Is iRacing Veeky Forums approved?

Is iRacing Veeky Forums approved?

Will it teach me how to drive a racecar?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M4LuMZmtaho
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Will fucking your fleshlight make you better at fucking real women? Nope.

/thread.

>women

Cumy pls go

>mr crummy is the only furry on o
Retard spotted.

Fuck off dogfucker.

Mr cumy is a meme

the only thing "simulation" video games will teach you is how unrealistic and shit they are

t. summerfag
no.

b-but iRacing is used by all the major F1 and WEC teams for testing

That's rfactor

thats rfactor, not the consumer version, with a hydraulic simulator, AND not for the purpose of driver training except to learn the track if they have to

You are correct that simulators are great for getting familiar with a track and learning reference points.

But you're wrong about driver training. Sims are one of the best tools for driver training. Drivers are able to train various skillsets and use their telemetry as a reference for progress.

And I say this from first hand experience. We use pic related to train various drivers from a beginner to semi-pro level.

Woha, do you work at an F1 factory or something?

Here is an example of the telemetry we use for beginners.

I work for a small company that operates a professional F1 simulator. We offer driving sessions to the general public and also do driver training for more serious folk/racers.

a professional racer doesnt need any help from a shit tier simulator.
you cant feel what the car is doing.

Why do you think a professional simulator costs as much as the car it's meant to simulate?
It's because you CAN feel what the car is doing.
It's "muh feels" to the extreme.

who is the most famous client you've ever had?

no, it will be close enough to get reference points and lines, but nothing like the real experience. they use them because they have to not because they want to. it will never be as accurate as real life.

I can assure you this is no shit-tier simulator. This simulator was contracted to be built by Ferrari. Alonso has one of these models in his house, Hamilton had one at his place for a while as well.

who cares? its the next best thing, doesn't mean its good. they aren't allowed to test. they have an allocated amount, strictly enforced.

of course every single one is going to have one in their house for an advantage.

that doesn't mean they are learning how to drive from it. they are just re-learning the track and keeping their minds sharp.

its fucking useless as a driving aid for anyone who is at all competent.

percentage of formula 1 drivers who have learned something from a simulator: fuck all.

no less the consumer version.. sitting in a stationary chair.. with a logitech wheel.

Steve Harwell

That's exactly what it's for. Reference points, driving lines, vision training, steering input, brake and throttle technique, adapting to changing dynamics. So it may not feel "100% realistic" in terms of g-force (it does have a 6 directional motion base), but at the end of the day driving breaks down into these core fundamentals. If you can train them on sim, it will help you on track. Whether you believe it or not is up to you. I work with this machine so I'm only telling you what I see it do in terms of driver training.

We can also change vehicle models and fully adjust setups. Which is also beneficial for its own reasons.

Are you being contrarian for the sake of it or just retarded?

Driving is a skill.

Skills require practice to improve.

Simulator provides a means to practice those skills.

USELESS, THERE'S NO WAY IT HELPS!

>he thinks f1 drivers need help with steering input and pedal technique
rofl

it's for lines, reference points, memorizing the track. the rest is for autistic engineers to wank over. they already know how to drive these cars, it's entirely feeling and muscle memory for them.

it's not like training to fly a 747 that can easily be modeled, tires can't.

no, that would be the other guy who decided to talk about a 20 million dollar 6 axis hydraulic simulator in a thread about a $15 video game.

no you cant learn how to drive from iracing or rfactor. not at all.

practicing lawn darts doesn't make you good at motorcross, bud

amd amx plays in a stationary chair with a logitech wheel and i'm sure he wouldnt bother if he didnt learn anything from it
youtube.com/watch?v=M4LuMZmtaho

>teenager who loves driving cars plays video game where he can drive cars for fun
wow stop the press

youre delusional my man, but keep pretending playing your video game makes you a race car driver.

We're a fairly new business. So far we've had some guys from lower level formula classes - f3, gp2, wsr. As well as a few guys from gt classes, dtm as well.

But in the past I know Alonso, Vettel, Hamilton, and a few others have driven the same model sim that we have.

Because lawn darts would be a good simulator for motocross right? Your comparison makes no sense

I'd like to hear about your personal experience with simulators. You seem to know a great deal.

How about my experience with actual race cars?

I've played iracing and every other consumer grade sim, they are all absolute trash.

What software do you run?

what F1 team are you a reserve driver for, m8?

what the fuck are you talking about

What race cars have you driven?

Rfactor Pro for the simulation, custom software for vehicle models/setup adjustment, and McLaren Atlas for telemetry

"I don't drive the simulator a lot because it's not at its best at the moment - we're working on trying to make it better," Hamilton said.

"I don't do a lot of time in simulators. When I was at McLaren we did way too much.

"I could spend £100 on a PlayStation and learn the same amount."

-Lewis Hamilton, 6 days ago.

Told you autistic retards.. enjoy your video game. Whether it cost 30 million or 15 dollars makes no difference. It's not real.

BTFO

Sorry thought you were asking about the F1 simulator software

>"I could spend £100 on a PlayStation and learn the same amount."

He didn't say this

maybe he should train a little be more
he's got the best car now but that won't last forever

gt3 cup car, formula bmw, scca itb, vara group 2

There have always been drivers who are against or at least not a fan of simulators. Schumi and Ham are probably are the two most outspoken against it. Just because a few dont like it doesn't mean it provides zero benefit to the drivers

Post your racing license/logbook. Just the corner of it, no need to even redact any of the info on it.

BTFO.. grasping at straws hard now. All that passive aggressive ego now crumbling.

Hamilton said the simulator was more use to engineers than drivers, because the sensations of driving a real car cannot be replicated correctly in a sim.

"There's a difference between driving a simulator and driving the real thing - you have no emotion," Hamilton added.

"When you get into the simulator you have to adjust yourself to the simulator, and when you get in the car you don't adjust to it, you drive.

"When you get in the simulator you have to adjust all your feelings - you don't get the same movements, the same bumps.

"You drive the same track the day before and on Monday you drive the simulator and the bumps aren't there, the kerbs are different, the speed is different.

"You don't feel the speed, you don't feel the physicality of it.

Holy fuck literally verbatim what I just typed. Thank you autosport, for the article.

Yeah let me call up my dad 5 states away and get him to take some pictures of stuff in the attic so I can prove to some random online that he doesn't know shit.

Read above, straight from F1 racer himself.

it provides benefits to engineers. it's not for the drivers. it never was.

I doubt it can even help normies.

Hmmm, you went from "I am an experienced racer" to "my dad is an experienced racer" in 2 posts, impressive.

Passive aggressive ego...lol

Says the guy who made it his personal mission to take on everybody in this thread.

I'm a huge Hamilton fan, yet I don't agree with him on how useless he says Sims are

No.. all my shit is at his house.
I don't need to prove myself to some keyboard racer.

>He completely ignores that I was right this entire time
Impressive level of ego survival.

>>>/ovg/

and you have an original mclaren display in your simulator. nice, i've written software to control this using other ECUs than mclaren's own.

also, yes, we also have rfactor pro in use. i work for the motorsports section of a major oem.

>I don't agree with a world champion race car driver
Impressive cognitive dissonance. Weren't you just using this same argument against me?

It will never be the same as the real thing. You can't replicate the speed, the vision, all the minuscule physical feedbacks that you get in a real car. It's no where close. Hundreds of millions of dollars and they still couldn't get it close.

>Says the guy who made it his personal mission to take on everybody
Simply answering OPs question

>has no proof

can u guys copy rfactor pro onto a usb stick and upload it for us pls kthx

go back to the /ovg/ subreddit

Except you weren't right the entire time.

Your denial just makes you believe you are.

No, I don't agree with him.

I think he's overly critical of sims.

One world champions opinion doesn't make it a fact. Other drivers still find sims very useful.

Nice! Where is your company based out of?

The McLaren software is great. I've used Aim before in karting as well.

I came here expecting to have a laugh at James sperging out. But that was fun too.

y tho

for winning the race, you GTR guys are so fucking insecure, you would think you had lost

I just read the article you referenced. You forgot to add the part where Hamilton said this:

"I've walked around circuits since Formula Renault to probably my third or fourth year in F1 and it made zero difference to my weekend. I've not walked a track since 2010 and it made zero difference. It might work for others, but for me it doesn't."

How convenient you left that out because Lewis proves the point I was trying to make - "it might work for others but for me it doesnt"

Holy fuck literally verbatim what I just typed as well. Just because a champion driver (and yourself) say something is useless doesnt make it a truth. There are other drivers who still find these things useful.