Low Tire pressure light

So I purchased a brand new car and after 4 days the low tire pressure light comes on. I check the tires there is no visible damage. I check the tire pressure and they are all around 40 PSI. They should be 32 PSI....ok. I get back in the car and re-calabrate the stupid TPMS and it resets. One day later the fucking light comes back on. I check the tires again and nothing has changed.

Wtf is wrong with this retarded warning light. Is it coming on because the tires are over inflated? It specially says Low tire pressure on the touch screen. Anyone have similar issues with brand new cars/tires?

it's a brand new car, drive it back to the dealer.

yes it will trip the sensor if its overinflated you stupid fuck put the tires the the RECOMMENDED TIRE PRESSURE SET BY THE FACTORY LIKE YOU ALREADY HAVE SEEN THEN RESET IT it will stay off.

Did you buy a honda?

Check your spare it might have a sensor

yes, it's a honda.

This. Jesus christ OP what the fuck are you doing running 40 fucking PSI in a god damn car tire. Drop it to the placards pressure and the fucking light will go off you idiot.

i can confirm my previous replyi work at honda. we get dumbasses like you with high pressure all the time askinh why their light is on.

in my defense, the screen shouldn't say "Low tire pressure" when they are over-inflated.

>You said yourself it should be 32
>Set it to 40
>Wow why the fuck is the light going off?!

direct your complaint to american honda. im merely a mechanic that deflates the airs in your tires and explains why people like you are retarded

I drive a 2007 Honda and have had the sensors replaced twice after they fail. I've given up now and just drive with the warnings on, checking tire pressure about once a week. May or May not be the same issue you have, it seems somewhat common on Hondas from that time.

did you get them replaced at honda?

If you worked for honda then you would know exactly why his TPMS light when off on his BRAND NEW car. OP if you really bought the car a few days ago then this is why you tpms light went off. Some fucktard (probably like , oh nice reaction images too.) didn't adjust the tire pressure and calibrate the system when doing the pre-delivery inspection. Thats' why the light went off the first time. The second time it went off is because like you said. You just checked the pressures but didn't adjust them and just hit the reset button. For some reason (probably money) Honda decided to go with a stupid outdated method but "monitoring" tire pressures with the speed sensors. GM did this in the late 90's early 00'. It just checks to see if all the wheels spin at around the same speed/rotation, so then it assumes all pressures are good. But for Honda, if it see's that there is no change in rotation after hitting the reset button it'll assume the problem still persists and it'll turn the light back on again. So what you need to do it adjust the pressures to 32psi and reset the light 3 times in a row, then you'll be set

it turned off because he reset the light once while the tire pressure was still at 40 you stupid fuck. it came back on because the pressure didnt change. maybe the PDI tech didnt calibrate it when it was sold thats not my fucking problem sperglord. you literally answered your own fucking argument. fucking kill yourself

Well i let the air out to 32 PSI, reset it, and drove around for awhile without issue. Hopefully it actually does stay off and I dont have to get the sensors looked at. Thanks for the help...

Nice way to repeat everything I just said and prove that you have no idea what your talking about. I was explaining to OP why his light came on the second time. You could literally put the pressures to 70psi and reset the light and the system will think it's ok. Why? Because Honda's shitty indirect tpms system just checks to see if all the wheels spin/rotate the same by wheel speed sensor input. There is no sensor in the wheel to check how much psi is in the tire. Did you just get moved up from a porter to an express lube tech? I think you did.

You should be fine OP. The system fully calibrates when it's driven highway speeds (above 40mph) for about 20min. What honda did you buy?

Civic.

>New honda civic
>Already a problem
>But muh reliability

cool cool. Enjoy it man, they drive real nice. Another small issue that some of the new 16 civics have is with the audio unit. " no BT connection, buttons don't light up/work" if you experience this just take it into the dealer, there's a software update for it. takes about 20-30min
Your preaching to the choir man.

thanks. appreciate the help.

Y'all niggas for real? Im 90% sure that op checked the pressure right after driving and thats why it showed high pressure. Tires must be checked COLD. When driving shit gets hot, air expands. Just check em at the morning.

>Wtf is wrong with this retarded warning light.

Hmm, in my GM car, it displays the individual PSI for each tire on the screen. So rather than just look a the single warning light, bring up the screen that shows the pressure of each tire. If your car doesn't do that, then tell Honda it should since GM did that many years ago. The car will even text me on my phone or send email to any email account I designate with the tire pressures listed and a warning message if I set that feature. I can even use an app to monitor my car's statistics from far away. Doesn't yours have that ability? It's a new Honda after all, not an old GM like mine.

and when someone hacks your car with its public IP, because hardware engineers are retarded when it comes to security, and has your GM disable its breaks when below 10 mph, you may reconsider your moronic stupidity.