Does Veeky Forums has his car lowered?

Does Veeky Forums has his car lowered?
I was thinking of installing some eibach lowering springs, about 30mm.

What are the major cons?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h8uEA50thsQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>putting money into a POS Fiat diesel econobox

Lower it and get some rotas. Don't forget the wing.

What do you drive?
lowering cars always increases tire wear

This.
Shooped it so I could get an idea.
I'll change the wheels in the future for some 17s, too.

usually lowering springs won't do much to ruin drivability themselves unless your car is already low, but they'll make the ride bouncy because most of the time with lowering springs you ge my stiffer spring rates which means your stock dampers are not gonna be valved correctly.

I have eibach springs/struts/roll bars. Your ride will be a lot stiffer, tires may scrape on bumps, and damage can be done to control arms and such.

you actually drive that?
srs or troll?

Harsher ride

Haha arent you the faggot that tries to call others out for having shit cars? Yet you drive this piece of ass? Top zoz

I want a bit more of stability at speed/cornering. The car is a bit too high for my taste, 185 tyres don't help the cause, too.

I don't think 30mm would do that much of a difference. I'm a bit more worried about scraping the lower engine guard since diesel engines are installed a bit lower than petrol ones.

Eh, don't really care about that desu.

if youre only lowering 30mm you'll be fine... at very worst if youre keeping stock shocks they'll maybe be a little more likely to blow but its not that serious

Do it OP, i have eibach lowering springs on some bilsteins and my car rides great

Yep, keeping stock shocks. They're still in good shape.

First of all that's more like 5mm not 30
Enjoy fender rubbing and ruined alignment all around

Secondly, you're a dumb nigger trying to stance an utter shitbox.

Fucking degenerates all on this board.

Coilovers and call it a day.

What about OEM TRD lowering Springs on a 2nd Gen. Scion tc?

>What are the major cons?
You will lose a lot of handling performance. So, instead of having a "hooning" car, you are reducing the ability to hoon in order to have a car that sits lower on the roadway. That means if some stores or shopping plaza driveways have a lot of slope to them, you might scrape something.

So be sure to verify that all your favorite places as well as necessary places are still drivable with your lowered car.

>Fucking retard thinks using lowering springs to slightly lower car is fucking stancing
>thinks they will rub
Ignorance is fucking bliss

>lowering a car decreases handling
It actually does the opposite but okay

I cut the springs on my car, 2 coils in the front, 1.5 in the back.
Would recommend.

Depends on the shock condition and valving.
Lower COG does not immediately correlate to faster cornering.

I went with variable rate intrax instead of eibachs because they had a little more drop.
Still cut half a coil out of the back to get it to sit right.
Looks awesome at the curb. Handles great.
Rides like shit.
Can only take my car to places I'm familiar with, or I can literally get stuck (lol frame rails 4" off the ground).
Know what you're getting into, and it better not be a daily driver.
BTW, one spot in houston- a stoplight I always went through.
Summer sun and asphalt collapsed- giant 9" peak in between wheel tracks.
If I hit that at 45, my car would have been totalled.

>depends on shocks
Cars don't have shocks they have struts.
You are partially correct. Lowering COG combined with front upper and lower strut bars along with new sway bar end links and rear control arms you can corner significantly better.

>4 inches
>low
.... What
4 inches is a fucking monster truck

AHAHHA FAGGOT

You know what I mean.

>talks about lowering his car
>fiat
>30mm

topkek

I'm not on bags.
Friend in highschool used to shave the reflective markers off the road when he changed lanes.
Pretty retarded.

I have lowered my car on Eibach pros w/ new aftermarket shocks/struts. Mine was about the 40mm all four corners.

1. Replace your shocks/struts. They will experience faster wear because they are not designed to operate lower than stock. Mine were at 50k so it would be stupid for me to not replace mine.

2. You will NEED and alignment. This is not up for discussion. Expect negative camber without adjustable control arms. They will likely be able to get you within -2° which realistically is good for handling.

3. Handling will improve at the cost of comfort. The ride will be stiffer. There's not really a way around it. As a DD you WILL notice. I personally don't mind, even my gf is used to it and doesn't care now. It was jarring at first.

Is it worth it?
For a DD I think it's great. Performance with a slight trade off of comfort and part wear is just fine for me.

Coilovers are overkill for a DD you do not intend to track.

You guys need to learn a little more about dampening/rebound curves, spring rates and sway bars.

Seriously. Just a few youtube videos or something from someone that knows.

No shit your not on bags, I don't expect a single person on this board to be on bags.

I've got a set on my car, looks great, rides a bit stiff but not unbearable. if you somehow find them I say get em

Its less about lowering COGand also about overall stiffness of the springs, eibachs are a bit less than twice as stiff as stock spings. With econoboxes that have floppy stock springs for a nice ride , cornering performace oi severly impacted

Pretty much this, i found my camber to come from -0.5 to -1.7 , also stock struts will be to weak or to sloppy, tyres may rub on some corners even though it is only lowered , i have a set on my civic and made the mistake of not upgrading the struts at the same time, especially in the front.

Also if you dont have sport tyres buy them first, their a world of difference over low resistance economy tyres, you may also lose fuel economy with good tyres installed though

>Pic related , eibach pro kit on a civic ek, pretty low Imo

that looks sick

what car is that

>cars don't have shocks they have struts
wat

assembly of shock + spring = strut

sometimes the two are separate though, making the shock independent of the spring and not a strut at all

>pic related

youtube.com/watch?v=h8uEA50thsQ

1:00

SW20 MR2
Mid mounted 3SGTE in it is mental

isn't that a really dangerous car

shorter travel means stiffer springs and a harsher ride
also less negative travel .ie the ability of the suspension to drop into a dip in the road

go to far and it makes the distance between the roll center and center of gravity to big
also without proper ajustment to tie rods and you will get bump steer and problems with scrub radius

>tldr its a big hassle for minimal gains and much less forgiving handleing

sure is, it's a car that expresses natural selection.

>185/65-15 ?
here are some tires that are almost the same size
225/45-16 0.8% fast
235/40-17 0.2% slow
not that it matters much
better to go for the smallest wheel that will work with the brakes and run a lower profile anyway

If I go bigger, I'll get 205/45 R17s. Already did some math and the total diameter of the wheel is pretty much the same.

Weltmeister racing springs

might be a little too low now, oh well

>Buzz words the post

But guys, just tell me what you think: if I run the stock shocks with those lowering springs, will 30mm be that dramatic that'll cause premature wear on the shocks?

Seu azeiteiro do caralho vai te foder mais o teu 1200cc de 50cv essa merda já se arrasta ainda queres piorar. Deixa isso de origem e compra um carro como deve ser.

Most people will laugh at you and your stupid looking car.

BR pls go

>1200cc
>50cv
kek
Desde quando é que rebaixar 3cm é azeiteiro?

Yes. Taking your car anymore than a half inch will cause premature wear on your shocks. Get some Koni yellows (or orange even) and do it right.

Lowering springs are cheap garbage that will ruin your suspensions. Just spend the cash on coilovers. Would you rather spend 2 grand piecing together a shitty ebay turbo that blows up in a few months or spend 4 grand on a turbo kit that lasts?

pretty sure my g35 is stock height but when i do some hard cornering at a high speed

ex freeway loop off ramps

i hit the inner wheel well

shits annoying but satisfying

like bottoming out on a chick or when she puts her hand on you to keep you away from going balls deep

i dont know what to change or if i should just slow down. never experienced this in the 240sx or 300zx as of yet

So your saying useing a reputable brand of springs and reputable brand of struts is a bad decision.
>a 150 buck ebay coilover suspension is the way to go op!!!!!

First off, OP is Portuguese and do am i, not brazillian.

Second, lowering a piece of shit car like that ridiculous Punto, is a waste of money, be that 3cm or 10cm. Il say it again...save money and buy a decent car.

terminology saves time if your not dealing with retards

Definitely invest in the tires and wheels you want first. I did my tires, wheels, and suspension at the same time so I went from meme-tastic mazda handling to good to excellent tier handling in two days. Wanna talk night and day.

Lmao if you're trying to fit in on Veeky Forums by being an absolute retard, you're doing alright.

It's a shame cause the shocks don't even have 50k kms on them.

I'm not putting coilovers on it. It just isn't worth it on a car that won't ever see a track.
Plus I don't wan't to get it stupid low. Just slightly, exactly like the stock sporting version.

>Second, lowering a piece of shit car like that ridiculous Punto, is a waste of money, be that 3cm or 10cm. Il say it again...save money and buy a decent car.
Still don't get you. If my car bothers you THAT much, just stop posting in this thread.

Anyways, pic related is pretty much what I want to do with my car.
It's about 3-4mm lowered.

>what is an alignment
You guys are actually retarded

>Just slightly, exactly like the stock sporting version
That's as gay as putting a scooped hood on a base model Impreza so chicks think it's a WRX

Yes because it's a cheaper shitty alternative to coilovers. No one implied the scenario you dreamed up autist.

Go crash stancefag

>I'm not putting coilovers on it. It just isn't worth it on a car that won't ever see a track.
Plus I don't wan't to get it stupid low. Just slightly, exactly like the stock sporting version.
>Coilovers
>track
Nigger what? You don't need to justify a set of coilovers by going to the track.
>Plus I don't wan't to get it stupid low.
Coilovers are adjustable retard, that's the whole point, and they are setup for the spring rates they have unlike your stock suspension.
>Just slightly, exactly like the stock sporting version.
THEN GET THE OEM SUSPENSION THAT IS EXACTLY LIKE YOU WHAT MORON

You must be salty, did somebody fuck your cousin after you already called dibs?

lol
You literally have no idea what you're talking about, do you?
The Sporting was only available in the GP and Evo facelift. This last facelift doesn't have one. Plus it was only available for the 3dr versions.
And it's nothing like your retarded analogy. The Sporting versions aren't Abarths, and there were diesel ones.

Dude, do you really think I can get my car to pass the inspection with fucking coilovers? Do you think everyone lives in murrica?
Even with lowering springs, they better be not that low and painted black, or else it doesn't pass.

>Dude, do you really think I can get my car to pass the inspection with fucking coilovers? Do you think everyone lives in murrica?

>WHY DON'T YOU KNOW WHERE I LIVE WITHOUT ME TELLING YOU, WHY WOULD YOU ASSUME I'M FROM THE COUNTRY THAT THE MAJORITY OF THE USERBASE IS FROM.

Why don't you go ask the village rapist what you should do, fucking mouth breather.

Gee, idk... How about you actually open your fucking eyes?

>Can't even come up with a coherent, and relevant shit post anymore

Man you must be getting old

>All these retarded assumptions
Nigger, I never opened your image buried at the top of the thread. Did you know children have trouble understanding that other people might not know everything they do?

sup op
i have eibach pro streets (coilover kit not just springs) on my m3 because it was very hard to get the oem setup

major cons;
if you lower it too much, speedbumps
po put shitty coilovers on before and these are much better on ride
also you may need reinforcement plates on the rear shock mounts.

thats all op