I drive a 2008 Jetta 5 speed manual

I drive a 2008 Jetta 5 speed manual.

How can you do the heel-to-toe technique in this?

Pic related, the gas pedal is at an awkward angle in relation to the brake

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JUVkVB3SUf4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

pro tip: nobody gud does heal toe like in initial dagumi

wat

Toe on the brake, heel near the hinge on the gas pedal.

>Ever needing to heel toe a slow piece of shit like this
It's an economy vehicle bruv

>how non weebs do it correctly

It handles better than the last 4 cars I owned. I can cruise on the highway at 120+ and it still handles smoothly.

It's a 5 cylinder 2.5L so it's not that puny, the mpg isn't even that good. It has surprisingly good acceleration.

Anyway I want to learn the heel to toe technique regardless because it looks fun

Yeah the pedals aren't nearly close enough to do that

Okay I know this is going to sound crazy, but crawl down there and bend the brake pedal until it is close enough.

>not having shoes like this

>bend the brake pedal
Umm. Why not install wider pedals?

Some cars are not meant to be heel toed, just becuase of pedal placement.

you make or buy a heel toe pedal

You can't in most newer non-sport cars. That's just how they do it now. Nobody heel-toes these days.

I feel your pain. I have lost my foot more than once between the pedals of my GM shitbox. You just gotta keep trying positions until you find an angle that works.

VW clearly remembers the Audi 5000 "unintended acceleration" fiasco.

But some fly-by-wire cars won't allow throttle inputs while the brake is activated anyway, so you might not lose anything.

why the fuck would you heel toe its a stupid Veeky Forums meme

Yeah heel to toe is exclusively talked about on Veeky Forums and no one else has heard about it.

Christ how much time do you spend on this board?

cmon guys he needs to shave a second off his lap times in his jetta

under an hour a week

No it isn't you fucking autist. Everyone in the car scene in general knows about it. Fucking cuck.

I just think it looks fun. I delivery drive in a city too so it would actually be pretty useful at times.

I thought my sarcasm was pretty obvious there....

youtube.com/watch?v=JUVkVB3SUf4

git gud nerds

Even if you could do it, which is possible, you won't do it.

If you press the brake ecu cuts off the accelerator, so in reality you can't do it.

If you doubt it, test it. Press the brake and try to accelerate, while moving. iirc, stationary it doesnt work.

No it wouldn't.

if you can't reach with your heel while braking with the ball of your foot you'll need new pedals

Just get a fucking automatic and you don't have to worry about this stupid meme shit

Brake, clutch in, go around corner, downshift, accelerate like a normal fucking person, you aren't driving a race car you are driving a fucking Jetta in a 30mph zone.

except that's not what happens, at all.

Hardly doubt it.

So you go around corners freewheeling, eh?

you can blip the throttle while braking for a heel-toe downshift, even on modern cars. ECU isn't going to stop you from doing it.

>Sudden unintended acceleration
>Definition and background
>In a typical scenario, the incident begins at the moment of shifting to "Drive" or "Reverse" from "Park"

autos ftw

5 cyl jetta?

Am I the only one who heel toes all the time? I don't even do it to be race car tier. Just how else are you supposed to rev match downshift through the gears efficiently if you're not heel toeing?

If your car has synchros (i.e.: any typical passenger car), just let the clutch out gently.

i have the same issue with the same pedal setup in my gen. i just keep my foot straight and use the left edge of my foot for the brake and as much of the right side of my foot as i can to hit the gas. its even easier when i wear my wide ass work boots.

my dad bought a 2016 mazda 3. It does indeed cut off the accelerator. Literally slammed my heel into a locked pedal

Actually I lied. It does stiffen up but if you put enough pressure you'll get it to like 2000rpm