What is your favorite syncretic religion and why? Or what religions would you combine and be the prophet of?

What is your favorite syncretic religion and why? Or what religions would you combine and be the prophet of?

Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

booksc.org/book/39778476
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Christianity. Interesting and rich mixture. At least up until the middle ages.

I wish I could finish my manifesto on Zen-Gnosticism.

Folk Judaism of Ethiopia though I'm biased and it's been all but erased.

Santeria, Umbanda and Candomble are great. They have become huge elsewhere like Japan, Europe and North America.

Santeria? In Japan?

And what resources can you post to learn more about that Folk Judaism, I'm intrigued.

Greco-Buddhism was cool

Old Russian Dvoyeveriye cults too

Umbanda the off shoot of Candomble, practiced by Japanese returnees in Japan along with the two ayuhasca Afro-indigenous-Catholic Amazonian faiths.

Ethiopian Folk Jewery includes: women centered possession ceremonies, monastic orders, white magic and spellcraft, amulets and charms for protection, monks, etc... IDK read about it pretty neat most of the old people don't talk about it because the stigma by mainstream jewry.

>Santeria? In Japan?
B
R
A
Z
I
L

Just imagine, the Orishas of old Yorubaland rubbing elbows with the Kami

I'm practically certain I saw it mentioned somewhere that Santeria is a great match for traditional Chinese-Korean-Japanese shamanism due to similar practices and syncretist attitudes.

Where was this mentioned!! Where! Find it!

I can't remember apparently.

On the other hand, have a paper that tries to argue Korean Protestantism was syncretized with shamanism:
booksc.org/book/39778476

Manichaeism, for sure

>mixed Buddhism, Nestorianism, Gnosticism, Zoroastrianism, Islam, Christianity, and Judaism
>books written in Syriac
>believed that everyone was made of light particles and to reproduce was to breed them out of the world
>official religion of the Uyghur Empire
>Mani illustrated all of his texts an is still called the greatest painter of all history in Persia
>Called their texts "sutras" in Buddhist areas and Mani "Mani Buddha", or the Buddha of Light
>Lord Krishna eventually came into this
>Existed in China, India, Iran, North Africa, etc.
>Augustine of Hippo was a Manichean
>Had some wacky practice about eating and were called "vegetarian demons"
>Probably didn't really die out until the early 20th century and there's still a Mani-Buddhist temple in China where Mani is venerated as a Buddha with special powers

I'm forgetting a lot and I'll see if I can found some of the crazier quotes but it was literally the wackiest religion of all time

Oh hell yeah brah

Not him, but do you have any idea where the whole "bury your pots and pans in the dirt for three days" thing comes from?

I briefly was a rabbinical student, and I used to get all sorts of questions, and the stuff I always got the most resistance from Jewish laypeople is telling them that no, to re-kosher a cooking vessel after you contaminated it somehow, you either needed to boil it or scour it with fire, and the dirt thing has no actual rabbinical basis.

A Nahuatl-Norse religion would be fucking badass

Is it me or is it a coincidence that Augustine converted around the time Manicheans got persecuted?

Pic related

>their face when

Shit niggas, I remember what I was forgetting

>Their priests "The Elect", couldn't eat anything they cooked themselves
>Eating and digestion was considered holy, because through digestion the "light" was separated from the matter and imbued their forms
>The Elect expelled this light through """""singing"""""
>St. Augustine, "They purify the world through belching"
>mfw sacred toots
>mfw sometimes called "metabolic salvation"

every religion is syncretic and has been built on previous ones

>Zen-Gnosticism

So... Catharism? :^)

i think i'm onto something here

it all began basically when i was researching cannabis's history as an entheogen and learned there are two specific goddesses whose cults were associated with smoking weed as a major part of their rituals

originally, Asherah, the controversial wife of Yahweh, and later on Freyja, the Lady of the Vanir

basically, ancient Germanics were heavily influenced by an influx of the tribes of the "Sea Peoples" aka the Denyon known to the Israelites as the tribe of Dan

there was a matriarchal remnant among the Danites who held the mother goddess in high esteem, she was seen as Our Lady of the East and her archetype is the basis for many major goddesses originating in the Middle East and spreading into Europe

"Freyja/Frijjo/Frau" just translates to "Lady", an epithet of Asherah, Queen of Heaven

from Asherah we get into the Gnostic concept of Sophia through her title as Ruach ha-Qadesh "the Holy Spirit"

Sophia is associated with snakes, which plays into the Orphic Mysteries of Ananke, the story of Sophia and the Demiurge and Ananke and Khronos is nearly identical

the snake is of course, the symbol of the tribe of Dan

interestingly, the Oracle of Delphi, arguably the highest spiritual authority of Hellenic Greece was originally a serpentine cult centered around the Python before it was ritualistically/symbolically slaughtered by the invading Apollonian cult, the Oracle's title still remained "Pythia" however

but yeah, basically, it's Mystery Babylon, Our Lady the Virgin Mary is the current incarnation of this occult figure of a supreme female, the universe was created by a feminine aeon spirit catastrophically reproducing through parthenogenesis and creating the Beast, the lion-faced serpent dragon (representing a tribe of Dan ruled by a royal Judean elite), the Beast is the father of archons, sinister shadows of would-be benevolent aeons

only the Goddess is an origin for pure spiritual light deriving from Bythos in this world

>i think i'm onto something here
stopped reading right there

Hinduism, cuz its still alive and thriving.

How so?

Maybe it has something to do with archetypes?

>hurr durr HURR durr DURR DURR hurr HURR DURR HURR

which group is this? can't read Arabic, but i find it funny how generically evil they look

I'd like to see that, but, instead of Zen, I think some more "colorful" version of Buddhism like Pure Land or Tibetan would be more fitting.

Zen is boring and try-hard edgy.

>it all began basically when i was researching cannabis's history
Stopped right there.

I refuse to read the rantings of a junky retard, this is why I don't go to /x/ (anymore).

Haitian Vodou