Can Anarchism be a viable political ideology?

Can Anarchism be a viable political ideology?

sounds like fun

anarchy will always lead to direct democracy and/or various authoritarian political systems. people need government because the people are stupid.

if you want to see what will probably happen under anarchism and you like video games, play fallout new vegas. it's the most accurate depiction I've seen and the backstory is rather well developed (actual history is present based in previous games and artificial history created for the game).

I don't think bands of rome LARPers would become a significant force in a real life anarchy

>if you want to see what will probably happen under anarchism and you like video games, play fallout new vegas.
Please no

Check Liberia, there was literally guys named General Butt Naked, General Bin Laden, General Mosquito and General Mosquito Spray

that's some mad max shit

Don't forget about Tupac Army

you've clearly never played or read anything about it and are probably just against video games in general. it's one of the most historically intensive video games I've played.
Caesar's Legion started out as a raider tribe that conquered all of the other tribes in Arizona. Their government form is the result of the leader reading lots of Greco-Roman texts before he was captured by the founding tribe and taught them invaluable war tactics.

No.

For the time being it's only possible to apply the principles of anarchy with small groups of people and maximum at a small region.
To apply with millions of people...it would lead to absolute chaos.
The current educational models throught western countries don't teach people how adapt or use logic, it only teaches how to memorize a bunch of stuff.
So no, people aren't ready. The high school mentality perpetuates through adulthood, people simply shut the fuck up more often. There's no respect, there's no sense of unity besides family.
And it's pointless trying to explain some of this concepts to people, it's not their fault, it's just the evironment they grew up in.

>society without private property, hierarchy, currency and markets

Shit would fail in a week.

I'd wager it wouldn't last a day on a larger scale. Overthrowing the government and bringing down Capitalism would only create a massive power vacuum allowing regional warlords and petty dictators to sprout up literally everywhere. It'd be like Mad Max.

i don't think it's fair or reasonable to assume that fallout new vegas adequately represents what anarchist society would end up as though. it's not an intelligent idea to get your opinions regarding ideologies from fiction. we are best suited looking at real world examples.

>anarchist "state"
>immediately gets conquered by neighbours

No. History has proven that anarchistic societies barely function as it is and are pretty much unsustainable for long periods of time. Look at Revolutionary Catalonia. it worked fine for 3 years until leftist sectarianism took hold, as it always does, and infighting began between the CNT, FAI, and POUM. Not to mention they unable to defend themselves from the Nationalists due to the fact that their military was made up of unorganized militias of untrained working class Catalans.

No,
It completely disregards the fact that about every other country in the world will aim to then take over this "newly released" land and claim it and all of its citizenry as their own. It would only take a military to bring down a society that decrees anarchism, because there would be no definite force to fight back. Along with that, there would also be no mention of anyone challenging the invading armies when that time does come. So, in the long run, there is no realistic society that would strive under such a pathetic ideal, like anarchism.

Depends on what you mean by viable. If its ultimate goal is to overthrow a particular government or the whole political system, then it can be successfully put into practice. If your aim is to permanently prevent people from building power structures and organizing society around them, then no.

>Can Anarchism be a viable political ideology?
Absolutely.

Not by people who don't believe in change though.

There is no argument people are not ready for an Anarchist society, we may very well be one day (creation of the singularity could lead to an anarchist society).

It's like saying Man when he lived in a tribal state is ready for a democracy. There are steps a culture has to take in order for political regimes to become viable.

People will eventually get to the state where governance is a hindrance and it will be shed. And our society will evolve into something else.

It's inevitable, so long as we survive long enough to attain it.

>This is what anarkiddies actually believe
Like, if you BELIEVE hard enough, anarchism will be true!

No.
Anarchists usually argue against your picture by fantasizing about some massive group of hardcore anarchists who would battle against anyone who tried to conquer territory for some new government.

>Like, if you BELIEVE hard enough, anarchism will be true!
>this is a logical rebuttal.

Thanks, but no thank you.

>My ideology would work if everyone was willing to go along with it
Not an argument.

My first thought

this looks awesome

>I invented Anarchy
Okay.

>Anarchists are so dumb that they don't understand that "My ideology" does not necessarily mean "The ideology I created"
Amazing.

>I used questionable vocabulary and got angry when people called me out on said vocabulary.
Okay.

>questionable vocabulary
Dude what.
Are you ESL?

>going around in a circle for literally no reason
>I invented Anarchism
Okay.