I study History at a top University and the content on this board resembles nothing of the History curriculum

I study History at a top University and the content on this board resembles nothing of the History curriculum

Why is that?

Other urls found in this thread:

timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2016/world-ranking#!/page/0/length/25/sort_by/rank_label/sort_order/asc/cols/rank_only
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because this isn't a university????
Also just say where you study at mate.
It helps when you elaborate how you learn it at your "top" university.

Stanford

It's filled with sour grapes people who didn't get accepted to uni because cultural bluepilled marxist sjw professor in ivory towering dildos conspiracy

Because we don't care about retarded concepts like white privilege

>american ''''''''''''''''''''university''''''''''''''''''''

>
timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2016/world-ranking#!/page/0/length/25/sort_by/rank_label/sort_order/asc/cols/rank_only
(You)

> the content on this board resembles nothing of the History curriculum

Say some exemples.

/pol/.

Because this is the internet

Any high school faggot who happens to like history can post here

Also note the title, History AND Humanities

What is in your curriculum?

>Stanford

I bet you're here in Australia studying at Supertafe you povo cunt

Looking at the pic this seems like a troll thread, however, if its not then It is interesting to me that you would even ask such a rediculeous question.
University prepares you to be a potential researcher in the field. Someone producing serious historical content by writing articles or books.
Veeky Forums as a medium ofcommunication is very different from a university.
The history for proffesional historians and the shitrory for non historians is different

I would add that Veeky Forums doesnt not have a goal. It is in no way an instrumental activity, flinging you towards some goal. It is anonymous and public and thus less constrained.
On the other hand it is no way support academic discussion or at least semi academic discussions.
sourcing is not facilitated and discussions end very quick.
I would love to have a place that uses modern virtual technology in a way that promotes the most nuanced discussions through its structure while still remaining anonymous and detached from any possible personal goals.

this is a fanfiction board

in a sense all history is fanfiction, though academic history certainly tries to approximate true events where possible

this is essentially a place for people to act out their identity in some small way to reinforce their place in what they perceive as history

Do you seriously think all the people here are history students or have history degrees?

Many of them openly attack the historical method

>this is what I do
>therefore, it is what everyone does

Dont see your point. The vast majority of worthwhile history research is done by people with history degrees. Followed by a few journalists and really really good private researchers

Oy vey not enough African, Asian and queer history?

Like what? "Taxi driving for beginners"?

You're thinking of /int/.
I'm not gonna say that doesn't sometimes happen here but /int/ is entirely made up of that, and learning how to talk about not having a gf in other languages.

>studying at a literal meme-versitys that rewrites history to their liking
Enjoy your minimum wage job and Bernie ballot.

>study History at a (((top university)))

>Why is that?
'Humanities'

You spelled ridiculous ridiculously. That's some irony.