Name a country with a more interesting history than the United States in the last 300 years

Name a country with a more interesting history than the United States in the last 300 years.

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/his/thread/283168/#q283205
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

france, japan, russia, the german region (hre, prussia, germany, etc)

Ecuador
Cuba

Germany, France, UK, China, Japan, Spain, Turkey, Russia

United Kingdom

France
Monarchy > First republic > First empire
> Monarchy >Second French republic > Second French empire > Occupiation, Vichy regime and Free France > Fourth regime >
And now of late they are having monthly terror attacks too.

Britain, Germany, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Denmark, All of south america, Canada, Iceland, India, Pakistan

People from the USA really think the civil war was the greatest tragedy to ever occur, don't they?

No?

Russia

for all of Russia's fault, I have to admit when they achieved something, it was a massive feat, from crippling Napoleon's army, capturing Berlin, spreading an ideology to cover 50% of the world in 40 years and sending man into space.

When Russians get shit done, it's world-defining in its scale.

>Prussia
>Japan
>Russian Empire
>Soviet Union
>China
>Turkey
>Finland
>Nazi Germany
>Poland
>Rhodesia

Argentine, Our Fucking Civil War lasted 70 Fucking Years.

It was a boring civil war though.

England

The USA is just a footnote in their history.

You would really consider these all to be more interesting than American history?

Can you list some things you find more interesting in the last 300 years than the last 300 years of the USA?

Well, not saying they are more interesting, but if you think about it the USA's history is mostly just defeating some native Americans that were doomed from the start, beating the conferdate states that really had no chance to begin with, participating in two great wars where your enemy has no way of reaching you and then some intriguing while participating in some minor wars around the world.

>30 years of this
>Boring
Yeah, sure.

history isn't just wars m8

I think the way the USA developed into the country it is today (or at least let's say just after WWII) from where it was when it was first "discovered" by Europe. I'm not really talking about wars.

The Industrial Revolution. The Napoleonic War. The Crimean War. The Boer War. Creating the largest empire in the entire history of the world.

Just to name a few.

Is someone implying the US has an interesting history? Of course they were relevant 1945-1989 but that's such a small time frame.

Are you saying the US are not relevant after '89?

That's a bit harsh. They still have some relevance now.

>Germany
>Japan
>Russia
>China
>France
>UK

How the fuck could you think that the USA's history is more interesting than Victorian UK?

US history is dull until WW2.

I guess if you're into social history it's ok, but the lack of kings, battles, knights, gruesome executions, and all the stuff that makes history interesting renders US history boring.

They are the dominant cultural,diplomatic and military power in this world.
Im biased towards eurasian history though, even though the american 50-60s and the cowboy time had some dank moments.

You forgot religious wars, human sacrifieces, cannibalclans and countless statetoppling revolutions which happened in the last 300 years in the darker and brighter parts of the world.

France, Russia, Germany, United Kingdom, Serbia, Japan, Poland, Spain

Because America #1

Russia has the most interesting history.

>all these people forgetting about the Wild, Wild West

I would argue all colonial provinces used to have something similar to the wild west before central authorities grew strong.

If you honestly think that is more fun that the Brit and general European lulz had while colonising Africa then I feel bad for you, son.

I blame not enough history education and too many Western movies.

Literally any country on Earth.

>revolution
>slavery
>civil war
>cowboys
>world war 1 & 2
>cold war

Yawn.

They didn't even join WW1 and WW2 until they had nearly ended.

You're giving them too much credit.

US history isn't terribly exciting, save for the Cold War, but the Cold War affected just about every country, and one could argue that many of their histories are more interesting than America's in the Cold War. This is coming from an Ameritard, not a buttmad yuropoor.

!= USA

easy

Most of the US's history up until the World Wars was just them playing the macro game. Not that US history isn't relevant to global history, but it usually was never as exciting as the stuff happening concurrently in the Old World.

Define interesting...
Russia has a very bloody history with numerous struggles and political/socio-economical influence with its surrounding nations. Can it be interesting?
Yes. But, it is very bloody.

We joined the european war in November of 1942, ww2 was hardly over by that point.

France, Germany, Britain, and that's just for Western countries.

American history is boring as shit.

What about in the last 100 years?

>he doesn't know about the Japanese in Manchuria
It was retro-cyberpunk (dieselpunk?) on a bad opium trip

desuarchive.org/his/thread/283168/#q283205

almost every country

If you said last 100 or 150, then I think the US' position would be better, with Russia probably still beating us. But since you said 300, I think there's lots of more interesting countries, such as France and Britain.

Holy fucking shit it's another "americans show off their delusion of grandeur and ignoranceof world history" thread
Fuck off ameritards, even switzerland' s last 300 years were more interesting that USA's

fuck, I misread and thought it was countries with a LESS interesting history

America is like playing on easy mode, their history is basically a bunch of people winning effortlessly against piss weak opposition. It doesnt make for an interesting story

Sixth republic now !

>defeat the biggest army in the world at that point
>easy mode

>defeat the biggest army in the world at that point
I'm not sure who you are referring to here, it cant be the British because they were literally outnumbered by the colonial army on land

The Britts have never been famous for their military might at land past their French rule m8.

I dunno the BEF at the start of ww1 was probably the best fighting force on the planet

Wouldn't really call it mighty though.

Fair point. They certainly couldnt have conquered anything civilized with it

no not really.

she give a birth a really rare baby