Truck / offroad thread

Truck / offroad thread

Here's my shitbox

Here's mine, I like doing donuts in gravel or just the right amount of mud

I had a trailblazer...For two years... Now its in a scrap yard.

Wtf did you do to it? Or was it just a 2002

>Now its in a scrap yard.

To be fair, that's where Trailblazers belong.

Is it worth shelling out for a diesel hilux as opposed to gas? I've wanted a SFA Hilux for a while because my brother's was great (before he put it up a tree and #rekt the front end) and I love the way they look but I could probably buy three or four volvos for the median price of a diesel hilux and ones with gas engines usually cost about half as much.

Just get an old square body dodge,chevy or you get twice the truck for a third of the price

here's my hunk that's too long to actually do anything serious. I wanna build a Montero

But muh fuel economy and muh minitruck

Diesel hilux is slower and less powerful than the petrol version.

My 1979 K5 blazer
427 balanced blue printed
Dana 60 in the rear
Dana 44 in the front
Turbo 400 Trans
203/205 transfercase

Weighs 5980 with an empty tank and nothing in her
Crawls out of everything
Mommy lover her K5 blazer

Muh turbo diesel wd21

can I take a 2WD vatomatic Ford Ranger offroad?
Not bait btw

>wheeling an american vehicle

Just finished putting doors and roof back on for rainy season.

Plus dune flag for +15up
Before:

After:
Also mini spool locker and 5.12 gears in the mail

Old man emu suspension lift next.

With good tires, a rear locker, and a winch yes.

Have fun rolling on that short wheelbase faggot

I wouldn't bother. You can, but in order to do so without becoming bogged involves doing more harm than good to what ever track you may be driving, and your vehicle. You'll find low speed maneuvers impossible unless you're simply driving on an unsealed road.
Or, instead of wasting money on the current 2WD Ranger that'll still remain inferior, sell it, buy a 4x4 and not have to worry about that crap.

>want 4x4 F-250 to carry a cabover camper off road
>all the 4x4 ones have already been lifted 10 feet off the ground and have the dieseldouche tax
There is no car community more cancerous than these fucking diesel bros.

>OME

Good choice, m8.

Have fun with your breakover angle senpai

Just got back from a trip to Siberia, man Land Cruisers of every ilk EVERYWHERE.

LC80s are the most commonly lifted/modified ones, followed by LC105 (owing to solid front axle I suppose). LC100 are mostly left stock, same for LC200s. A ton of Prado 120/150s, likewise mostly stock family vehicles. Rarer were Prado 70s and Prado 90s, and the piece de resistance, a pretty new LC70.

Made me sad coming back to the states and my piddly '96 4Runner.

My deeper than 1ft of snow/summer offroad truck

>2000 explorer AWD

Your turning radius is going to be fucked with that spool man. Why not at least get a ratcheting locker instead? Also, you should already have 5.125 gears standard in your rear diff.

Funny. I've seen two of them for sale here recently for less than 1k. Unmolested work trucks. Of course they are work trucks so they are completely beat to shit with 250k+ miles.