Was Rhodesia the greatest nation to ever exist in subsaharan Africa?

Was Rhodesia the greatest nation to ever exist in subsaharan Africa?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tBVDdr3wqm4&app=desktop
youtube.com/watch?v=mmwEnfyFTtY
thecasualobserver.co.za/rhodesia-the-great-betrayal/
cnn.com/2006/WORLD/africa/12/19/koinange.zimbabwe/index.html?iref=mpstoryview
theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/22/zimbabwe-to-make-chinese-yuan-legal-currency-after-beijing-cancels-debts
youtube.com/watch?v=T2zvWbrv-CY
youtu.be/r_NXdj3MaFk
youtube.com/watch?v=rOd8znkJHQE
youtu.be/mUoG5nqopjA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes

definitely
youtube.com/watch?v=tBVDdr3wqm4&app=desktop

Yes.

Probably

Fuck no South Africa beat in in every measure and you'd have to be a delusional tard to deny that.

The White area of South Africa had virtually the lowest crime rate in the world at the time

If it had ever gained legitimacy than yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=mmwEnfyFTtY

>btfo by tribesmen commies
Nah

Why does Veeky Forums like Rhodesia so much?

It's blow-ins from /pol/, I doubt anybody actually knows anything about it beyond memes

Actually even though they were outnumbered like 1:10 the selous scouts made the niggers shit themselves in fear, it was only after perfidious albion struck did Mugabe manage to bankrupt and starve his people

Tactically the Rhodies were the ones doing the btfoing but unfortunately strategic advancement became impossible after they became completely isolated internationally.

Spotted the newfag. Rhodesia was a /k/ liebling long before /pol/ existed.

Also interesting read: thecasualobserver.co.za/rhodesia-the-great-betrayal/

I'm pretty sure it's just a Stormfag meme, sprinkled with a few rotten-toothed diaspora who are still salty about getting #btfo. These threads are often little more than a white supremacist circlejerk and a few gun-fetishists who fantasize about putting on short-shorts and legally shooting black people.

>the amount of typos in this article

/thread

ALL THESE NEWFAGS

Apartheid South Africa was much better in everything. Much richer, more self sustainable, larger military, nuclear program, you name it. Rhodesia is comparatively irrelevant.

You forgot the part where niggers starve to death :^)

>Rhodesia: the reality

cnn.com/2006/WORLD/africa/12/19/koinange.zimbabwe/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

I don't get it /k/uck, I thought I addressed the origins of the meme with:
>a few gun-fetishists who fantasize about putting on short-shorts and legally shooting black people

It's more of a shooting communists fetish for me, but whatever.

Yes
Niggers

By communists, do you mean a bunch of unarmed, praying black grandmothers?

No I mean a bunch of ZANU thugs on PCP armed to the teeth with Soviet guns.

ON THE ELEVENTH OF NOVEMBER
AN INDEPENDENT STATE

GOT #BTFO BY THE RACE WE HATE

wait but the meme you posted said that was only a meme and the reality was bbc x loli raep

i just don't know what to believe anymore

The thing about mowing down innocent old ladies was a reference to your average Rhodesiaboo, I should've been more clear.

That's what the communists did though.

so is it fair to say that unless you have a bowlcut youre just a poser?

Daily reminder that Mugabe did nothing wrong.
>"I am still the Hitler of the time, [...] This Hitler has only one objective, justice for his own people, sovereignty for his people, recognition of the independence of his people, and their right to their resources. If that is Hitler, then let me be a Hitler tenfold. Ten times, that is what we stand for.

>niggers calling white people evil nazi racists while simultaneously masturbating to Hitler

Can't make this shit up

>nazi racists

That's literally most Rhodesiaboos, though.

If Trump said this, you'd be sucking his cock all night long.
I don't get this, why is the same type of nationalism acceptable from some people, but not from others? Isn't it logical that blacks want to be as nationalistic as whites?
Why you're triggered every time a race other than whites express their nationalism?

Not really. Actual nazis like Harold Covington got banned and deported from Rhodesia because they hated the Jews.

Meanwhile Mugabe literally, LITERALLY admires Hitler.

No

See, the difference is, we see the results of black nationalism in Zimbabwe

Well in my opinion we saw results of white nationalism in the Third Reich, and before you claim it was a glowing success, let's just remember how that ended.

Yeah the results of German nationalism were so much better ;)

What does Germany have to do with Rhodesia? I mean aside from Mugabe praising Hitler.

Third reich wasn't white nationalist, that's a completely American invention. Third reich was a pan-Germanic empire, they even declared war on many non-German whites.

>muh sovereignty

Yeah, such sovereignty that his troops were completely dependent on Soviet aid and modern Zimbabwe literally became a Chinese bitch.

theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/22/zimbabwe-to-make-chinese-yuan-legal-currency-after-beijing-cancels-debts

Sorry, yhould've used the word "German nationalism". But Mugabe ins't "black nationalist", he's more Zimbabwean nationalist.

The whole "black" and "white" thing seems to be a specific form of cancer that Anglos leave behind.

He's more of a corrupt cunt willing to sell out his fellow black to get more power, like he did to Sithole and others.

Try the Spanish and Portuguese who created the racial cast system

That is true (kind of what Hitler did with Hindenberg or with Rhom and the SA).

Meant for

German nationalism got its country back on its feet, and British and Russian nationalism are what ended the horror of WWII, while Mugabe just starved his own citizens

>IMPERIALISM IS BAD. WE NEED TO GET RID OF AMERICAN / BRITISH IMPERIALISM !!!
>... BY BECOMING IMPERIALIST PUPPETS OF MOSCOW OR BEIJING

Why all commies always this retarded? Or do they truly believe it's only imperialism when western countries do it?

>German nationalism got its country back on its feet
Just to push it back into another unwinnable war.
BUt I guess in a way you're right. Slovenian & Yugoslavian nationalism was the thing that made Yugoslavia and Slovenia one of the few countries in Europe to self-liberate itself.

So I guess nationalism can be a force for good, it just depends if you're an aggressor or a defender.

>German nationalism got its country on it's knees and sucking
FTFY

>black nationalism
I want this Afro-American meme to end 2bh.

>German nationalism got its country back on its feet

German nationalism ironically suicided during the WW2 and killed Germany as a world power for good. Now they can only spread their power economically while in every other way they've been castrated and cucked infinitely.

>rhodesia thread
>the best lefties can do is shit on germany

its a nice feeling lads

Gotta love how they shit on Germany and at the same time praise Mugabe for adoring Hitler, this is some serious doublethink right here.

As the guy who kind of started the whole Germany deiscussion, I'll admit, that while Rhodesia was a racist shithole, it was at least economically stable racist shithole, while Zimbabwe is just a racist shithole.

Also that wasn't a praise, it was more like a shitty bait to trigger rhodesiboos with equating Hitler with Mugabe, but on Mugabe's terms.

Aye doublethink indeed although they would probably call it "mental gymnastics."

It's stupid to assume Rhodieboos are automatically nazi fanboys, even taking into consideration that colonial Rhodesia actually fought against nazi Germany and Ian Smith certainly was no nazi.

I know, I know, I guess I was targeting those stupid /pol/sters that latch to everything that's vaguely white-nationalist, no matter what it actually was or meant.

Only one person in this thread made an ass of themselves and looks stupid. That person is you

Nah not really. I feel I presented my case quite well.

I wrote my polsci dissertation on the transition from Rhodesia to Zimbabwe if you guys have any questions

What you feel and what happened are two different things

>I'm pretty sure it's just a Stormfag meme, sprinkled with a few rotten-toothed diaspora who are still salty about getting #btfo. These threads are often little more than a white supremacist circlejerk and a few gun-fetishists who fantasize about putting on short-shorts and legally shooting black people.

T- white guilt faggot, black fetishist, antifa supp

What was your thesis? And what was your conclusion? And what methodology did you use?

Also was there ever hope of "Rhodesia" becoming a "normal" decolonised state, or did the declaration of independence in the 60's pretty much set it down the course it went?

Nah, not really. I think it was a good discussion and there was some great discussion about the destructive nature of nationalism and how to use it constructively...

>what is /k/

You probably don't even wear short shorts.

Not really you were all over the place

>white nationalism
>bad
I would tell you to kill yoursel, but that's the preferred endgame for you white guilt fags

Both Germany during WWII and current Zimbabwe were based on nationalism, and they both failed miserably. But Nations like Soviet Union, Great Britain and Yugoslavia, who used nationalism as a answer to German nationalistic expansionism were successful in their nationalism.
I'll admit that I don't know how exactly this would apply to Rhodesia/Zimbabwe. Rhodesia declared independence, when the whites didn't want to power share with blacks, which lead into a guerrilla civil war. Once the blacks won (obviously, they were the majority and supported by various foreign states like USSR and China), the power soon coalesced into the figure of black nationalism - Mugabe, who pretty much reversed the racism of Rhodesia, which obviously lead to similar results, just that this time they were based on economy, instead of defeat in war.
What I'm basically getting at is, that for Zimbabwe to be successful, both groups should work together and not against one another, meaning no racism in either way.

Serious question, why do you assume he's white?

While I was typing out my well thought answer this guy came and prove me right.

Because only white guilt faggots give a shit about that, most blacks are pretty laid back and don't

I can think of another nonwhite ethnicity that definitely gives a shit about that and is most definitely posting ITT.

>Ulster

Fuck the pope and the IRA

youtube.com/watch?v=T2zvWbrv-CY

>Jews
>Non-white
At least count Ashkenazi as white or fuck off to /pol/

Go on and "reason" why White nationalism is bad, you suicidal prick

White nationalism is a shitty form of nationalism based on a meme that whites all share the same beliefs and goal.

Sorry Schlomo you're not invited to the club.

youtu.be/r_NXdj3MaFk

m8 really now

You are 100x better off being a nationalist for you nation or state/province because you can get better results off that.

But Jews are better than lots of "whites"
Jews>Spanish>Slavs>Italians>>Irish

White nationalism only makes sense in America where all Europeans mingled into a monolithic "white" group. But it doesn't make any sense whatsoever in Europe.

youtube.com/watch?v=rOd8znkJHQE

IT'S POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD

Oh, but black nationalism or Zionism is somehow okay?

you leftypol faggots are such hypocrites

Oy vey you tell 'em Morty!

Pretty much this:
Have you ever been to Europe? EU kind of works, because it's built on accepting multiculturalism, but if you'd want to join the EU states based on nationalism, it just wouldn't work, as they would devolve into various territorial wars the second they'd go nationalist.

>can't help himself but divide & conquer even when pretending to be white

jej

youtu.be/mUoG5nqopjA

>didn't even have a country until after WW2

That's a pretty shitty resume if you ask me.

>Nation-states are the most important thing in the world

Maybe go by Nobel Prizes? ( Except peace prize of course since Malala and Obama didn't deserve one)

So, meme master, are you...

>Stormfag
>rotten-toothed diaspora who are still salty about getting #btfo
>gun-fetishists who fantasize about putting on short-shorts and legally shooting black people

Even then whites there have no unity across state and class.
The mid and upper class abuse and manipulate the poor and are willing to destroy the systems to help reduce poverty to get an extra buck and classism is often a hidden issue that gets brushed under the rug a lot.

>Oh, but black nationalism or Zionism is somehow okay?
Of course not. Any type of nationalism is stupid.
Nationalism can only work as an answer to some kind of invasion, when it's obvious that the fate of the nation is on the line. When you either fight or die. Like WWII.
And even this can be, and is abused. cf. all the white nationalist who always claim that whites, or their particular country is under invasion by the Others.