chevrolet.com/colorado-small-truck/build-your-own.html
chevrolet.com/silverado-1500-pickup-truck/build-your-own.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Colorado exists.

they are good like machines.

Comes in manual too

You can't afford it.

spending $30k on a midsize pickup is pretty retarded

My cousin had a 2007 or 08 TRD and a mexican hit him totalling it out just a couple of years ago.
His insurance gave him $25k for it which is no where close to what it was worth.

But I can... although it's a large chunk of my savings.
I have a 2005 Camry with 220000 miles on it check engine light and driverside headlight is malfunctioning. Bad wiring, bulbs good.
I don't want to fuck with old cars and I love reliability.
Someone talk some sense into me

That is what its worth for its age and mileage

>25k
>no where close to what it was worth
>brand new is 30

I KNOW WHAT I GOT NO LOWBALLERS

Save some cash and buy a used one.

>large chunk of my savings

You can't afford it.

I was looking at Tacomas and Colorados but they really don't make sense when you can get a Silverayyydo for a couple grand more. Your getting a bigger truck with more features for the same price. I think the fuel savings would be negligible.

You could sell the taco after 4 years for a ridiculous amount if you keep it in shape tho, can't really do that with the Chevy, it's going to be worth dick all after 4 years. I guess the Chevy would be a better lease truck.

taco tax is ridiculous. taco is probably one of the only vehicles I'd advocate buying new.
Or get a tundra

The Ford Ranger might be coming back to the USA next year.

Why? It's an awesome fucking vehicle that will do just about anything you ask of it. I say fucking do it. Do yourself a huge fucking favor though and don't pie out and get the sport. Off road all the way.

>the diesel is $49k

Tacoma is uncomfortable. Seats only go forward and back. Expensive. Colorado/canyon has a super low air dam on the front and looks gay. Interior is waaaayyyy better on those though.

Just get the ranger senpai

Buy a lightly used Tacoma or similar truck and use the thousands you save on upgrades.

It's not American.

>General Motors

Yeah the one they are trying to get me into is a sport 2 wheel 2 door I think I'm going to make sure I get a 4 door off road

Remember when Rangers and Tacomas were cool little minitrucks that had personality, and not some jacked-up aggressive-looking mid-size newshitboxes?

>But I can... although it's a large chunk of my savings.
That means you can't afford it breh

It's called SAVINGS for a reason

I highly doubt you or anyone else saying the dude can't afford it has 30k+ just sitting in savings.

I have 41k actually, but I don't spend a dime that I don't need too.

>sitting in savings
Then you're just as retarded as someone wanting to pay all cash for a new car.
>inb4 it's a 401k

not the 401k, but I do have it invested

its 40k around here lol

>$49k canadabux*

>mfw
Blowing that much on a mid size while not even considering a superior 2015+ f150.

those went from a mini truck to as big as the fucking older Silverado

ive been looking at the 4cyl 4x4, but over $30k CAD for something im gonna bag in the bush is too much

Toyota is doing pretty good financing right now. Long as your credit isn't shit, take advantage. Hopefully you don't have 30k sitting in savings "earning" you a whole 0.3%. If you do, start learning about investments and make that chunk of cash work for you.

>Ford
>Superior ever

Because mid sized trucks shouldn't cost the same as a full size truck.

Greedy automotive companies. (Im all for a company making money but cmon)

>You could sell the taco after 4 years for a ridiculous amount if you keep it in shape tho, can't really do that with the Chevy,

That can be said for any vehicle you pleb. As long as you take care of it, itll hold its value.

when the full size fully loaded are like $70k now the small ones dont seem so bad at $35k lol

But your talking fully loaded. All that coasts extra, im talking about right off the lot base truck.

>Doesn't understand taco tax
I don't understand it either, but it exists... Well I guess it exists because it's a desireable vehicle with a history of desireability. Who the fuck is going out and buying used s-10's or canyons these days? nobody remembers those shitboxes. but a t-100 holds a legacy that has kept it in the offroading enthusiasts eye for a long time, and now that the 4runner is soccer mobile and fj cruiser has a wacky door design the tacoma is one of the best offroading/daily drivers money can buy when it comes to toyota and the entire truck/suv market entirely. Damnit, I want one now ;_;

>suicide doors are wacky
You shut your whore mouth i love my doors. When I want more room for passengers I just take my Tundra.

>fj cruiser has a wacky door design

It does? i always liked the design of the FJ cruiser but there was always something about it that made it seem too big to be a proper off-roader.

Its basically a SUV.

The only reason to buy one is the base 4x4 with the 5 speed stick.

Honestly, I'd rather buy a '13 or '14 regular cab 4x4 Tacoma with the 5 speed.

1.5" wider than a wrangler but the body is more bulky. Still pretty good offroad.

Wat? It is an SUV.

>and pass up the facelifted 6 speed manual TRD version for nearly the same price
No

>As long as you take care of it, itll hold its value
Bull fucking shit, it totally depends on the model and trim.

Why the fuck would you want a manual Tacoma? You really want the feeling of driving a budget fleet vehicle?

>bought an older Tacoma a few years ago
>fucking love it
>joined a forum and everything
>started going off-road

That's kind of how I got into trucks and off-roading. The community is great and there's plenty of aftermarket equipment. I'd recommend it if you plan on doing work to it

Guy who wants the regular cab here.

Yes, actually. I want something that has manual windows and a manual transmission because I like simplicity.

Wait for a year with your camry.
Ford has the fucking 10speed auto tranny out for their 2016 raptors. the Tacoma just got the 6 speed...

Wait for a year for Toyota to scramble and panic and stick a better tranny into the Tacoma, then get it.

Also, it's the 2016, they just changed it, don't buy a 2016.

ALTERNATIVELY. U lease. 0 fks given as ull give it bk.

Also. Price of gas. Tacoma will eat a lot more gas.

Also. Parking. If u live in a big city.

Have you even driven the new 6 speed or are you just talking out of your fat ass as usual?

Not the poster, but fuck manuals. It's cool till u switch to a good auto. Then u realize u were going full pleb.

All my friends went to autos. They still have the "racing car" for manual, but all the DDs r auto.

Made a mistake. Apparently 2017s will have the new tranny.
So maybe Toyota will match them with their own 10speed.

>someone else claiming manual is a hassle
If you're driving an 18 speed in stop and go traffic sure, but a manual isn't difficult at all, especially in a pickup truck. Heartbreaker always has to poke his fat ass around like a know-it-all when half the shit he posts is madeup bullshit. I guess senile old people need to feel at home too.

>It's cool till u switch to a good auto

Whats considered a good auto, I thought this board was all about BURR HURR ONLY MANUALS OR YOUR A PLEB.

do it faggot.

It doesn't have a fully boxed frame mate. Just go mine and was quite disappointed when I found out.

>It's cool till u switch to a good auto.

There is no such thing as a "good auto" in hill country. All of them suck going over mountains.

>manual is a hassle

It is if you're driving an underpowered car with a shit gearbox. Everything else, not so much.

>Whats considered a good auto

TH400 or 4L80e. Everything else is garbage.

Whoa I really dig the Custom Arab Terrorist Sand color on the new Ackbar by Toyota. They really care about their biggest customers the moslim terrorist with this beautiful desert camo paint color

How wide is the bed on them? I'm shopping them too and my only hesitation is being able to fit my YFZ450R in the bed. It's 49 inches wide.

Buy a trailer instead.

It's exception is when it originated as an Isuzu.
>Blowing that much on a mid size while not even considering a 1/2 ton
Not sure who's retarded enough to cross shop when the half ton is in a completely different price bracket.
chevrolet.com/colorado-small-truck/build-your-own.html
chevrolet.com/silverado-1500-pickup-truck/build-your-own.html
>but just get an older one!
gud logic

Truth on the auto in hill country thing. Autos don't have eyes and can't tell when there's a big incline.

>Be me, driving grandpa's Corolla with a 5 speed auto
>Getting on interstate right before a big incline
>Auto trans gets its smukfrog.jpg face on
>"That's a nice hill you got there, user. I better hold onto 4th like a bitch and drop into OD right at the base of the hill"

>short bed

Anything is good enough for a mall crawler.

>those went from a mini truck to as big as the fucking older Silverado
>itt we learn every segment of consumer vehicle has grown to be larger

Did you just wake from a 20 year cryogenic hibernation today?

Old Tundras are the same size of the new Tacoma's.

>What is auto stick?
>What is gear selection lockout?

So... it's actually good?

>Convince me
I mean hey if you want to pay the price of a full size for a mini gutless truck go for it.

>I mean hey if you want to pay the price of a full size for a mini gutless truck go for it.
The only fullsize you're getting for that money is a 2WD 1500 contractor special.

53.4 inches wide at the top. 41.5 between the wheel wells.

OP i was in the dealer about to buy an optioned out 2016 taco. It was just too fucking expensive.

Then I started to look at mid 2000s v8 tundras, really liked those but they're still going for over 10000 for ones with 120k miles.

Now I'm looking at mid 1990s F 150s, I've been finding v8s with 70k miles for like 4-5 grand, and I'm thinking about getting one of those. Yeah not as reliable for longer trips (I have a mid 2000s toyota for a DD) but w/e repairs are cheap.
tl:dr do you want to do truck stuff or do you want something to put your Yeti and Costa stickers on?

Make sure take an extended test drive. I found the seating position to be atrocious and it got really uncomfortable after 45 mins or so.

It just looks like plastic bloated shit. Like a loose shopping cart in any given parking lot would just totally wreck its delicate shit up.

I say this as a life-long taco fan.

Thats the biggest complaint with both this gen and the previous gen. The seats either work for you or they dont. Toyota doesnt seem to give a fuck.

I appear to be one of the lucky ones, i actually find it fairly comfortable.

yeah im just gonna go ahead and equip a little

FOUR WHEELS OF FURY

nah, especially not a double cab.
plus tacos don't have a v8 so in the the trash they automatically goeth.

The taco isnt meant to be a workhorse hauler. If you need a V8, go fullsize.
But honestly, ford's new kraut space magic ecoboost engines are beating out the competition. Hell, you wont even be able to get a raptor with a V8

why would you compare the 2017 raptor 10 speed auto to a regular non TRD tacoma? an equivalent comparison would be 2017 TRD tundra vs 2017 raptor.

what is so important about a v8 in a truck? it's not a fucking racecar, and it will never match up to one. so as long as fucking ecoboost can haul the same, i would love to save some fucking gas here.

Tacoma a shit. They have c rails instead of fully boxed rails like the Hilux.

They look nice but if they're anything like the last gen they're shit. I have a 2014 for a work truck and I hate it. Granted mine is a 2.7 i4, but it's slow as shit, and Toyota has the gall to still use archaic 4 speed autos which doesn't help.

Like it needs to be any heavier

>Superior 2015+ f150
>Superior

Lol. Buy a ram, asshole.

> General Malfunctions

>buying anything made by Fiat Chrysler

>the same size as my Extd Cab Silverado

Fucking why so big??

Save 10k and buy a 3 or 4 year old full size merican v8 and ride eternal

>disregarding a Ford and Toyota
>suggests an FCA product from 2004 with a confused transmission and an anemic iron motor that gulps fuel

1st gen a perfect size

don't choke on that marketing kool-aid son
In the real world of modern and efficient engines turbos don't do a god damn thang to aid fuel consumption on a gas engine, its nothing more than phantom mathematical formula that works on paper but not in the real world. diesel, v8 or nothing.

>but I don't spend a dime that I don't need too

then you should realize you don't need a brand new truck that instantly loses value as soon as you buy it

I want my truck to survive actual work. Not get good MPG on the way to starbucks.

>I want my truck to survive actual work
Like what, exactly? What do you classify as 'actual work' for a fucking 1/4 ton truck?

Hauling heavy loads across farm fields and forest paths. Towing farm equipment, and trailers full of sheep.

Full size trucks are too big unless I clear hundreds of trees. Compact trucks are no longer compact.

I have nearly $200k between various accounts, savings, and on-hand. But since I'm expecting to buy land and build on said land I wouldn't even be able to afford a Tacoma.

The other user was right. It's called savings for a reason. That said, OP can do whatever the fuck he wants with his money. Not like he's going to listen to some trust fund babby NEET on how to manage money anyways.

>Colorado
>Not getting a Canyon
I drive both for work. even though they are the same vehicle, the differences in the Canyon compared to the Colorado are pretty fucking substantial if I were in the market for one.

Sounds like it's your problem to deal with, not truck manufacturers. Clear the shit out or shut the fuck up. 1/4 ton trucks aren't meant to pull heavy loads of farm equipment.

My 2000 S10 v6 works just fine.

Not the guy you're responding to, but while your 1/4 tons may not, our midsize pickups certainly meet that criteria

Congrats, not the point tho

Cool, but the point remains