Where there ever any good matriarchal societies?

Where there ever any good matriarchal societies?

In the matriarchal societies we see today Society is divided into 2 categories
the Queen bee, surronded by her close female relatives and children, and everybody else.
The inner group gets all benefits and the others get the worst jobs.
Can matriarchal societies be fair in any form if you always get stratified gender and relationship to the queen bee?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosuo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Women and eunuchs took over the Ottoman empire and China at various points.

can religions like christianity exist in a matriarchal society? i think it will be artsy but hedonistic af. shakespeare would wet his pants.

>women end up ruling the planet
>they still don't do anything and have men do all the work

Where there ever matriarchal societies?

Nice 7s. But probably not, I only know of one anthropological example. Somewhere on some fuckin island.

you mean the amazons, right? how did that go.

is that woman an adult actress?

No man, that's a Greek myth possibly based on the Scythians. I am talking of a legit island with females in charge.

Wasn't Okinawa a matriarchal society before the Japanese conquered it?

>can religions like christianity exist in a matriarchal society?
Technically yeah.
Eastern Europe has some famous and brutal queens and empresses, and women there have been respected in some positions and roles.
So i can imagine a society that has an ancient, pre-christian matriarchal background could retain such attitudes.

Fun Fact: in feminist studies, there's an inquiry as whether the denial of Mary's Immaculateness within Protestantism alienated women from religious organizations. Whearas in Catholicism, nunneries play a huge role in the organization.

yes
there is a functional one today in China
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosuo

The Immaculate Conception as a dogma was formulated in the early XXI century, you must be mistaking it with the Marian Cult in general

Not matriarchal, but there's evidence that Minoians and Pre-IndoEuropean societies may have been partly Matriarchal

It was dogmatically defined in 1854. Mary's sinlessness has been taught since the Church Fathers

yes, many native american societies were matriarchal. the iroquois confederacy was matriarchal, and they did pretty well. they were the most powerful state in north america at one point before the french and indian war.

The Minoans were believed to be ruled under a matriarchy. It was very prosperous while it lasted.

IIRC the Iroquois had a weird system where the individual tribes were matriarchial, but the confederacy itself was ruled by male hereditary representatives subordinate to the matriarchs.

Are the people in this thread using the word matriarchal when they really mean matrilineal?

Probably.

There's three general lines of power dynamics: patriarchal (often), avuncular (less often) and matriarchal (arguable, very rare, in isolated pockets). Avuncular societies are all matrilineal as far as I remember, though women do generally get more freedom, because marriage is less significant. In a patriarchal society, the father (pater) and husband figures are the heads. In an avuncular society the woman's brother and uncle (avuncul) figures are the heads. Marriage alliances do exist, but bloodlines follow the women so men are less obssessed with limiting woman's mating rights - on the offset they are more involved in the lives of their sisters and their nephews than men in patriarchal societies - women generally can't "break off" from their original families because of marriage.

In the West, both ancestral lines were more respected than, say, China or Japan, where women were thrust into their husband's family retaining relatively few ties to their former one.

Their female clergy was very important, that's about it.

If it was matriarchal they wouldn't have kings and shit, not to mention they completely absorbed Chinese cultural norms long before the Japanese invasion.

Post more images like this.

The Iroquois were matriarchal and matrilineal. Women were the property owners and had the political authority.

Isn't the Amazon region in South America called that because explorers found a matriarchal tribe there?

>The Immaculate Conception as a dogma was formulated in the early XXI century
XXI century? That can't be right.

So you're saying that it was the women who decided to get involved in the american revolutionary war and by doing devastate the whole confederacy? Interesting.

>Where there ever any good matriarchal societies?
There weren't ever any matriarchal societies in the first place, let alone "good" ones.

You would have had to be an idiot not to side with the British.

Matriachal as in women keeping men in submission, no. But there were more equal societies like Crete.

hey, remember that time a woman lead an army

remember?

you might have heard of her, her name was Boadicea

>>>women end up ruling the planet
>>they still don't do anything and have men do all the work
and men are always happy to serve women

>wearing all that shit in tropical Okinawan weather

the natural state is that men love to provide for women and '''''''protect'''''''''' women because men love to think that they are useful, valued, meritorious. It is the men who build this civilization, and they built it only because they cannot be as hedonistic as women. this civilization is a coping mechanism from men to feel valued. And when men do not feel respected, valued, dutiful, serving, inside a hierarchy they get depressed and commit suicide, especially when the lack of acknowledgement comes from women.

Women do not need to build a civilization, because they get men to build a civilization for them. Women do not need to feel respected, to live through their efforts, because they have an easy life (thanks to men who love to dedicate their lives to women) from the onset.

in some protestant churches women can be priests though, so it's a moot point.

Men feel value from being in a position to provide. Women feel value from being provided for.

Women would rather be abused than neglected
Men would rather be neglected than abused

It's a decent stereotype that covers most cases.

That's because heterosexual men are literally cucks.

Shit even to this day Okinawans still have Yuta, which are basically fortune tellers that can only be women.

how did they survive communism?

>when men do not feel respected, valued, dutiful, serving, inside a hierarchy they get depressed and commit suicide
or they form packs and cause havoc, like in a lot if african countries
I'm still waiting for it to happen in the west tbqh

>I'm still waiting for it to happen in the west tbqh

the west will become islamic communism and there's nothing that can be done to stop it

>islamic communism
but then Islam would provide me with a wife and communism with a job right?

more like the members of the party would get all the good women in their personal harems and if you got lucky you'd get an ugly one ot most likely spend your life alone in a gulag

But then I'd get together with the other poor fuckers to roam around an cause havoc

then the KGV makes you disapear

Only ones that never progressed and stayed tribal; which is ironic if you think about it.

still worth it

Most of those were bad times though.

They benefited from communism.

>I'm still waiting for it to happen in the west tbqh
This. We need a polygamous society. That way 2/5s if the men will get their wives, all of the women will share their husbands and the leftover men will form into wandering maennerbunds of warrior-poets who live in the woods, fighting among each other, playing chess, composing artistic works based on our existential fears and innate loneliness and raiding the married cucks for rape and riches until we either die or grow old and strong enough to replace a married man and take over his household and harem, completing the cycle.

>>or they form packs and cause havoc, like in a lot if african countries
yeah but wreaking havoc is not meant for everybody and most abandoned men will not go far in this strategy, precisely because most men will side with women [muh protection of women, muh survival] who will always be in the comfy society

>most men will side with women
Unless snubbed in some way which they will be.

>most men will side with women
nah. Nobody will side with women. The Servile will side with the married men while the driven will join one of my a e s t h e t i c maennerbunds of warrior poets. The servile will be killed frequently in defence of their masters.