Indian civilizations

Which do you believe was the greatest precolonial Indian Kingdom or Sultanate and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_defecation#Reasons
isid.ac.in/~pu/seminar/dean.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The IVC had actual toilets and sewers, making them several cuts better than even modern Indians.

Ashoka is simply the greatest, H.G. Wells said so- but seriously he ruled by himself almost all of the Indian subcontinent, freedom of religion, etc.

What indian civilization? The majority of India's history is being under the rule of non-indians, being ruled by turks, iranics, brits etc. Pre islam you have non indian identities like the kushans ruling vaste swathes of india, after islam I won't even go into how much muslims raped india. And we all know european rule of india, every european got a piece of india at some point. Ashoka was alright, but his rule is literally we wuz kangz tier long ago.

>The majority of India's history is being under the rule of non-indians
Majority of India's history is that it was like Europe: an area composed of similar yet different cultures.

Non-Indians rarely had control of the whole fucking subcontinent.

vast swathes, usually the north (pakistan), north india and central india were almost always controlled by foreigners

Only rural India has that fucking issue just like every other part of poor rural societies in poor parts of the world.

500 million tho

no, you're thinking of the last 1000 years, india's history spans more than 3000 years

I even said pre islam indians were almost always ruled by foreigners, kushans scythians etc.

those only appeared occasionally and never lasted for long, try again

Except no, not "every poor rural part of the world" has it. In fact, not even all of poor rural INDIA has it.

You know who has it? Hindus. Even in India, Hindus have far higher rates of open defecation than Muslems. They have far higher rates of open defecation than anywhere in Sub-Saharan Africa. India is the only country that has people protesting the use of toilets.

It is very much an artifact of local culture, not a mere side-note of poverty.

north india and central india at various points were ruled by the following: medes/achaemenids/seleucids/parthians/scythians/grecobactrians/suren dynasty/parthians/kushans/sassanids/hepthalites and I'm sure I missed a few, that's pre islam. Post islam I can write a book on how many different entities ruled india.

The fact of the matter is, beyond the indus where indians reside are a people who have for the majority of history, been subservient and ruled by foreigners.

Top civs

>Mauryan
>Gupta
>Marathas
>IVC

British Raj was the most A E S T H E T I C

Lol Do you know how high other entire have open defecation? all over the world inclusing many SSA countries?

India (626 million)
Indonesia (63 million)
Pakistan (40 million)
Ethiopia (38 million)
Nigeria (34 million)
Sudan (19 million)
Nepal (15 million)
China (14 million)
Niger (12 million)
Burkina Faso (9.7 million)
Mozambique (9.5 million)
Cambodia (8.6 million).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_defecation#Reasons

the medes/achaemenids/seleucids(got kicked out immediatly by the maurian empire who then annexed vast swathes of seleucid territory)/parthians/grecobactrians/suren dynasty/sassanids didn't make it past the indus and the indus valley which is funny because you specifically say that "beyond the indus where indians reside are a people who have for the majority of history, been subservient and ruled by foreigners" which shows that you're full of shit, basically since the majority of your empires didn't rule north india and central india.
the fact of the matter is that india beyond the indus valley wasn't particularly susceptible to invasions during the pre-islamic period, definitely not more than the steppes, eastern europe, the middle east and, god forbid, central asia(persia included) merely it was particularly attractive for conquerors because of its wealth.

asshurt indians denying their history of being subservient betas, nothing to see here, the history books prove otherwise

>Literally responding to b8.
You know how DESIGNATED started?

something tells me that you aren't very well versed in indian history beyond a wikipedia search, maybe the fact that you got BTFO'd so hard you can't even make a counterargument and just resort to shitposting.

something tells me you're an indian who is completely asshurt and needs to deflect FACTS with play of words

it's historical fact that indians have been ruled for the most part by foreigners for more than half of their history, get that? Fact.

Let's put that in context.

India 626 million out of 1.1 billion= 56% of the population.

Indonesia 63 million out of 249.9 million=25.2% of the population.

Pakistan: 40 million out of 182 million=21% of the population, and I would point out that Pakistan is the poorer nation.

It is a Hindu problem. It causes literal, observable demographically related health problems in India.

isid.ac.in/~pu/seminar/dean.pdf

If it's "just poverty lol" why does India have over 60% of the open defecators in the worl dwhen it has roughly 17% of the world's population? Why isn't it nearly as prevalent in Sub-Saharan Africa, which is WAY poorer than rural India?

>damage control
just give up you've got absolutely squat to contribute

I don't know do you have any ideas, there has to be a reason, maybe it's too densely populated and large and has too little infrastructure

I would suggest the academic paper that's latitudally analyzed India itself and come to the conclusion that it's primarily a remnant of Hindu cultural practices; as they have higher rates of diseases associated with the practice even than the Indian Muslims who are on average poorer and live further from fresh water; might actually be correct.

it's probably true sure, but how do you root out something like that in such a supermassive country?

Music videos.