Viking Women

We're Viking women front line warriors like the men, or simply defenders of the home and hearth?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Völva
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>wehavethistheadeveryday.jpeg

Everything you've ever heard about viking women is a meme.

Then what is the truth?

there is no such thing as "a viking woman"

*Everything you've heard about vikings is a meme

Vikings produced asexually?

They farmed and raised children. Sometimes people told fantasy stories about them doing manly things.

Some viking women were fighting alongside men
They were called "skjoldmoy", shieldmaiden in english
There's a story of one of these shieldmaidens travelling to iceland on a ship with a dozen men and women
According to the story she was huge, like brienne of tarth(?) Huge
She killed all the women and some of the men out of jealousy because the men preferred the other women

Source: My father works at a viking museum

Vikings were the raiders is what he means. You're asking about Scandinavians is what I guess his meaning is.

no. they fucked their wives at home while they weren't out vikinging.

Since when do vikings have "front line warriors" at all?

Mememyths

Source: my dad could beat up your dad

It's not a myth actually
Sure enough vikings weren't as badass at people like to believe but this board sure did shit all over them

Who were the roughest and toughest people if not the Vikings? They already were healthier and stood a foot taller than others.

The Zulu? The Samurai? The Spartans?

It was the Mongols, actually. And not the soft Mongols from China, I mean the Wolves of the Steppe.

> Mongols
> from China

all the raping made disgusting halfbreed mongols with some chink blood

Fighting Norse women during the Viking ages belong to the realm of mythology. If they had fought as mainline warriors, medieval chronologists would have recorded that. What we do know is that some larger Viking hosts (like the one that besieged Paris) included the warrior's wives, but they didn't fulfil any combat roles.

Your average Viking raid/fishing party didn't include any women, but it is assumed that the women of the free farmers that went out to sea were responsible for running the household. They were therefore in charge of all the farmhands and slaves and wielded some authority. We also know that they commissioned runestones for their killed husbands.

VIKING IS NOT A FUCKING A ETHNICITY

AND STOP POSTING ANYTHING FROM THAT SHITTY SHOW

Weebs really don't have a lot of room to complain about other people's shows being stupid.

>weeb
What does it even mean at this point?

But you have to admit, Scandinavian people were black people though whitey, but you are too much of a Nordic-pride fag to realize that history has been white labeled.

Everything about vikings is false, vikings were shit tier warriors and they lived like africans

They were fucking witches.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Völva

>the duties of the mistresses were not limited to serving mead to visiting guests, but they were also expected to take part in warfare by manipulating weaving tools magically when their spouses were out in battle.[9] Scholars no longer believe that these women waited passively at home, and there is evidence for their magic activities both in archaeological finds and in Old Norse sources, such as the Darraðarljóð.

So they were pretty much like the early Romans

You know even some middle eastern cultures have better attested showings of STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMEN then Nordics do? Only thing I know for certain is that there maybe SOME proof of Shield Maidens used by Vikings but they were rare.

According to what I have read in the Iceland Sagas written just 200-300 years after the "Viking Age" women never participated in combat but were able to maintain a "head of the home" figure if they had children but her husband had died and she refused to remarry. In short she could marry away her children and order around the servants of the household but that's pretty much it.

they carried spears and sheilds. They could not have fought considering they wete 12-15 year old girls