If Plato, Aristotle, or Pythagoras were transported to 2016, what religion would they be?

If Plato, Aristotle, or Pythagoras were transported to 2016, what religion would they be?

Would they go to church? Some type of temple?

What would Plato have thought about Christianity?

Greek Pagan, they wouldn't magically change religions you flaming retard.

Who the fuck knows

Kek.

But seriously, despite the lip service, their religious views would be classified as Deistic by today's standards.

(Me)
Lip service to Greek Polytheism that is.

Plato would be Platonic

Aristotle would be Aristotlean

Pythagoras would be Pythagorean

There aren't Greek pagan temples anymore. Greece was Christianized.

And unlike Christianity and Islam, most pagans accepted the worship of local/foreign gods. So Plato could worship Jesus, if he liked.

>What would Plato have thought about Christianity?
Plebs plagiated and misinterpreted me REEEE...

Why would transporting them change their beliefs?

>Philosophy
>Philosophy
>Who the fuck knows
With the possible exception of Pythagoras, none of those are really religions.

Presumably not. However, since there aren't any more Greek temples, or ancient Greek culture, they'd have to chart a new religious path.

Read Timaeus and Physics/Metaphysics

>but those aren't organised faiths

Fuck off I don't care you gaylord

Fuck this shitty thread

Considering their temper, they would honor the religion of the people (Christianity) but subtlely improve on it.

The temples still there though

Partially there. And the priestly orders are gone. And the ancient Greek culture surrounding them is gone.

Are you suggesting that they would attempt to re-establish the ritual system of ancient Greek paganism?

Make a movie about it. The template is already there, just change Hitler with Plato and modern Germany with modern Germany's debt slave.
Would watch.

Plato and Aristotle didn't believe in Greek Polytheism. They only payed lip service to it because both men respected the traditional customs and institutions. If Christianity was the religion of the land, they would honor that.

>Plato and Aristotle didn't believe in Greek Polytheism
In what sense? A lot of modern Christians believe that Genesis 1 is not historical, but is a useful and important myth.

I read some Plato back when I was in school, and don't recall any clear statement about the existence of the gods. What parts of Plato's writings should I read to cover this subject?

>In what sense? A lot of modern Christians believe that Genesis 1 is not historical, but is a useful and important myth.
In the same sense you said, of myths and shit. Throughout Plato's work he
Criticizes old myths (Symposium, Republic)
Rewrites old myths (Gorgias, Protagoras)
Makes his own myths (Symposium, Republic, Timaeus, Phaedo)

Aristotle downright dismisses Greek mythology in the Metaphysics
>about those who have invented clever mythologies it is not worthwhile to take a serious book.

Yes...yesssssssss.....

>Pagans accepted the worship of foreign gods

AHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Say that to a classical athenian

and a classical athenian isn't every pagan in the roman empire. Dionysus's cult was quite popular, especially in greece