Were Germanics really that backward?

Were Germanics really that backward?

If you want to view it that way then technicly any country that wasn't roman/byzantine empire,the caliphates and persia wass pretty backward in comparison up until 1400ish.

Yes. They were a race of brutes (in)famous for their fighting prowess and savagery. Germanics owe everything to Rome, but they took to Roman culture and technology better than any other race on Earth. There were innumerable cultures exposed to Roman civilization, some even ruled directly by them, yet it was the backward, savage Germans living on the outskirts of the Empire that ended up ruling the earth in the end.

The picture seems to suggest that, in comparison with the Astecs in 400 AD, the Germans were relatively backward, at least in terms of urban infrastructure. Assuming the picture is an accurate depiction of reality.

Thanks, i'm picture-blind but can read text so your post was really helpful.

Did the ancient Germanics practice human sacrifice? That's an indicator on how civilized a nation or group of people are.

They did.

>China in 2016 v US
Explain pls amerifats

Mayans. The Aztecs didn't really exist in 400 A.D. At least, not in the form anyone today would recognize. They wouldn't even migrate in Mesoamerica for a few more centuries at that point. In fact, at that point in history the ancestral culture the Aztecs were descended from was probably still around.

They were Stuck in the middle of nowhere

Why, you're welcome!

Around 400 AD you'd still have Teotihuacan flourishing where the Aztecs would later rise.

OP's pic is inaccurate, that Mayan city looks like Tikal around 800 AD, not 400 AD.

Depends on where in Germany. Here's the city of Koln in roughly the same time frame.

Germany still exists (for now...)

Yes, they were backward.

But the point is they didn't stay backward. The aztecs and their ilk were still stuck ages behind when they were found.

delet this

This. Every people was backward at one point. The difference is that some overcome that phase whereas others never go passed the stone age.

So do the Mayans.

Do they have their own country?
How influential are they on the world stage ?

? Except everyone in the world is either industrial or industrializing and internet penetration rates are on the rise.

Is that industrialization some lineage that belonged to mesoamerica?

Think, retard.

Yes, Germans are the Africans of Europe.

>the africans of europe went to the moon

But when Europeans are the Europeans of the world, the Africans of Europeans equal to the Europeans of Africa by the least

>Africans are the Africans of the world.
Rly makes you think.

>Did the ancient Germanics practice human sacrifice?

yes. some alt-right fags even brag about how they used to throw gay people into bogs for wotan

I don't recall Germans going to the moon buddy, real life isn't Wolfenstein.

>they used to throw gay people into bogs for wotan

Say what? That doesn't sound like a pagan thing to do. Did Wotan have a preference for guy people?

The Europeans of the Americas went to the moon, while the Africans of Europe were getting partitioned among the non-backward nations, much like what Africa suffered in the hands of Europeans, the parallels are there, /pol/ is just too blind to see it.

I hadn't been thinking up till this point but that really kickstarted the process.

Germanic progression was delayed by a few hundred years because of their climate.

Native americans weren't any better developed than Germanics at similar latitudes, and still live in ice huts today, while Germanics became in many ways superior to their former Latin masters.

>a few midsized Pyramids

Woooooooow.

Germany has actual winters and a short summer, only after medieval innovations in agriculture population could become dense enough for civilization. Roman slave raiding and the whole Hun business didn't help either.

>European climate was like SUPER HARSH bruv

Nonsense, honestly. Scandinavia had a climate comparable to the Mediterranean during the Bronze Age, they were even growing grapes. It was nowhere near as cold today and even today it's not that cold when you compare it to Russia or Canada for example.

All roads lead to Rome. Hail Rome victorious.

They took it because they are the romans had been having genocide level wars for a millebia or so. They knew all about that shit.

>The Europeans of the Americas

Literally we wuz scientists and shiiiet.

Is writing, domestication, and metallurgy some lineage that belonged to germania?

Think, retard

>I don't understand population density

Still:
WHITE
H
I
T
E

>I'm butthurt

>2000

Has America sent any men to the moon since the countries been flooded with sp*cs?

I'm mostly German midwesterner actually, the only thing that makes me butthurt is retards who keep posting that map as if it represents anything.

why not yucatan 1AD vs Rome 1AD?

Actually yes.

By approximately 700 BC it reached the current climate.

How were Germanics more backward than other barbarians like Celtic (Romans considered Gauls the worst of all) and Slavic tribes?

The French and Serb autists gtfo. I want serious answers based on evidence, not cheap banter.

Yes, but it's still not a harsh climate at all. Ever been to Denmark during the winter? Do you think it was harsh?

...Serb?

Not Yucatan, but pretty close

Mesoamerican civs were awesome. It would have been interesting to see how they developed if left alone. Why do you hate Germans though? Hate the eternal Spaniard, the Eternal Anglo, and even the eternal Jew for that. Germany didn't have a colony until the 19th century.

There's a French and Serb user on this board who do so much shit posting they made it known for being anti-German.

Might also be a Pole user, haven't yet determined if it's the same person as the Serb or not though.

That's bullshit. If it is %30 German, %30 French and %31 nigger, the map points it as nigger

>fast forward to 1600 a.d
>Aztecs are cucked by Spaniards and Germany is doing shit except not in mud huts

less than 10% of the city has been explored

No need to hate Euros. I'd have liked to see meso cultures, but that's how history goes. Very interesting things came from Europe's rising fortunately.

Comfy. If there ever was a cataclysmic event I wonder if humans could still inhabit these ruins?

I can't really tell, but certainly time doesn't stand still in the jungle.

those are mayans and they had it going on.

Isn't it a bit unfair to compare cultures to each other in this way? You can just pick a decade throughout history where culture 1 is at its peak and 9 times out of 10 you can find another great culture that was in a tailspin at that time.

Not to mention it's an inept comparison.
Although the Germanics were less urbanized and had less impressive physical works, they were very good at metalworking and herding, far superior to what the Mayans were.

Yea, that is why so few parents named their kids Guy.

>hurr if you're """alt-right""" you have to be a kraut/kraut sympathizer
nonsense
in my country there was the roman empire at the time anyways, what now

Those ruins had to be laboriously cleared of jungle growth and rebuilt to get to that condition

Prior to archeologists finding them, they were just overgrown bumps in the jungle and once people stop keeping them cleared, they’ll quickly return to that.

>18th century artists renditions of both cultures are accurate measures of reality

lol

>just overgrown bumps in the jungle
That needs to be emphasized. Pic related is the biggest pyramid the Maya ever built, but with the jungle on top it just looks like a small hill.

18th century? That what Tikal actually looked like, through around 800 AD, not 400.

Germanics and Germany are different.

Koln was a Roman city, not a Germanic city. Germany didnt exist back then.

What's your point?

You can have the ability to create relatively advanced buildings and still have a savage barbarian culture.

At least the Germanics focused their hatred on foreigners, instead of tossing virgins into volcanoes.

>Roman culture and technology better than any other race on Earth.

Romans appropriated and diluted Greek culture

Greeks appropriated and diluted west Asian culture

Germanics created the dark ages

Italians (Romans/Latins) reversed Germanic dark ages with Latin renaissance, which resulted in scientific achievements and Latins exploring the new world

My point is that that's what Tikal looked like, you dumb fuck.

I don't believe you. That picture wasn't sketched in 800 A.D.

>archaeology doesn't exist

Archaeology does exist, but accurate representations of reality from 1200 years ago in picture form doesn't.

?

Right. Memes like OP are pretty funny because they trigger right-wing children, but I don't like the idea of attributing development to internal characteristics when all signs point to geography and stability being the defining factors of "civilization".

>Pictured on the left: stacks of stone
>Pictured on the right, advanced metal working and animal husbandry

>>>/gaysea/

So are most Jews, Italians, Hispanics, and Slavs. "White" isn't a very great label to build your personality and political ideals around.

>So are most Jews

What, do you think all Jews living in the West today are pure Ashkenazi?

Jews aren't white my man.

>pure Ashkenazi
Aren't the Ashkenazis a mix of Israelite and various European ancestry?

So you keep implying. What makes an average non-Israeli Jew less white than your average Italian or Austro-Hungarian?

Because they see themselves as Jews first and foremost.

That's very nice of you to post something you made yourself, but you should try to make better bait.

>0.2 ₪ has been deposited into your account

I'm sure that the rabid Zionists you're quoting are extremely happy to see that people genuinely believe they represent the entirety of Jewish culture. Are you going to provide any concrete reasoning for why Jews aren't white that isn't "these certain Jews hate white people, thus all Jews hate white people"?

Are goyim inferior to Jews?

(a) Yes

(b) No

>Germans ended up ruling the Earth in the end
lolwut

Nice photoshop on the Iran nuclear speach before the UN