Plz Help / Blew engine on car driving like a faggot

I need a new car ASAP.

Requirements:
1. Must be new
2. Budget = $30k
3. Must be available for purchase now (can't wait on Fiat 124 or GT 86 etc.)
4. Not Miata. I'm a skeletor-tallfag.

I'm not buying used....Have had TONS of bad fucking luck with used cars and just sick of dealing with the lack of maintenance and punishment normie-fags impose on their vehicles.

I'm thinking of getting a brand new Limited Edition 2016 Subaru BRZ meme-mobile (pic related).

What would you do in my position Veeky Forums (keeping in mind the car must be new)?

bumping with delicious asian sluts

vw gti
ecoboost mustang
focus st
subaru wrx

plus, all of them can get a good bit more power with some basic bolt-ons and a tune

>thinks a brz is worth 30k

Get a mustang GT. 32k for a base model.

>hurr durr I'm a dumbass that doesn't know how to pick a good used car

i would buy a high miles c63 for 20k and set 10k aside for repairs

but user, there's nothing wrong with buying a new performance model. you don't want another user's sloppy seconds do you? you know they hooned that shit for a year before they dumped it off.

>toyubaru
>performance model
muh keks

So post your local Craigslist. 30k cash or financing?

MItsubishi Mirage

What's your driving experience like? Do you like smaller nimble cars or bigger ones? Do you like straight line speed or fun in the twisties?

86 twin is a pretty balanced car, but you won't hear much love for it here. Go take one for a test drive and see if it has enough power for you. Some people want more, some people like it stock.

That's a thought

I'm putting $10k down and financing the rest.

And as another user said I'm fucking SICK of other people's hooned-out, poorly maintained dogshit.

Fucking normies man...You're lucky if they change the oil every 15k miles.

Get certified pre owned

>what are maintenance records

Small, nimble cars. For sure.

I would love a new Miata, but I just don't fit...I have to sort of splay my legs out to the sides to work the pedals.

Wow, you really do suck at buying used cars.

Not OP, but it's a hassle to get private parties to even give you the VIN for the car, let alone maintained records of service.

Just buy a wrx for 2k more

not unless the faggot lied on his ad
>hey I need the VIN for a carproof report
>no
Move inw

If you don't need four doors , Def a muscle car

Translation: I'm a lazy fuck.

Test drive an 86/brz to make sure. I'm a shorter manlet so I fit no problem, but you shouldn't have an issue with a 86 twin. Pedal position is pretty good as well so you aren't twisting your legs a weird way to get to the pedals.

Sounds like you're on the right track, just try to drive one to make sure the modest power is something you can live with and the seating position is comfortable (or live with until the warranty is up and you can toss a supercharger on it).

>buying shitty normie cars from lazy owners
but why?

Dude do you know how many people actually have these AND are willing to give them up? Hardly any....

AND the ones that have great records are often "car guys" who beat the ever living fuck out of that car and are dumping it because they know they have a big problem arising.

It's simple...I'm going to buy something new, take care of it, and just keep it for a long ass time. Sure I'm paying a premium but at this point, peace of mind is what I want.

I could, but don't you think they're ugly? I really like cars with two doors too.

you know whats great? 200+ft lb of torque and being able to merge onto the freeway in front of minivans

>spending 25k on an unsatisfying car that you will immediately piss away 5k+ on without any resale
just buy a better car for christ's sake
are you actually retarded? buy a fucking car this is under warranty or just came off of warranty. all the maintenance will be on the carfax/autocheck or a dealer can bring it up for you. dear lord man.

That is exactly what I was thinking...I've already test driven it and love it. Not the fastest, but handles great and it has potential.

Thinking of letting the warranty get used up and then putting a Crawford Supercharger on it and better wheels/tires, and maybe stiffer suspension or sway bars.

get a c6 for half your budget from a old guy that only used it on the weekends and perfectly maintained it.

I'm sure I'll never convince you that there's a difference between being lazy and not wanting to hassle with something.
Which is why I'd want to buy new. Some people don't know to sell shit, and I don't want to waste my time pulling their teeth for information.

Or you can buy a cayman s

That's simply not true. People sell cars for all kinds of reasons. It's not always broken or on its last legs.

So you want to take 5k+ and literally light it on fire? I mean if you feel like it go for it but literally why? There are such better cars out there. Stop buying into the meme.
stop looking at normie cars then. people who buy sports cars (miata and brz and other entry level cars don't count) actually aren't retarded as someone who has 50k to spend on a new car is older and can maintain it.

You can wade through shit to find your 'deal' then mate. You can tell me about how you didn't take a hit on the depreciation and boast about your savings to other bus riders here.

Okay let me explain it this way:

My last car was a Camaro. I bought it with 48k miles on it. All the maintenance records were included. It passed an extensive inspection performed by my own mechanic who owns a highly reputable shop.

Carfax was clean...

Fucking engine blew at 72k miles. They tore off the heads and once they got into the guts they found out the car had been beat to shit by the previous owner and maybe even had NOS on it at some point.

Took a fucking $12k loss on that shitbox.

I'm not a retard. I just don't want to take any more chances with shitty used vehicles. It's a fucking crapshoot no matter how you slice it.

And a lot of the Certified Used are vehicles that came from rental car companies or were owned and beat on by some kid who didn't make his payments and came off auction after 15,000 absolutely brutal miles of hooning and degeneracy.

Or an e92 M3. Or a myriad of other sports cars. OP is just a fag.
Nigga you're a faggot. Enjoy you slowburu, its made for normies like you.

I'm not even the OP, and I don't want an 86 lmao.

Can I ask why you don't like the BRZ? It's a fun car, light, decent gas mileage, and for a couple of grand down the road I can make it a fuckload faster.

I do think the Miata and the Fiat 124 are better cars, I just don't fit.

The Mustang would be cool but that is a much different driving experience.

I think the GTIs are just plain boring and ugly looking. I guess it is personal preference.

I love the Cayman S. I don't think the cost of maintenance and tires on the thing as well as the insurance is something I can quite stomach at my age.

>My last car was a Camaro.
strike one.
let me guess, it wasn't 100% stock either and you bought it from a dealership?
strike two and three.
>CPO
still warrantied. and no rental cars are CPO to the best of my experience. generally only lease returns are.

I've been down this road twice now...Spent months and found two great deals.

Did the inspections / Carfax etc....and STILL got burned with major repairs.

...A lot of people on Veeky Forums are forgetting something: these little rice-boxes are fucking bulletproof. They last forever and make good little tuners for very little money.

Sweet. I'd say jump on one if you can then! I bought mine new for pretty much the same reasons and I love the thing. Might even be able to get a good deal atm since dealers are trying to get rid of the 16s for the 17s.

>Can I ask why you don't like the BRZ
Its slow as fuck. There is no reason for it to be so slow, i mean just look at a dynograph. Its horrible exhaust causes a massive dip in power (no, you can't "tune" it out). The car is also soft suspension wise, with itty bitty brakes. Interior is meh, exterior does look nice minus the fake fender vents. Its a 1990s entry level sports car that is 20 years too late. Buy a real sports car used, Cayman S, M3, etc. The people who buy these cars new take care of them.

Bone stock Camaro AT THE TIME OF THE INSPECTION.

Bought from a private party and was a dude in his late 40's who from all appearances was a normalfag....

As it turns out he was a fucking weekend racer and pawned his beat up shitbox Camaro off on me.

...I only managed to find this out much later after I tracked down his Facebook and saw pictures of him racing the Camaro I had bought.

The other car was just simply bad luck. Tranny fucking blew up even after all of its PM was done properly.

Yeah they are giving them away right now.

No one has mentioned this: but the BRZ only weighs 2700 pounds.

Light cars are just such a different experience to drive. IMHO much more fun.

Sure the BRZ could be a lot faster...But I'll still have fun for three years and then just bolt on a Supercharger. Problem solved. Wider tires and better rubber too.

Literally that is all the car needs. And I know it will be more reliable long term than any of the American competitors.

>Or you can buy a cayman s
not op but that's a thought
anything i should look out for? any year i should skip or whatever?

Rough luck then. Buying a used camaro period is a bad move. Nobody buys those cars to treat them well, they are too cheap and too fast. Something porsche/bmw/mercedes will always be better maintained by a higher class of owner.

Still tho, shit luck. If you are dead set on new buy a mustang or WRX. No reason to cuck yourself with a slow shitbox that has the illusion of speed and handling at such a high price.
>but the BRZ only weighs 2700 pounds.
closer to 2800. and lighter cars are not more fun to drive, try a proper car with proper suspension. you don't even feel the weight. only in shitboxes is the weight (or lack thereof) so evident. mind you I'm saying 3200 and 2800lbs is imperceptible with a proper chassis, not pigfat pony cars.

I'll definitely go test drive those before I make a decision. Thanks for the advice.

You Facebook stalk the guy BEFORE you buy the car.

you know i recommended you cars in this post
but you, nor anybody else said shit

Don't get me wrong the toyubaru isn't a terrible car its just slow as shit and very mediocre in every metric. Most who rave about them have never owned something faster, those that have appreciate them for being a nice little rwd shitbox.

The answer is always Civic

>Requirements:
>1. Must be new
No. that's your first mistake
>2. Budget = $30k
you can get tons of bad ass used cars for that money that would be out of your budget when new

>budget 30k
get yourself a smart fortwo and get a sponsorship to put a tenga egg advertisement wrap on it and then buy me a motorcycle with your leftover money.

>2800lbs

That's not light enough for 160 whp to be fun. And before you say anything, yes, I've driven a BR-Z.

Wow that's pretty shitty. Sorry to hear that, pretty pathetic people are okay with pawning off a car they know is ruined