low rate in the first place if so.

any plans for starter kits / ability to buy exp/job manuals from npc's?

>Hercules isn't a server, but the emulator.
What do you suppose it emulates?

greek heroes

>Hercules isn't a server, but the emulator
I'm aware, and why I said I'm not sure why you would choose it over eAthena.

I'm not sure what you're getting at about the calculator, it's using the same info as iRO (eAthena).

The double (technically triple) attack damage in the calc is 4k+ damage, so there's some really big missing damage.

Not to mention, the attack animation is as if only one weapon is equipped and only shows one weapon in hand. Something is completely off.

herc(DOT)ws/board/tracker/issue-243-left-hand-dmg-with-ice-pick-dmg-is-buged/

>it's another "let's choose something besides eA because REASONS and fuck everything up" episode

this tbqh

devfag step it up, stop being a shitter

what happened to the aegis servers people used to run a decade ago?

What's the practical difference between it and eAthena?

The calc being posted in this topic has been deprecated for a while, and is known to have some minor bugs.

Use this instead: rocalc.com/
If the result is the same I guess Hercules does have a problem.

Still missing 700 - 1200 damage

I picked Hercules because a year ago when I wanted to go back to RO and set up a small server for a community I run, eAthena had evolved into rAthena, so I grabbed the latest revision of that, but it was just bananas. Nothing would work right. And it seemed almost abandoned judging by the board.

So I picked this new (to me) project called Hercules this time because it seemed to be getting updates and struck me as what people use nowadays. The topic addressing differences seemed to basically amount to identical with some minor performance differences, and one is being regularly updated.

If people wanted like, the last release of eAthena instead, you should have requested that when I was setting things up. Too late now amigo.

Anyway, the error reports I've found concerning ice pick are for eAthena and reposted on hercules.

Aegis stopped being updated iirc. But people wanted new shiny toys. So eAthena proceeds to dominate forever more until Hercules pops up.

More accurate I think when it came to the minute details or something, back when.

I'll give this a try, thanks.

how r u gon fix?

>i dont read, not even my fucking keyboard because im to much of a fucking retard to know how to type

too*

If an endow is affecting the left hand attack, then Ice Pick damage should be able to be tweaked as well. Good luck devfag.

I think Hercules is more associated with Renewal.
And check that link.
>herc(DOT)ws/board/tracker/issue-243-left-hand-dmg-with-ice-pick-dmg-is-buged/

Alright, confirmed the damage is correct on the main hand / double attack.

But we're missing the ice pick (piercing) effect on the off hand swing.

I'd have to rewrite damage calculations for the left hand. Since I've never even looked at the damage calculation code in eAthena and the rest I've got no clue if it'd be an easy fix to implement, or a hard one.

It's not high priority though, not like the server is full of assassins much less ones who use ice picks on the regular, but I'll give it a good look this weekend.

B U M P
U
M
P