Post your favorite meme empire

Post your favorite meme empire

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lechites
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Voltaire.png

sweet desert

If you pillage and ocasionally collect tribute from several settled nations, you are an empire appearantly.

their entire history is comedy fucking gold

The Angevin Empire

Everything after the end of the 7th century for the ERE is basically Greeks going WE WUZ CAESARS N SHEEEEEEET

This is my pet fucking hate right here. The Huns literally squatted in a small part of the Pannonian basin and had some tributes around them, that was it. They were a major threat, but historiography has beefed them up several power levels.

>Post your favorite meme empire

Have to choose between Dacia, Bulgaria and Serbia.
Their stories and fates are very similar, might as ell bundle them together.

>dacian empire
lmao where did you find that map?

Bulgaria lasted much longer and had a much bigger cultural influence, including on what would later become Russia. We are the ones who originally spread Cyrillic and Orthodoxy among the Slavs.

The Serbian empire lasted like 30 years or something, while we had two separate periods of ~2 centuries each during which we were a power to be reckoned with.

Roman Empire

WE WAZ

Someone post that bulgarian comic of "WE WERE AN EMIPRE 1000 YEARS AGO". It's polandball

This. Pic related is the territory that the Huns directly controlled under Attila. They used to control the Eastern steppes, but by the time they fought Rome, they already left those. They didn't want to actually build a huge empire (as in: create a buerocracy, build trade routes, station garrisons etc.), they just moved their hordes wherever they felt has the most loot, yet nowdays people seem to think that Attila controlled an empire spannig from Central Asia to Gaul.

Nice b8 m8, Rome was probably the least meme empire in history.

we wuz khangs and sheit

How do you rate British Empire maps then? Or Spanish Empire maps?
The ones that blobbed hard into unexplored and unknown territories without urbanization or even organized settlements.

Realistic maps of these would be just European mainland + a bunch of ports around the world.

That map is kind of shit but Burebista's Dacia was decently sized. It collapsed after his death though, also calling it an empire is a stretch.

t. gypo

>Spread Cyrillic and Orthodoxy
>To Slavs
And you're bragging this?

The greatest extend of your country fits within the greatest extend of Bulgaria, with plenty of space left. And I think Bulgaria is the cut off for relevancy.
Basically Bulgaria is the most relevant of the irrelevant countries. Everything under it is a meme, including it.

>le China empire
what is this 9gag shit

Sinicised nomads ruling over settled muslim silk road cities. Wew

classic /int/ polandball

What is this, Nazi Germany?

>desert with 2 towns in it
>"""state"""

>Byzantine """Empire"""

Polish people like to pretend that they used to own all of Russia and most of the Balkans.
Its sort of like the ancient Finnish empire.

>Damascus
>Aleppo

RIP in peas.

Read what they posted, they're arguing that there's no basis for calling it an 'empire' when the huns never governed or had administrative control over such a large area.

Jesus, imagine being in Constantinopole then. Must have felt apocalyptic

The British and Spanish also never governed or had administrative control over 90% of the savage wild land, desert, tundra and jungle they called their own and paint on maps.

The Byzantines from fucking Constantinople didn't even join the crusade launched to help them out.
They were at peace with, and trading with the Ottomans during this attempt by the west to remove kebap from the Balkans.

No such thing as Dacian Empire

Serbian empire is a meme empire, true.

What's wrong with Bulgaria?

Lechites

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lechites

not "chi" like china, but normal fucking chi. learn to spell you anglofucks

Venetian """"Empire""""

Venice was always a trade republic, what are you talking about?

I'm talking about the meme of Venice being called an empire by historians. Did you just walk into this thread without reading any other posts?

>The Byzantines from fucking Constantinople didn't even join the crusade launched to help them out.

They were occupied fighting tooth and nail in Anatolia m8. Then the (((((Crusaders))))) chimped out and sacked Constantinople anyway.

What are you talking about? They gave them free transportation and gave them logistical support. They were scared that a giant foreign army commanded by dukes and princes might have ambitions on creating their own middle eastern empire on top of stolen Byzantine lands so they gave them help but wouldn't do their fighting for them. In return for the Byzantine aid and strategic advice they were supposed to return Byzantine lands. The crusaders did this at first but eventually stopped and ended up doing exactly what the Byzantines feared they would: set up their own new empire.

You can't walk into this thread, it's not a place

Mean the Crusade of Varna.

>An Anglo-French Empire
>Ruled from England
>By Frenchmen

Truly the memest

I never see Veeky Forums discuss the Hurrian empire of Mitanni but they should

The meemest bit is that if the English won, England would be a French province today.

What kind of pleb internet are you using?

There's not much to say, it was a pretty ephemeral state.

not him but that meme doesn't work when you really wuz kangs n shiet

That is a sweet fucking flag.

are you retarded? not a single historian with a grain of intellectual honesty claims venice was ever an "empire", and believe me because i'm from venice proper and I'd fucking know if somebody had said it.
TL;DR post sources or gtfo venice was a god tier republic

I never said Venice wasn't a Republic, it's just that in the past people like JJ Norwich have referred to the collective holdings of Venetian territory across the Mediterranean as an Empire. It's not too dissimilar from people referring to the US as an unofficial Empire since it also has holdings around the world and acted very Imperialistic at times in its hunger for more territory.

It better be available in Victoria 3, Paradox.

i don't get it