Meets List: pad.riseup.net/p/datmeets
/dat/ Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1829299

>Community Links
Cart/o/graphy Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1049739
/dat/ Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DailyAusfagThread/
Dickscord Server: discord.gg/010IDtABv9b2ChJ0v

>Guides & Information
/dat/ External PDF List: pad.riseup.net/p/datpdfs
/dat/ Recommended Cars: my.mixtape.moe/akuicw.jpg (embed) (embed)
/dat/ Recommended Bikes: my.mixtape.moe/mpxqyl.jpg (embed) (embed)
RAA Used Car Checklist: raa.com.au/documents/motoring-buy-a-car-checklist

Previous thread: >user pls Stop already

Other urls found in this thread:

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/osborne/cars-vans-utes/s13-plates-for-sale-no-defect/1115799412
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/murray-bridge/cars-vans-utes/1995-mitsubishi-lancer-coupe-glxi-auto/1115259571
carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3958839
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Where did all the AW11s go? Only one for sale in the entire country

is this where cucks who vote for immigration and muslim mayors post?

or is that the brit thread?

i can't tell you fucks apart.

This is where the south australians come to suck each other cocks and request dick pics

There's two on carsales?
poms are the ones with the muslim mayor of sharia law

2 1 all the same. Theres barely any

Dont you have a wall to build Pedro?

no m8 in south australia they're cold and poor so they burn astras to keep warm

In south Australia they're so poor they cut people up and stick them in abandoned bank vaults for dinner later

Jimmy Is People

got a car in august last year at 104,000km.
car is now at 123,000km.
i drive loads for work. my m8 did 20,000km on his car over 3 years.
i feel like 20,000+km year is too much. replaced timing belt at 104,000km and i need a new one at 184,000 which will likely be in 2-3 years (too soon desu)
>is it wrong to drive a car into the ground?
what parts are likely to go as a car gets older?
i know some but would like to get more input on what's likely to break soon.

I've put 17,000kms on my car since December. I'm wondering if you don't drive enough or if I drive too much.

if you're doing that sort of distance it might be better to just get one of those rant-a-cars or whatever, or make sure your daily is inexpensive, cheap to maintain, and easily repleaceable

i probably drive ~400km a week for work, uni and other stuff.
car parts are cheap,car is easy to work on, so many at wreckers. its euro equivalent of a corolla for sure.

Any SA meet ups coming up?

>are SA meets actually a thing?

the last one was two new guys and jimmy
the one before that was 6 or 7 people but mostly a new gen
no idea when another meet is

1/2 tempted to get a daihatsu charade or something i dont care about and have dad pay rego if i maintain it with my own cash

Can I just walk into a mechanic and ask about an apprenticeship or work experience?, how do they usually go about that sort of shit?

I'm fucking clueless /dat/, help me into job

Make a Sunday arvo meet sometime.

usually you have to walk in and just start giving the head mech a gobbing

Fuck if it gets me job I guess I have to eh

WIll you do an insurance job on my foulcoon? please

m90 just keep adding oil and wait for the external combustion engine conversion to kick in

do it jimmy style and pour oil on the exhaust manifold

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/osborne/cars-vans-utes/s13-plates-for-sale-no-defect/1115799412
who else /dodgy/ valley
also
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/murray-bridge/cars-vans-utes/1995-mitsubishi-lancer-coupe-glxi-auto/1115259571
>perfect for ulehs first car

anyone excited for Forz Horizon 3?

cant wait to race VT SS's against AU XR8's desu

>can you have enough vals
ffs, im buying another one when another comes up cheap

saw a CL for $1000 the other week

I can't wait to hit a pothole at 300 and get fucking demolished every 200m

probs gonna do like gran turismo did, and throw one or two pity cars in there

pic related.

>Using the shit example
GT4 had F6, at least.

Even if they did make them run out of boost at fucking 5,000rpm.

Damn Grimshaw can really clean herself up eh

anyone else notice how fat she's suddenly gotten? she was never attractive or anything but she was a lot thinner not even 2 years ago.

Being a cunt will do that to ya

Shes about 50, childless, barren and unmarried
Basically at that point, cake and valium is on the menu 3 times a day

I'm excited, but purely on the fact that its coming to PC. I have IRL to go fucking drive on Australian Roads. Games should let me do things I can't/won't in reality.

Never owned or driven a Falcodore. Are they any good? Any real difference between the two, or are they basically the same thing?

Between the two what?

Falcons are pretty shitty but parts are abundant so they're easy to repair.

Falcons and Commodores.

There's differences... to be fair, those things that are wrong, fucked up and broken equal out roughly so they're the same type of garbage

I wouldn't recommend either personally. There are none in decent condition since they've been flogged by bogans.

Hmm, okay. Feels like they're the only good option for a RWD ride with lots of space in the boot.

they're the same car with few differences

Do you want a V6 or I6 engine layout? They're both boaty and they both have good highway economy, terrible city economy and come mainly in automatics. People only buy them because they are cheap and so are parts

Yeah, I was concerned about the boatiness. Are they any fun to drive?

I had a statesman, it sucked the fun out of spirited driving. It was heavy and could barely go around a corner, and since it was only a 6 behind all this weight and a slipping transmission, it could barely get out of corners at any speed well. It was the worst car ive ever owned

That being said however, my Valiant is also considered a land barge and it was known as a heavy car but 1500kg is fairly light in todays standards, and i have more fun in that car than anything else

A 1400kg EA-AU Falcon with 160-200 hp can be fun, but its hit and miss whether you can take full potential of the car

Slipping transmission?? Sounds like a fun time.

TAFE lad

it jump out of gear every time you revved past 3k without fail, even if you were doing 110 on the highway and gone to overtake a slow cunt, it would go back into 3rd gear, rev up to around 2.5k, and it would redline until i took my foot off the pedal and it would get back into gear. You couldn't push it past half throttle and it sperged out if you towed with it

couldn't be fucked fixing it and sold it for a 50 buck loss

Of course I could do that, but would that guarantee me a job?

Thank fuck mine isn't slipping that bad, mine just revs it's guts out without really going anywhere

Depends on what your version of fun in the car is.
Comfy long distance cruising?
Touge handling monster?
Burnouts?
Powerslides?
Seats five people plus their shit?

I forgot, room to root easily in.

Comfy enough, sounds good, can turn. Though really I think I just enjoy driving in general I dunno.

How is 75% of that fun beyond poorfags lying to themselves about their 1.2l hatchbacks being fun

5speed manual EA-AU Falcon is good, easy to find and cheapish, would recommend
5speed manual VN-VT Commodore is hard to find, expensive and uncommon, would not recommend

I have a 5 speed manual VY, 6.5k with roadie, 9 months reg and only 126,XXX kms on it. They are still cheap

buying first car

carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3958839

Should be relatively fun if the engine's not loaded with rust right?

y/n

looks hella sick, considering to buy a Xbone S for it
that map though
i really hope not
could be the first time a car i own or a version of it actually makes it into a game

>all those left hand steering cars and exotic//american/euro/rare cars that we don't get here in straya

lel, will all the cars have the straya tax on them too? make progression a fuck tonne longer

also, coming to windows? is it just windows 10 bullshit ?

chrysler or mitsubishi valiant?
wiki page said both companies made same model in aus. confusing. 1-4th gen look cool

Chrrysler of course
For when you want to be a baller on a budget

You'll just have to wait until they're 30 years old before you can take them out of your garage.
It's Win 10 bullshit.

The graphics look pretty underwhelming desu senpai.

Thats the problem with consoles

>Hoon Driving

fucking lose my shit every-time i hear/see this

I'd do a Sunday meet.

Fuck the one thing I regret is buying an auto, are VT-VY etc hard to convert?

Wish we had vettes in this country

These seem like the ultimate cheap go fast sportscars. Not sold on the interior tho.

Saw a C4 ZR-1 for the equivalent of $6000 aud when I was overseas last.

Kill me.

I want a plan of what to upgrade to when my mx5 kicks the bucket, can't seem to find anything that improves on it without detracting from something.

Burgers can't seem to into RHD models of anything
Not that it'd be much of an issue in a weekend kind of car, but for anything else LHD gets pretty fucking annoying

Americans can get their hands on some pretty noice cars dirt cheap, being Australian is suffering sometimes, we get the shitty end of everything

What do you guys think about the cv8 monaros? Are they sporty? Cheapest are like 11k which seems high, but then it's 17k+ for a manual... Not sure if a big lazy v8 is an optimal sports car engine desu, also 1.6 ton

We get more models of cars overall though, burgerlaws keep them from importing very much from overseas unless its got some sort of dispensation to the local industry and usually ends up in a higher tax bracket. Yanks are also poor when it comes to income, so what might be poverty pack here for 30k is actually pretty high end over there.

But yeah, some of their stuff is cool- you can also import fairly much all of it over here though if you got the dollaroos

God it's expensive though. When I see someone in a newish burgercar I always cringe because they could have had something so much faster

Oh heck yeah
Years ago I was going to import a late 60's Camero shell with a shitty 6 in it for a project car, straight body, non-runner, some rust but by the time I figured out the costs for importing, compliance and all the other shit it was going in at around 25k just to get it here.
Fuck it.
>back to Japan grey importing!

>Japan grey importing
Any of you cunts used those brokers who go to the auctions over there?, is that shit pretty legit?

Heard the gooks like to roll back their kms and shit

I did a lot of grey importing I guess.
The brokers are good and will generally find you the right car for the money, (J-spec, Iron Chef) but you will need to check the Shaken to see the last km the car had when it was registered with and what its advertised for.
Like any 2nd hand market, there's dodgy cunts everywhere.

I always used to go on 'car holidays', cheap ticket, crash on a mates couch over there and go looking around for something to stick in a crate and send back home. But the brokers are generally easier if you've not got the time or inclination to go to Japan and figure out the language, auctions and shit. Its a pretty fucking dull country really, countryside outside the cities is nice though

I've put 10,000km on my car since december 2014 lol

>see post on facebook
>some girls brother killed himself by smashing his car into a tree, died instantly
>didn't feel sad, actually felt relieved
>because that's exactly how I'm going to kill myself if it comes to that

no matter how much I want to kill myself, I'll probably always be too much of a bitch to do that lol

I was going to neck myself but I bitched out at the last minute, if it ever comes down to that again I'd like to just go for a hoon and then hit a tree

sounds pretty fucked up but oh well

just jump off a tall building, there is no half and half then

I've had family members try to kill themselves.
I do not pity them.
Most selfish fucking thing to ever do.
I have no fucking pity for them. fucking cowards.

I agree with you that it is pretty selfish, they only reason I haven't killed myself is because it will completely ruin my mum and I just can't do that to her

Other than that, I don't have much of a family anymore and no responsibilities so who gives a fuck if I die or not

Literally me, and probably half of this board

>died instantly
Thats what they say to nake it seem better.

The cunt was half conscious and in alot of pain.

More like half of this website

Redpill me on the Focus XR5T.

do it cunt

Shitloads of fun, you'll be doing a bit of looking to find one in good nick though, they lead hard lives

>only reason I haven't killed myself is because it will completely ruin my mum and I just can't do that to her
that fucken same feel

Do it faggot.

unexpectedly quick

jumped in my friends thinking it was a focus, but the lead footed cunt threw me back in my seat . Good fun

Do the automotive technician apprenticeship through TAFE

Why do I think it'd be a good idea to (if I had the money to piss away) put a RB26 in one of these for the sole purpose of destroying cunts at the lights?

You realise Maximas are FWD, right?

You'd be better off swapping the VQ35DE from a 350Z and using the gearbox from a newer Maxima and then building that up instead.

>ke30 developed lifter tick
>thought fuck, cant drive it until oil is changed
>give it a start and try to source the tick
>only under acceleration it ticks
guys, its a motherfucking exhaust leak between the exhaust flange and midpipe making a hissing ticking sound. At least the engine wasnt killing itself

s chassis australia is not a good source of information

missus has pics related in v6, how to tastfully improve and update.

gonna freshen up suspension, fix the slight panel damage.
anything else?