Oh god I'm fucking retarded

Oh god I'm fucking retarded.
Please don't ask me why but I got locked out of my car and left the keys in the trunk of my car.

I thought it wouldn't be so bad, but the locksmith i called told me it's only $50 to open side windows but that the trunk latch button inside will just disable when the car goes into "theft" mode, so I'm fucked unless I pay like $400 for trunk opening service.

Can anyone confirm if this is true or sounds true or am I getting played?

I drive a 2007 Ford Fusion.

I was thinking of maybe even busting open the window so I don't trigger "theft" mode and popping the trunk.

pic unrelated, sorry
pls help

Other urls found in this thread:

focusfanatics.com/forum/general-car-chat-lounge/205999-locked-my-keys-trunk-lol.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wtf happened to Vanna White?

Can you get into the trunk by folding the back seats down? If so just smash a side window and have it replaced.

no, the rear seats are fucking stupid and don't fold down unless released from the trunk.

I'm out of ideas. I'm struggling to think what they'd do for $400 that would get it open that you couldn't attempt yourself.

can someone try to see if their interior trunk latch actually works if the alarm is on?
it would mean a great deal to an fellow autist.

last time I locked my keys in the car i just called the local police department they opened the door for me with ease and no charge.

the keys are in the trunk though, and there's no easy access.

fuck it I'll just pay the jews.

Call your Ford dealership, and get a new key made.
Just need VIN, Title, and ID.

This is a bit left-field OP, but cut a hole in your trunk lid.

If the cost of buying one off ebay or w/e in the same color is cheaper than $400 you've won.

Why did you leave your car without the keys?
Why did you close the boot without the keys in your hand?
How the fuck did you lock the car without the keys?
Is your car so base-model you don't even have a handle for the boot?

Locksmith fees are a stupidity tax.

you know what, this isn't actually a terrible idea
I'll have to keep this in mind if I ever lock my keys in my car

I want lefty to crush my head like a melon as I eat her ass

what they do is wedge the driver door open a bit stick this metal rod in the door and hit the unlock button (or if the trunk button is visibile enough to hit) on the door this shouldn't trigger the anti theft mode.

Worst fucking idea ever. Dont be a retard OP

Get a new key made at the Ford dealership

neither option is possible, because I'm stuck in a fucking parking garage.

Fucking this.

New key is $80-$100

Use your spare key

You'll have to pay the jew then m8. They charge for convenience.

then take a fucking bus, go home, get your title, take a bus to the local dealership and get the a key made.

or find a friend to give you a ride.

it the best fucking option. no damage to your car, you get a spare key.
even if you spend $100 and half your day riding around, its better than breaking your window, jimmying your locks, or causing other kinds of damage.

How long does making a key take? Dealer closes in two hours and it'll take me at least an hour to get there

2 minutes

if this works user ill fly to wherever you are and suck your dick

If you break either front door windows, you're looking at $200 installed.

call ahead, make sure their service department is open. they tend to close earlier.

and double check what info they need from you

I did that once and just opened my trunk with a crowbar. It wouldn't close back so I nigger rigged it with some rope.

Is there a mechanic nearby? Last time I locked myself out, I called a locksmith and got quoted $100+. Asked a mechanic to help me and I technically didn't even have to pay him. Gave him $10 anyways

This. You're retarded btw op

didn't work btw.
so they said they wanted the original key and for me to bring the car in to make a copy.
there is a high chance i was talking to retards who just don't know what they're doing but I am too much of a pussy to argue.

Where u at, i'll come and pick u up if ur within 30 miles of me.

try another dealership

I have personally made copies of car keys from Honda, Mitsubishi, and Nissan with only VIN, ID, and Title.

Some dealers are more retarded than others.

DO NOT TELL THEM YOU ARE LOCKED OUT! Just ask them to make you a key. Try asking for just the valet key maybe

is the latch for the trunk cable operated or electronic (lel)? If its cable, you're fine stop being a pussy. If its electronic, its likely not hooked up to the security either and still, stop being a fucking pussy.

Try seeing if the hood can be opened from the outside. Disable the battery, get in the car, reconnect battery with doors closed and car unlocked.

Or, if your car has fold down back seats, it shouldn't matter

Smash one of the rear windows senpai

Call Uber, go home, get your spare key, Uber back.

So why did you leave your keys in your trunk?

I'd just cut a hole in it myself. It'll be cheaper to get a new trunk lid.

>I pay like $400 for trunk opening service
He would simply pick the lock to open the trunk if it is an older car. You need to get the key from the dealer without that remote control attached to the key. That makes it cost far less like $50 or less which includes the cost of looking up the secret code in their top secret key book and then setting the chip value in their programmer machine. There is a another key type which is the most basic key. It just opens the side doors in case you lock yourself out.

I don't understand why the locksmith cannot unlatch the rear seats once he is able to enter the car. He's afraid of the car alarm sounding? Or is the latch so hard to disengage?

Bull shit I think. I drive a 2006 fusion and I don't think our cars have security systems unless maybe you got a add on. It just won't start unless you use a chip key, and then it just locks you out from starting the car for a few min.

Just get the door unlocked OP, they unlock it just by pushing the unlock button. Even if there is a mystical "theft" mode, its not impossible to take apart part of the back seat to gain access to the trunk

>Try asking for just the valet key maybe
Valet key doesn't open the trunk

>not keeping a spare duct taped to the underside of your 10 year old junker

You deserve this shame.

This guy locked both his keys in his ford fusion, but gained access to the emergency release wire required by law for people trapped inside a trunk. He says how he opened it by going thru the license plate light.

focusfanatics.com/forum/general-car-chat-lounge/205999-locked-my-keys-trunk-lol.html

OP here I called a locksmith and he ended up poking the trunk latch with his little hook thing and it worked.

Thanks for the help anyway lads.

Not my story, but a case of locked keys in trunk:
""" I've got an interesting story for you.
Back in this little city I used to live in called Nelspruit (in South Africa).....we used to go down to this awesome convenience store who happened to make the best fish and chips in town. It was one of the bad areas in town, so most people didn't spend much time there.

I was there with my mom getting some fish and chips, she managed to lock her keys in the car. This was for a BMW 328i. My parents were business owners in town so most people knew them, they also knew the owner of the fish & chips shop. So my mom went up to the counter (the owner was there) and she told him what happened and asked to use a phone to call my dad. So the guy says, "No need for that, give me a second I'll see what I can do.";....so he goes outside and looks for this little street kid who was about 10 - 12 years old.

So the owner tells this little boy what happened and said that he'll give him 5 bucks if he can get the car open. So the kid says, "Okay."; He whips out a huge keyring of about 50 different keys on it, and he happened to have 5 bmw keys on him. Believe it or not, by the 3rd BMW key he tried, the door unlocked!!!!!!

How scary is that? """

Noice. How much? Crisis averted!

Another story of someone's locked keys:

When I was in high school, I worked in a bakery in the shitty part of town. A customer who's never been to Newburgh before (who was obviously in a hurry) pulls into a parking space so quickly, he hops his car onto the sidewalk, knocking his bumper out of whack in the process.

He runs into the store and announces that he's in a hurry and that he needs some rolls or something... So the chick behind the counter helps him out and gets his junk fast. He runs outside and goes to open his door. Even with the store door closed you can hear him yell "SHIT"!

He slowly comes back inside and asks if he can use the phone to call the police... So the police show up eventually and ask him what the problem is. He asks the cop if he has a slim jim to open up his door. The cop said that he couldn't help him, because it was illegal for him to "break into a car". Anyway, the cop tells the guy that he might have an idea. He sees a young guy walking down the street. Must have been in his early twenties.

The cop waves for him to come over and then asks the kid, "this guy locked his keys in the car. You think you can help him out?"

The guy says "sure thing bro. Gimme a sec."
The guy whips out a long metal tool he had stashed in his pants somewhere!! Three seconds later, the door is open.

The customer, who is now happy again, thanks the guy and the cop. But then he asks the cop how he knew that that stranger could open his door. The cop just replied "Welcome to Newburgh"

cops do it for freee

not if its a lever, or if the trunk was never locked from the inside.