Somebody tell me why the Ferrari 599 GTO isn't the best modern Ferrari of the past 15 years

Somebody tell me why the Ferrari 599 GTO isn't the best modern Ferrari of the past 15 years

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BxfwsMwX1QM
youtu.be/PL-Rk8KYeJE
youtu.be/GQ_j2DOEJIg
youtu.be/Me93WeYUYz0
youtu.be/-CXSw6sd7Ws
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It is. It looks like a real car instead of the dumb looking mid engined shit that every company is doing right now.

It is the only Ferrari with class that I would drive around town or to dinner. The long hood and stout rear make it a very handsome vehicle. The proportions are perfect. I'd take one over a 458 Italia any day.

It's certainly one of my favorites. I imagine they'll appreciate like crazy.

So 458= 4.5 veeate
By that logic that's a 5.9 9 cylinder.
WITCHCRAFT I TELL YOU

No. The F12 is.

There's a red one like in the pic in London with genuine from factory delivery miles for £800k, I would buy it over a la Ferrari in a heartbeat

>It is. It looks like a real car instead of the dumb looking mid engined shit that every company is doing right now.

Are you retarded or is this bait?

It's a silly car.
Costs $500k and it can't even outperform vettes/vipers which costs 5x less.
Sorta ugly too, plus huge maintenance fee and horrid reliability.
3/10 kar

>vette
Which is slower than the GTR.

Corvettes and vipers are shit cars, I hate the comparison made, ferraris are on another level, it's the whole car that counts not how fast it can go in a straight line

>Calls it a GTO (Gran Turismo Omologato)
>Doesn't race it.

I don't like 599s or F12s, way too big, too stiff for a GT, too fat for a sports car, pain to work on. 550/575 was perfect.

It's not the best performance value in comparison to other high end cars

but when it comes to all the feels of driving a ferrari, holy shit. Something about that engine with the long pipes makes them sound fantastic right from the factory. A lot of mid engine ferrari owners i meet do exhaust mods but I've never met someone who felt like modding a front engine ferrari exhaust. Not that it doesn't happen, it's just that resonance is awesome.

Is this some new meme? As if the Nismo GTR is a bad car?

I mean the Z06 + Z07 package costs 50-60 grand less than a Nismo.

Is it a popular fad to hate GTR's now?

>amerifat's can't do math
It costs 110k+. That's 40k.

>inb4 starting price
The corvette is already slower, if it didn't have its track packages it would get destroyed even harder.

>implying anyone pays for track packages

Plenty of people pay for track packages you retard. Just look at the Shelby GT350R.

Pretty much every who buys a Z06 and wants to beat a GTR (or at least attempt to and fail), will buy a track package.

They're numb feeling cars. I much prefer to feel every curve and jostle as the suspension works and articulates as it achieves maximum grip. The feel of the wind on a completely aluminum bodied machine powered by a roaring straight six. The squeal of the rubber as you reach maximum G. All of that for the simple price of a $40 bus pass.

How will the GTR compete?

The corvette is faster than the GTR, moron.

No, it isn't, dumb cuck.

>very who buys a Z06 and wants to beat a GTR
So 0 buyers? There is no racing class in the world that includes stock Corvettes and GTRs racing against eachother, and certainly not a flying lap time trial in a factory car. People who want to beat other racers in other cars buy race cars.

Reading comprehension. His argument is nobody buys track packages.

furthermore, no one races stock cars. it's dumb as fuck

If we're comparing modified to modified the corvette gets BTFO every time.

What does that have to do with your post?

>reading comprehension
Ok, let's read it again
>Pretty much every who buys a Z06 and wants to beat a GTR (or at least attempt to and fail), will buy a track package.
Nobody on earth buys a street car to "beat" another street car. People buy track packages because they think they are cool, nothing wrong with that. You seem to think there is some world where people show up with showroom cars and race against eachother. Even if that existed, the single flying lap time on an empty course would not have any relevance as to which one is faster racing in traffic for more than a minute.

BTFO!!!
READING COMPREHENSION!!! I was refuting his point that nobody buys track packages. kys retard

>people don't go to open track days in their street cars and race against other street cars
tripcucks are this retarded roflmao

You were refuting his point by exposing yourself as someone who doesn't know what he is talking about?

>open track days
>race
Want to know how I know you've never been to a track day?

How can an opinion be retarded?

>rich people don't race eachother to beat them
youtu.be/BxfwsMwX1QM
youtu.be/PL-Rk8KYeJE
youtu.be/GQ_j2DOEJIg
youtu.be/Me93WeYUYz0
youtu.be/-CXSw6sd7Ws

Are you done being retarded?

Manufacturer's use mid engines for superior handling.

> people just drive in their own little world at open track days and don't play cat and mouse with other drivers
Want to know how I know you've never been to an open track day

You posted one race, a drag race. Do a track day sometime, then participate in a race, pretty easy to tell what the difference is. Why are you posting about things you know absolutely nothing about? Do you think it's not obvious to people that do?

kek

I didn't look up the head 2 head stats, just the website prices, still 44k is a significant chunk of change.
>If the Corvette didn't have the track package
What? Since the GTR is a Nismo, why wouldn't the Vette have the track package?

>retarded tripcuck literally ignores the video of the gtr racing the porsche
>americans can't read
Read it again, dumbass.

What site is is that from?

GMBTFO.COM

this
the last V12
it's beautiful
it's a GT

bluewaffle.net

I'm a softie for the 360CS myself, but the 599 GTO is also very nice.

Fuck off newfags

That is not a race

>the last V12
What? LaFerrari and GTC4 Lusso (if you want to differentiate it from the FF) came after, all 3 are still being made, the LaF Spider is coming out, V12s aren't going anywhere.

I definitely like the Challenge Stradale more than Scuds and Speciales, they feel the closest to an actual Challenge car and the over the top interior grew on me

t. summerfag
>NO!! IT DOESN'T COUNT!!
BTFO!!!

Cuckphonse grfo this is a Ferrari thread

anyway i personally prefer the f12 (mainly the tdf) because I prefer the sound and if I'm gonna have a flappy paddle gearbox at least let it be snappy

if I were to get a 599 it would be a gtb with a manual for reasons that you have probably heard before

but I do admit it's a good looking car... matter in fact, despite the controversy, I lik like the retro styling of the 599 zagato

Ain't got dat hatch bro

>Post about Ferraris
>Devolves into GTR vs Corvette

I hate this place. The shitposting isn't even funny like it is in /tv/

Fuck you mother and go back to facebook

assmad gm fangirls spotted

>awd only
>only as much horsepower as a 488

Yeah and that matters why. real life isn't about the best track times. Why do they think regular People care about superior handling because of mid engine.

599 gto handles better than most people can exploit.

Vette Vs. GTR hit its peak last year at le mans, after that nothing new has come to the table

>handling doesn't matter
And this is why americans don't set faster laps than their European counterparts.

i own a Nissan

Dang, what happened at Hockenheim?

Im actually the guy asking what site that was from you fucking man child anime fat piece of shit

>only as much horsepower as a 488

Same as it is to the GTO but rather have less oversteer and understeer. Fucking FF and FR fags BTFO'd

assmad gm fangirl spotted

wet

You asked the godly GM shitposter what site it was from, not the lowly disrespected Alphonse.
Get your shitposters straight :^)

>gm fangirls resort to blatantly lying to avoid getting btfo any harder
kek

>GTC4 Lusso
>Ferrari FF

absolute disgust

As far as styling goes , I prefer the 550
>2001

Honestly, the F12 looks kinda like a C6 to me

nice Mansory

This is the best Ferrari ever.
I've driven plenty of them as i'm living near the factory in Italy and i can definitely tell you that this car is the perfect mix of them all.
V12, 4 wheel drive (but trust me, it slides and drifts like a 2wd), has got a decent boot, you can carry your friends with it and you won't look like a total douche while driving it in a normal situation. Plus double-clutch gearbox (a jewel) instead of that clunky single-clutch.
I know it seems like an unpopular opinion but i really think the FF stands out in the Ferrari lineup. GTC4Lusso will be an even better car, i guess.

I've also driven plenty of Ferrari's as i'm looking at them on the internet

I'm not trying to convince you of something, you can trust me or not, it's all up to you.
But let me tell you being this near Maranello really boosts your chances of driving a Ferrari.

Right.

In the same way that living in the East Midlands increased your chances of driving many Rover's.

A-ha, you want me to take a picture with a timestamp?

I've driven it as well, pic related!
It's an absolutely glorious car. It sounds so brilliant, and it's stupidly fast. Also, if you put it in sport mode it actually becomes 2wd up to a certain speed. I only don't like it in red, think it looks better in blue, green or silver.

>the new Porsche© by ferraritard®

>in my opinion eating shit is good for you

I'm and i totally agree with you.

>can rally it in the snow

Are you italian?
"Porte aperte"

No, I test drove one in Maranello.

can't agree anymore on that, I'd take a 575M over a 599 or F12 anyday

Nah mang. This is.
It's probably the most beautiful modern Ferrari.

Yeap yeap.