Is falling love something that was created in the 19th century

Is falling love something that was created in the 19th century.
I've been looking at the 3 types of love the Greek's came up with and "falling in love' seems to not fall to any of them.

Is falling in love merely people mislabeling sexual attraction or is it a true force that the ancients did not feel.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus_figurines
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

We've recorded hormonal/neurochemical irregularities over a period of 6ish months that correlate kinda heavily with the whole concept of "falling in love"

Not to be all muh chemicals about it, it does the exact opposite of delegitimize love and romance as a concept.

The notion of falling in love with a woman, loving the woman you're married to, etc. is a creation of the Christian establishment in an attempt to better the lives of the women of antiquity. Women were seen as subhuman breeding machines only good for making male heirs. The men thought of them as less intelligent, unable to understand such concepts as love, honor, or friendship, and they looked for those things exclusively in other men. Homosexuality was so rampant in Antiquity because the men hated women that much.

And then comes Christianity, the religion of women as the Romans called it, seeking to rectify the situation. Early Christians sought to help these poor women in their suffering, just as Jesus would have instructed them to do, but their work was not enough, and so they initiated a centuries long effort to change the entire culture of all the peoples of Europe and Asia, culminating in the Middle Ages with chivalry and the vilification of homosexual relations to make sure things could never regress to the way they were. And this is why we "love" as we do today.

This is a very interesting concept that I've never even considered before... People didn't realise there are different types of working ethics etc until the last fifty or so years either but it makes sense people didn't realise this concept till more recently.

My guess is through history love was achieved after marriage where the pair would develop feelings for each other. There was probably no time nor opportunity to have occasion to fall in love until more recent times especially after people stopped arranged marriage type stuff.

>is a creation of the Christian establishment in an attempt to better the lives of the women of antiquity.
What? Are you actually retarded?

Have you read ANYTHING of antiquity, and I don't mean describing antiquity.

I mean anything like pic related.

don quixote
inferno
journey to the west

Hell fucking anything? God dammit even Greek myth has ideas of fucking love in it.

"love before marriage" was an invention of bored upper middle class victorians

>what is courtly love?

>milady don't pain me

That's fine and all but this book came out CENTURIES after Christianity

This.

But in addition, the part about men in Greece thinking women were some kind of lesser beings which should be used just for reproduction is equally retarded.

I mean, the Greeks had fucking prostitutes with whom they discussed philosophy and shit.

>That's fine and all but this book came out CENTURIES after Christianity
Kek. So you know when these stories where created? Please, enlighten me.

>Islamic stories are influenced by Christian/Catholic ideas of love
Kay'.

>But in addition, the part about men in Greece thinking women were some kind of lesser beings which should be used just for reproduction is equally retarded.
I was moreso meaning men loved other men. But used women to reproduce.

Well if it's Islamic then it's going to come after Christian.
You just contradicted yourself Smh

>Well if it's Islamic then it's going to come after Christian.
And? Christianity is not the first religion. From what you are saying everything in Christianity is wrong because it's not first.

>inb4 I was just pretending to be retarded
can't wait.

I said

>That's fine and all but this book came out CENTURIES after Christianity

You said this

>Kek. So you know when these stories where created? Please, enlighten me.

and so therefore I replied

>Well if it's Islamic then it's going to come after Christian.

What you said doesn't cancel out my point, but it did reinforce it dummy.

And now you said that

>And? Christianity is not the first religion. From what you are saying everything in Christianity is wrong because it's not first.

I wasn't insinuating that but ok muslim boi

>>Women were seen as subhuman breeding machines only good for making male heirs

Uhh no, the "ancients" as a group did not think this. Certain parts of the greco-roman upper-class thought this.

Oh right, I brought up Christianity being there because someone said Christianity made the modern notions of love and you laughed and said One 1000 and 1 Nights was antiquity which therefore made that point false but i proved to wrong because first of all that book was created after christianity and christianity and islam have somewhat similar religions and muslims know about the word of christianity hence why the knew the notions of love in that book

>I wasn't insinuating that but ok muslim boi
If that's true then what the fuck are you saying? What point does saying ti came after Christiany have if you arent insinuating they aren't influencing each other or at least ones influencing the other? What's your point?

I shall enlighten you. THE BOOK was published during the Islamic golden age. The book, though, is a collection of stories which we have no clue where or when they came from.

That's why I said
>Kek. So you know when these stories where created? Please, enlighten me.

You are actually ignorant in one of the greatest literary works our species has, and you are attempting to argue. Good shit, generic Veeky Forums poster.

>I shall enlighten you. THE BOOK was published during the Islamic golden age. The book, though, is a collection of stories which we have no clue where or when they came from.

bruh!!! you just SAID it was islamic right here

>Islamic stories are influenced by Christian/Catholic ideas of love

you just reinforced my point thanks :^)

>What point does saying ti came after Christiany

Wtf is Christiany? Damn Muslims are the biggest shitposters of all

>>This thread.

You know, if most of the abrahamic monotheists were banned from this site the quality of discourse would improve slightly.

2/10.

Try harder next time.

ok only if the indian poo in the loos like you get banned

im serious. but if you're actually a muslim boy, you sound pretty qt. looking for a gf?

>im serious
Then I pity you.

Catch'ya.

Please. Come back you beautiful Muslim force of nature ;_;

Why are Muslim men so cruel-hearted by nature?

>latching onto a false projection
Truly hilarious. ya'know I post multiple religious works. Funny how you latched onto an Islamic work.

Keep going.

I'm trying to be nice but you're making fun of me, why?

I still think you are possibly a qt Salafist boy living in Egypt :3

>he is actually still going
I wonder how many more you have.

>he

I'm a female

>he's still going
wowzors.

WTF

I disagree. I believe people fell in love through chance and circumstance the same way they do today. It wasn't as common and certainly not as sought after, but I believe it was there.

kek are you dumb or you eat shit with a spoon?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus_figurines

If women were seen as subhuman why did people bother making those statues?

Men have always appreciated T&A and this has nothing to do with "love" in the contemporary sense.

Venus/Aphrodite was a turbo slut fertility goddess.

Not sure if /pol/ or /robot/ or both.

>Is falling love something that was created in the 19th century.
Yeah right, nevermind Catullus or all the other love poets of antiquity. Love is definitely a recent invention.

There's only one type of love. You don't waste it on women who are nothing but wombs with breasts and whose purpose is to serve man by providing and feeding his offspring.

Pothos is exactly that type of desire.

So much idiocy ITT.

Google "Helen of Troy", then "Odysseus and Penelope", then come back and tell us the Greeks didn't understand teh concept of falling in love