Which would you have?

Which would you have?

>911 Carrera S
>Corvette C7 Stingray

Other urls found in this thread:

wikicars.org/en/Porsche_996
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Already made that choice. Didn't even need the S to sway my decision.

Nissan GT fucking R

911 if it's the pre-facelift model with the NA engine, otherwise I'll take the Corvette.

Does the rear window on the 991 still open?

That's literally only a feature in the 996 targa, which is rare as fuck

>buying the Targa
>ever

Targa is rad

What's the matter, do you hate sunlight?

Good to know that the only 911 I'll ever buy is a 996 Targa then.

>putting glass where there should be aluminium, adding 300 lbs in the process, is rad
No, I just don't think it belongs on a 911. Buy some random "durr we iz zo advansed" Peugeot or Citroën if you want a glass roof.

I prefer convertibles either way. inb4
>muh torsional rigidity
>muh handling limit
>muh weight
unless you drive a hardtop and the open top version together, you can't tell the difference.

I agree with you.
The "do you hate sunlight" argument the other user used doesn't really work imo since you should get a convertible if you want sun.

I have no quibbles with the convertible 911, it's actually lighter than the Targa as well by like 100 lbs.

I like the targa just because of the looks, but in reality it is just a large sunroof these days.

Fuck yourself because that's not in the option I told.

154 lbs actually. And if I wanted a hurr racekur I'd buy a Cayman anyway. The 911 is a tourer.

Why open it when you have a frunk?

993 also

these things are so capable that knocking 10% off makes no difference away from the track

because then you have two storage areas

Because the rear seats fold down and create considerable cargo space in 911s.

Looked at figures for Manual 4S, Targa weighs 3430 lbs, coupe weighs 3172, so 258.

Fine, not quite 300, but still.

I've never driven one, but I'm pretty sure adding between 250 and 300 lbs on the part of the car that is furthest off the ground is noticeable.

911 is much better as a pure sports car than the cayman

Cayman GT-S
I love the new caymans for some reason

Maybe you were looking at 991 figures where the targa mechanism is excessively complicated (pic related). I looked up the 996 whose Targa is a glorified sunroof and it's 1415 kg versus 1345 kg.

wikicars.org/en/Porsche_996

911 Carrera S

>glass roof weighs 250lb more than a metal one
wew lad. the reinforcement is mostly in the sills

Ah, my bad, yes.
I was looking at 991 figures.

>Glass roof
>entire targa mechanism
>reinforcements for the targa mechanism

All fairly high up in the car.

I never implied a piece of glass weighed 250 lbs, so go "wew" elsewhere.

Doesn't the Carrera S start around $90k? Why wouldn't you consider a z06?

>250 and 300 lbs on the part of the car that is furthest off the ground is noticeable.
on a scale of 1-10, 1 being completely inaccurate and 10 being completely accurate how do you rate this statement?
I trust you to me kek and wew again lad

Because it's like buying a Cadillac over a Mercedes. Corner cutting mass market luxury, like Corvettes are corner cutting mass market sports cars.

>All fairly high up in the car.

Satisfied?

how are they corner cutting other sports cars?

Corner cutting is an adverb, not a verb. They're mass market sports cars that cut corners.

How do you figure?

Thats what i'm trying to ask, they have a worse interior than other sports cars i'll give you that. But other than the overheating issues that they have fixed, I don't see any other issues with the z06.

>an actual sports car that I can also daily or an ugly, unreliable, plastic american piece of shit

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

It's an american piece of garbage that looks and handles like shit.

The 911. Then sell it. Then buy a stingray and have enough left over for another rental property.

>looks like shit
your opinion, so i guess so
>handles like shit
the stingray is faster on the majority of the laptimes on fastestmemes.com

you are too much of a bitch to handle the torque
you got love handles boy

Cayman GT4

Solid argument. Sorry you don't get them in your third world country.

911, I would never even consider an American car.

It's funny because I'm talking to someone who will face legal prosecution if he so much as imports a foreign car that's younger than 25 years old, let alone drive it.

The plastic fantastic one

>unironically posting fastest lap times

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Burgerclaps, not even once.

how is that even possible? the Corvette has a 50 Horsepower advantage but i know damn well that isn't enough to offset the weight of its apparently plus-sized ass. (nearly 350 lbs more than the porsche)

I expect that kind of outcome with heavier cars offset by AWD.

Also from what I can tell its the same Y-body platform the C6 rode on with minor changes (such as lighter meterials in certain areas). most of the C7s changes were interior/exterior and the engine.

Pffffffff what kind of a question is that?

Would you rather take a nice holiday in the italian alps, with 1001 models sucking your dick or die in a car fire, because your GM shit overheats?

The Comet

the performance numbers are there for the c7, whether you like the car or not

>how is that even possible? the Corvette has a 50 Horsepower advantage but i know damn well that isn't enough to offset the weight of its apparently plus-sized ass. (nearly 350 lbs more than the porsche)
What?
It literally says right on there that the 'Vette has about 10 more horsepower per ton.

Muh nig

I like both so it's a harder choice for me

911 I guess if it's my only car, Corvette if price is a factor

c7

cheaper maintenance if the kinks are ironed out

>literally anyone can edit lap times by signing up
kek, try again.

so why hasnt someone edited them to make the GTR faster?

see
It already is.

Didn't this already get argued in another thread? don't mind me though.

GM fangirls have a hard time accepting that the corvette is slower.

I'm not that guy, but everyone knows the Z06 is faster than the GT-R. Stop being mad about it.

see

That's like a year old, and it's Big Willow. A week later the Z06 lapped it 1:25:00. Sorry man :(

>ignition is on the left side

>actually dumb enough to believe a car could get EXACTLY 125.70 with zero variation on 3 laps in a row

more like your whole picture needs a citation, moron

Vette

WIth the money I saved I would throw a cam, longtubes, straight pipes and do hectic skids all day.

porsche easily, american cars are fucking trash

American cars a shit, so Porsche any day, even though I don't like them either. But at least it can turn a corner and isn't made out of recycled junk.

idk, either one would be a solid choice.

In Scottsdale, AZ, both are pretty common and exist in a weird flux where both are considered exotic but are not actually exotic.

Still, I'd go with the Porsche. If the Corvette looked more like the C7.R on the front end it'd be a different story though.

It's hard to call the C7 solid when it rattles like a cheap Chinese toy. Same build quality too.

Porsche tradition nigga, it's been that way for decades.

>this assmad

>So assmad he forgot to attach his smug amimay girl

>this assmad

>corolla is #1

I'd take the 911 if I had a 50K more.
>more reliable
>more stylish
>more fuel efficient
>more practical
>resale value is top-notch
Corvette just looks like a plastic toy that's about to break in any second. The interior is ass while the 911 has a top-notch well built interior. Also, I'd probably get more looks if I have the 911 because there are more corvette's on road than the 911.

>any year
>picking a shitvette

top fucking kek familia

Camaro ZL1

Carrera and I don't really even like any porsche after the 964

they need to stop trying to compete with supercars and just try to concentrate on selling a cheap sports car with a cheap reliable 400hp engine that gets 30mpg highway

Cayman GT4

Those things around the the headlights makes it look tired, like big eye bags

Id take a base 911 over a top trim Corvette

This is what it should have become, just with the master race pushrod V8 and rear transaxle setup it has.

nigger stole my picture

They already do. The fact that it's faster than Porsche and Ferrari is just an incidental.

hardly a question, anyone who says Corvette is completely retarded.

they aren't reliable and the base model isn't faster than ferraris or porsche tho

ugly vettes please go

>post ugliest vette

you just posted the ugliest gen tho

you mean sexiest

I dont think any of the bench racers here actually realize how small of a difference .6 seconds actually is. With such a small difference like that, the cars preform almost exactly the same on the track.

>post ugliest vette

Not even close. Pic related

>posts the better looking C3

I dont think you know how this works

C4 is the ugliest