That feel when you can finally heel-toe

>that feel when you can finally heel-toe.

How long did it take you? I'm not there yet. I can do it but I'm either jerky or I over-rev the engine

I had a manual. Now I have an automatic.

In my manual I could never heel toe because normal cars aren't made to work like that.

So quit saying you can do it. If you can it is probably very shitty.

>tfw weebshit

>Learning autismo moves
>Cant simply drive uphill

>pussy ass autotragic driver that never got to drive a manual ever confirmed

I owned a manual for 10 years

I dunno, like 2 or 3 weeks? I practiced on my daily commute, but I drive an hour to work. ymmv

>being this mad

It's a cool gif.

>I owned a manual for 10 years

and still couldn't rev match in the corner.

kek.

What's the point? I've never really in a situation where I _needed_ that technique.

Congrats you can drive a manual car.

Have fun with that tranny pull to replace your clutch

It's only for people who think they're cool doing it.

I could rev match. It's called revving the gas and releasing clutch at the exact right moment.

I rev matched. I didn't heel toe like ur dumbass. Who heel toes with other people in the car or when you're just driving normally.

Rev matching is part of driving manual. Heel toe is not something most manual drivers even know about.

It's fun.

>tranny pull

Sounds like you're not doing it right.

what the fuck does heel toe even do
how practice without grenading engine and tranny

Let's you change gears while braking. If you're in a RWD car the back tires don't get all funky when you let off the clutch.

It's just rev matching in the corner.

To the people asking about heel-toeing worrying about grenading their engines: LEARN TO REV-MATCH DOWNSHIFT NORMALLY- IT'S THE SAME THING BUT WHILE BRAKING

heel toe is a driving technique where you brake and downshift simultaneously it's useful for going fast. Basically for going through corners i personally use it when going downhill and there's slow moving traffic ahead

The Austism in this thread is incredible

Do you think Veeky Forums would approve of racing shoes?

>discussions I don't like are autistic XDD

Veeky Forums will only like them if they are under $50 or if you can buy knock offs on aliexpress

Why are people so mad at this thread?

Because you're an idiot who thinks differing opinions = le epic u mad memes XD

I'm really hoping this is trolling, what the fuck

Except for the people who have different opinions are mad about them.

>being on Veeky Forums and not watching initial d
Get your life together

>stop liking something I dont like: the post

>that feel when you can actually reverse entry

>tfw you double-clutch

In my civic it honestly took an hour to learn how to. Maybe they just have really good pedal spacing. My size 13 shoes prob help

what civic senpai? My gas in my 07 Si is floor mounted. Took getting used to.

Can't do it comfortably in my 02 Mustang GT. The brake pedal is a lot closer than the gas. Kind of annoying

Do they make throttle extensions for your car?

Its for when youre going downhill and you wanna be in your powerband and brake hard at the same time. I do it everywhere because my synchros are fucked and it makes my gear changes silky smooth.

>tfw can't heel toe because big feet and small gas pedal

Does anyone else use heel toe when having to brake suddenly? My DD is 7200 pounds mostly empty, I know I heel toe to go down each gear when braking turns from leisurely to brown trousers time.

I heel toe most corners, always revmatch, and double clutch everything but 1st to 2nd.

>double clutch
Huh

Clutch in move to neutral clutch out, clutch back in go to next gear.

What why

What's the purpose? It takes longer than normally shifting and isn't any more smooth. Double clutching is a technique for unsynchronized gearboxes.

>bought a new car 8hr trip away
>its a manual
>never driven one

How fucked am I for a drive home on a busy freeway

Not him but all it does is save your synchro life at the cost of your throwout bearing life

I abuse my car quite often. So I do my best to keep from rebuilding the trans again.

Once you're up to speed you shouldn't stall. Before you do highway stuff start out on surface streets until you can start without stalling.

Exactly. But a throw out is far easier than a rebuild.

i thought it was never a good idea to break on sharp turn at high speed

You begin the braking before the turn. The idea behind a heel toe is to keep the weight from shifting.

You can do it in modern cars, you probably just can't fit your whole fucking foot down there so just use the side of your foot you fucking ape

And to keep as much speed as possible

This. Veeky Forums is full of failures.

That said, while not very fashionable, Nike Free 3.0s have been the best driving "shoes" I've ever worn.

>brake suddenly
>hitting the gas
Have fun with your inevitable lawsuit. Never mind you're full of shit and made up everything in your dumb-as-fuck post.

I've never, ever been in a situation where I needed to heel toe

I sort of heel toe for slowing downshifts, but i let off the brake at the same time I blip the throttle

I have been driving nearly thirty years and I have never encountered a time when heel-toe driving would have been useful, or even necessary.

You've been driving nearly thirty years and never had to downshift while braking hard at the same time? Commuter pleb roflmao

>double clutch everything

Why?

I downshift while braking all the time. This doesn't require heel-toe, especially in modern autos.

double clutch? How old is your car? Everything now has proper syncros for gears.

someone fell for the fast and the furious meme rofl

you don't need to double clutch. That's why engineers invented synchros. They work very well.

I'm not absolutely positive that this thread has many actually licensed drivers...

>summerfag detected

Veeky Forums is mostly teenagers who played Gran Turismo (or Forza) and watch Top Gear.

I'm sure they do. I just haven't looked into it yet.

Iktf
Took me honestly about 5 days total after figuring out what exactly I was supposed to do. But I drive for pleasure every day so that was atleast 3-4 hours practice daily,

forwhatpurpose.jpg

LOL

good luck with that

why would you do that to yourself, hope you're bringing an adult with you who knows how to drive

You're an idiot.

Bring pay someone 50$ to drive it for you you dumb cuck

first time owning a volvo manual wagon
looking forward to this winter for practice heel and toe on winter dirt roads

Fuck you asshole

>that feel when you still cant drive

You'll be fine, once you're out of 1st gear. You'll stall it a few times but get over it quick.

Haters gonna hate. There are a lot of automatic owners that constantly try to save face on this board.

>Reverse entry in a high powered AWD vehicle on slippery terrain
lmao a child can do it

Yeeees. Although if your car has no synchros (or if they are fucked) it's better to just not use the clutch.

Used to wear chucks, now flat sole Pumas because I can wear them at work, too.

pls don't buy racing shoes, friends. Not worth the cash. Regular flat-soles work great.

You know the gas doesn't do anything until you release the clutch, right?

>need

It's fun, this is a car enthusiast board. Fuck off with this utilitarian ideal you all keep preaching.

If we all had only the car and did only the things we "needed" we'd all be driving our Camry 5 miles under the speed limit.

>ITT: damage control for those who can't heel toe

>false dichotomy

Nah, slippery slope at best. I wasn't saying you either HAVE to do it or drive an auto. I'm just saying that doing somethings that's not absolutely necessary is just fine.

It's not absolutely necessary to double knot your shoes, but plenty of people still do it. No one NEEDS to ride their bikes down mountains, but plenty do.

That last bit was b8, which it seems you took.