All right guys just hear me out. I know this is going to sound insane, But what if we made the spears longer?

All right guys just hear me out. I know this is going to sound insane, But what if we made the spears longer?

Less control, more force.

God fucking damn it Philip stop with your bohemian pike shit, it will never catch on.

how long can you make a spear before it stops working, anyway

overcompensating again phil?

40 kilometers

Meant to reply to

>he doesn't know there were people who made their spears longer before Phillip
>he doesn't know about Iphicrates
>he is ignorant but tries to meme
laughtingwenches.tif

Depends on the tensile strength of the wood you're using. Usually around 14-18 feet.

You'd probably make it too heavy and ineffective first. The Macedonians were already at the point that they had to make shields that hung from their neck/shoulder so they could use both hands with their spears.

Not sure about Iphicrates's shields.

8ft tends to be the size of one handed, but two handed can be upwards of 20 ft

What if we mounted the spears on rolling carts?

Way ahead of you.

t. Athens.

That spear is obviously way too long. Our ancestors that fought at Marathon would never have defeated the Persians with such flimsy spears.

It'll never work you hack.

t.Demosthenes

>spears
>mfw i see a thread full of plebs

>chariots
>your army unit is obliterated by non-flat terrain
lmao you can keep to your deserts, while the real empires conquer the rest of the world

All right guys just hear me out. I know this is going to sound insane, But what if we placed more hoplites on the flanks of our formation and left our center paper thin?

>implying i can't flaten the terrain with slaves
Thanks for confirming my suspicion you dirty savage

You have many slaves, but few warriors. It won't be long before they fear my spears more than your whips.

Oh yeah? And what else, tell your soldiers to run 1500 meters in full armor? Fuck off, dumbass.

Hey guys, hear me out. What if we stack up our best troops and throw them at the Spartans best troops. Yes I realise this will leave our weaker troops exposed. No I havent been drinking

Yo what if we painted people like people instead of like paintings

Nah I'm good I think Annibale wanted to hit it though

Hey, Persia here, we're just gonna borrow that concept and add them with horsies, thanks.