Can we finally agree that left-wing is collectivist authoritarian big government...

Can we finally agree that left-wing is collectivist authoritarian big government, and right-wing is individualist libertarian limited government?

no.

>americans

>one axis political spectrum
>two axis political spectrum
>any political spectrum with fewer than at least ten axes

heh nice try kid...

Buy a rope and tie it to a decent support, stand on a chair and wrap the other end of the rope around your neck, after you have done this kick the chair away and embrace eternity.

Not at all. Left wing: liberals/republicans, right wing: monarchists.

As far as I can tell, both the American left and right wing parties want authoritarianism provided the authorities agree with their worldview.

People who don't want that just actually call themselves libertarians.

What about the horseshoe theory?

It's a shame that leftists gave their lives for the creation of the US only to have their ideology bastardized.

"and hummanities" was a mistake.

Wrong.

This, we should have let Veeky Forums keep their precious circlejerk.

>stalin
>left

By your line of thought, anarchist hippies are extreme right-wing. That's completely absurd.

The two-axis representation is far better, and even then, it only says so much.

Property is slavery.

Property is by definition, authoritarian, as the distribution of property and property rights are based on no inherent property of the property, but the authority of the governing body that determines what belongs to who.

Any libertarian, neoliberal, ancap, that say's they're pro-freedom is a fool that is spooked by the idea that property is a natural right, and elevates property to a status equal or higher than other natural rights.

>American libertarians

Could we all actually agree this is a good political spectrum? Since it actually makes sense and isn't biased at all?

There should be a z-axis of muh feelings to rational thinking.

>x is the things i dont like all conveniently lumped together
>y is the things i like all conveniently lumped together

Great thread.

There should be at least one more axis, probably for cultural and/or nationalistic values

Ideologies aren't usually very coherent.

Agreed.

Libertarian economics is authoritarian, and property is a matter of authority, stemming from the authority of the state.

Whoever made this absolutely should kill themselves. No wonder no one takes amerilards seriously. Almost hilariously, this isn't even the worst political spectrum I've seen, but it gets pretty close.

that is pretty accurate in the modern American context but not sure who accurate that is in a broader international and historical context

you and I both know that no longer is the case. There are no Western European sovereigns, all of their states are ruled by parliaments and are in practice universally republican.

That spectrum of "industrialised Liberal democracies versus mercantile based monarchies" is obsolete. Even the "Marxists vs Capitalists" is now obsolete since no country actually openly practices communism anymore (not that any of them really did)

I don't know what the fuck we have now, since corporations are just as willing to suck cock for Marxists/leftists and free market enthusiasts. Really really what we have now is globalists vs people

To bad that human society is too much complex for a simple axe.

The Pope is the monarch of the Vatican City.

I like libertarians and think fondly of the movement as a whole but I can't shake off the hesitation I get whenever I imagine corporations having that much power. I know libertarians =/= ancaps but... I'm anti-big government AND anti-corporate but am pro-capitalist and pro-civil liberties so long as they are used with common sense.

Generally I am sceptical and weary of people who wield enormous power, government or corporate, but also recognise that corporations and are government are necessary for our current society's standard of living. What am I? Also, as far as social issues go, people should be able to express themselves however they want as long as they aren't causing a panic or hurting anybody else. Government should not interfere with transgender bathrooms, gay marriage etc etc as well as regulating "hate speech".

Reported, belongs on /pol/

Mods, janitors do your job

American Revolution predates the left-right political spectrum paradigm. That mode of thinking only came about after the French Revolution

Pretty blatant anachronism.

Because property is authoritarian in nature, an people who own property have authority. Property is not a natural right. Property as we understand it today is a social construct based on the authority of the state. Libertarianism is the fanatical devotion to one aspect of authoritarianism claiming it is not authoritarian in nature.

And a few cantons of Switzerland still practice Absolute Democracy.
Here's the best political chart btw. Autumn masterrace.

Ancap for life

>not feudalism

These honestly put me in tears laughing

save it my friend

>I'm anti-big government AND anti-corporate but am pro-capitalist and pro-civil liberties so long as they are used with common sense.
>What am I?
You're a Burger with severe cognitive dissonance.

Fair enough

Memes aside, how are you anti corporate but pro capitalist? Can you explain that?

damn this board sucks

I recognise that capitalism needs corporations because it's not feasible for little general stores to accommodate people and such. The economy is too big and corporations are a natural development but I think we should keep an eye on them because people that wield that much power typically aren't up to any good.

I'm anti-corporate in that sense

He could be fine with individuals or groups of individuals controlling their own production and consumption and operating within the free market, but be opposed to corporations that become an entity separate from the individuals who work for it (Mom-And-Pop's General Store vs Walmart).

What you should be is anti-lobbyist, pro-regulation. Corporations should be regulated enough that they don't stifle innovation and exert undue economic power, but not regulated to much as to remove their economies of scale.

Good luck convincing government members to stop accepting bribes from lobbyists. You can be antilobbyist all you want it won't stop lobbying

Only "winter" has non-retarded things in it.

>he could be fine with small corporations but be opposed to big corporations.
Oh OK. What is the general historical outcome of small corporations? They either die out or become the big corporations. So what are you suggesting? That corporations should remain small and limited? How are you going to maintain that line?

You are complacent in their acceptance of bribes by voting them in, not voting against them and not working to have others vote against them. Also you had a chance to vote one in to run for president if you weren't so obsessed with pro-lobbyist Trump.

Anti-trust.

This board was a fucking mistake. Its all bait from meme lords like OP. At least it was good for the first couple of months.

Liechtenstein

Cute.

Authority is a natural consequence of human development. Hierarchy leads to progress, while equality leads to regress.

Fuck no, it was shit since day one.

Winter is pretty much throughout terrible.

Summer actually has a few good ones, but most of this goddamn chart is terrible.

Nope, Autumn + imperialism (out of the chart for whatever reason) is the only good one

Let me show you the Way

>early united states
you mean the north at least

I'm INFP and I'm a nationalist libertarian reactionary

In pure capitalism, the entity of the "corporation" would never exist.

ENTP here, can confirm.
Am closet authoritarian.

Slavery is an essential institution of Freedom

I am free to make you my slave

Extreme autism: the post.

""Pure"" capitalism. More like pure autism, which is what you have. Typical capitalist.

why is purple hte color for feudalism?

Purple is the colour of royalty.

The black and purple bisected flag is for anarcha-feminism

I never said I supported trump and my point remains regardless. When the Romans set up the twelve tables plebeian representatives voted in line with the patricians because they enjoyed the kickbacks. Corruption is just in human nature. Ancient and recent history proves it

Gay meme

t. bolshevik

Newest of newfags.