Christians please explain this to me

Christians please explain this to me.

>"ἐγὼ ὁ kατασkευάσας φῶς kαὶ ποιήσας σkότος ὁ ποιῶν εἰρήνην kαὶ kτίζων kαkά ἐγὼ kύριος ὁ θεὸς ὁ ποιῶν ταῦτα πάντα "

>"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." - Isaiah 45:7

>create darkness and create evil

How does your "muh free will argument against the problem of evil" work, when God literally says he is the source of evil?

And the corollary, why worship an evil entity?

Other urls found in this thread:

techinsider.io/thirty-meter-telescope-hawaii-protests-2015-10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>why worship an evil entity
Why not

Explain in 10 words what's inherently good about good

Who else do you think can possibly be the source of evil? He is the source of EVERYTHING, even Satan was created by God.

God loves us and wants the best for us
In order for us to achieve our best we need to experience evil, to appreciate good
This is why God imposes Evil, through Satan, on us
This is why he is mighty
This is why he is greater and loves us

t. atheist who comprehends basic christian theology

>How does your "muh free will argument against the problem of evil" work, when God literally says he is the source of evil?

How about not ignoring my first question fags?

>God loves you
>Therefore he will give you inoperable brain cancer before you reach the age of 5, so you die in horrible agony before you even experienced life

lol

testing faith

Well I think free will is a load of horseshit.

Why do Atheists think it's reasonable to reason against a hypothetical God's actions? This is a hypothetical GOD we're talking about here, and you think you're somehow above it, and know better than it.

The thing is suppose to be above reality itself, timeless and all knowing, yet you still conclude that if God hypothetically existed it would be reasonable to go against it.

Like a whining child crying at his parents for not letting him play with a knife.

How about not ignoring my question, retard?

This

Fair enough.

>This is a hypothetical GOD we're talking about here, and you think you're somehow above it, and know better than it.

But this isn't what I'm doing is it? I'm asking actual PEOPLE why they argue against their own book(e.g using the free will argument to argue against the problem of evil), instead of saying "God creates evil".

Which one was that?

>Why do Atheists think it's reasonable to reason against a hypothetical God's actions?
Because you're attacking the logic behind the faith. The hypothetical god was imagined up by flawed humans, and it's easy to see.

A 5 year old doesn't have any real concept of faith you fucking retard, you can't justify that.
>b-but muh parents faith
why not give them the fucking tumor

Doesn't he? If anything, children have a far better grasp of faith than do adults.

And if God exists then the kid is going to heaven, without the chance of being tempted into sin later in his life

If god has created free will and free will begets evil, would it not be true to say that god is the source of evil?

>Why should the living complain when punished for their sins? Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the Lord.
>Let us lift up our hearts and our hands to God in heaven, and say: “We have sinned and rebelled and you have not forgiven." - Lamentations 3:39–42
justice =/= evil

>If god has created free will and free will begets evil, would it not be true to say that god is the source of evil?

Right, so explain something like the Tohoku megathrust earthquake that created a tsunami that killed and injured 20,000 people.

How is it "justice" that several thousands of parents and children got their loved ones murdered by something, according to your worldview, God is the cause of?

>he thinks there's only one life
lmaoing @ ur ideology friendolino mandolino

You are literally asking the most tired and cliched theological question. I am not kidding when I say that this was answered around 3000 years ago.

Then why enter the thread if you aren't going to discuss the topic?

Retard.

Cause and effect
That how everything in the universe works

You act like an asshole
You get treated like an asshole

You kill someone brutally
You get killed brutally

Plus, death is not necessarily a bad thing, living an earthly life of suffering is, get your head out of your ass

>"I killed your kids with a huge wave! Haha! I did it because I can predict the future and I knew that your kids will become serial killers when they grow up so there for they deserved to drown before your eyes! Haha! Great stuff huh? - God

Sounds like an awesome worldview man.

>when they grow up
They already did it sonny
That's where multiple lives come in

One extreme cannot exist without the other. If God only created good, good would only be the norm and paradoxically not exist. By creating evil, God differentiates what is good and evil.

Well I'd prefer to live in a world were children didn't randomly get brain cancer or sickle cell anemia thanks.

I'm not the same user but please reread the post or at least finish middle school before browsing Veeky Forums

How can it be murder if it was just? How can it be unjust if it was a natural occurence?

>Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
>Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
>Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? - Job 38:3–7

Because you could have literally just googled "WHY DOES GOD DO/ALLOW BAD THINGS" and gotten your answer

This.

If there is no evil, then there is no choice

>How can it be murder if it was just? How can it be unjust if it was a natural occurence?

How is it just to murder someone?

And how is it a "natural occurrence" if God is the source *all* evil?

If you look at it from a completely objective point of view:

1. They're not going to suffer for long.
2. They are compensated in the afterlife.

If you've ever done basic Calculus:

a is the variable time spent in realworld
b is the constant between 0 and 110 time spent in afterlife
LIM AS a approaches infinity int he ratio: a/b is infinity / 0

Calculus to prove that the ratio of suffering in the realworld will not compare to the treasures of the afterlife (if good boy)
Also given that the brain cancer / sickle cell anemia kids won't likely last to 80 makes it even less significant

Why do Christians think it's reasonable to reason against a hypothetical Zeus' actions? This is a hypothetical ZEUS we're talking about here, and you think you're somehow above him, and know better than him.

He is suppose to be above reality itself, king of the gods and lord of Olympus, yet you still conclude that if Zeus hypothetically existed it would be reasonable to go against him.

Like a whining child crying at his parents for not letting him play with a knife.

a and b definitions should be reversed

Greek / Roman gods were not perfect gods. They were flawed and self indulgent

If it was murder you could sue god for it. Since you can't, we can deduce that it wasn't murder.

Natural occurences naturally come from god. However, there is nothing "evil" about them. Is it evil when a dog bites your hand? If so, I'm afraid we can't find common ground, as your definition of what constitutes evil is too far out.

That's a mistranslation, it really references God's role in natural disasters which is why they're referred to as "acts of God"

Great responses, I'm going to forward this to my peers so that you can get a Reddit gold account free of charge

>1. They're not going to suffer for long.
>2. They are compensated in the afterlife.

But if you even accept those 2 premises, that would be true regardless of how long you have lived, and we should simply unload the nukes right now, so everyone perishes in a nuclear holocaust and gets to party in Heaven.

>However, there is nothing "evil" about them.

Says you. And yet God says different in the Bible itself, as my OP enunciates.

I'm not arguing against your argument but the way you argued.

If a is true, then b is true.
If a is false, then b is false.

This is a logical fallacy.
Example:
If the chair is my chair, then it is blue.
If the chair is not my chair, then it is not blue.
*Problem: The chair can still be blue and not mine.

Because the Greek/Roman gods had their limits you retard
>that would be true regardless of how long you have lived
Not at all.
If you live to, say, 80, you'd have seen more suffering than the kid. And as you get older, statistically the chances of you going to heaven diminish more and more, while a kid is almost always guaranteed heaven, unless he's an uncommonly sinful or something

I'm down after I go to the confessional first.

>And as you get older, statistically the chances of you going to heaven diminish more and more

Not if you ask for redemption.

And? They're unimaginably more powerful and knowledgable than humans, why do you think you can question mighty Zeus?

Even if you ask for redemption, if your bad actions outweigh your good ones (unless you're a proddie or something) you're not going to heaven. Most you can hope for is purgatory (if you're catholic)

I know a guy who's super talented with knives, and he started as a child.

You sound like a child whining that the child next door gets to play with knives.

Because Zeus is tricked all the time by both men and other gods.

Not to mention the only thing he creates is thunderbolts

So Christianity is actually Buddhism?

>Christians get called out for their own inconsistency of interpretation.
>Act out like fedora manbabies

Predictable humans, acting human, so human and basic, so unchristlike.

You can just eat him I.E. Chronos and Titans. Gods were not remotely even considered "almighty" until the monotheistic chrisitan / jewish God. Greek and Roman gods were, literally humans that could never die and wielded (very limited) supernatural powers

>That's a mistranslation

No it isn't. The words "kτίζων kαkά" literally means "establish evil" or "establish wickedness".

>Christians get called out for their own inconsistency of interpretation.

That's because Christians is a very broad term. It's very diverse. It only suggests a common root, the details in particular is what separates them from baptist, lutheran, roman catholic, orthodox catholic, mormon?(not really familiar with their theology)

Nice American revisionism.

It's an essential part of the universe. Without evil, good wouldn't be good. Besides, an entity like god wouldn't be "the root of all good" in some sort of duality, I don't get why people always want to see it everywhere. But I think it's more complicated than an entity powerful enough just egsisting and creating the universe just because it can.

There is a difference between evil (as in bad things happen) and Evil. A dog may be evil in the sense of "bad doggie", but it can't be evil.
Its lack of nuance makes english probably the worst language to have serious discussions about anything that wasn't originally written in engish.

Yeah but the point is that if a personal theistic God is the literally cause of *all* evil, it means that small e-evil, becomes big E-Evil, because he is essentially a person.

I don't have a problem with a tsunami, if it really just is caused by a megathrust earthquake because of shifting tectonic plates, but I do have a problem with it, if there is literally some "guy" out there with a magnifying glass searing us like ants by causing natural disasters.

You do see the difference don't you?

It's kind of the domino affect. God created Evil, but he didn't send the tsunami. The earthquake did, caused by the plates, caused by revolving temperatures in the earth, caused by planetary cooling in space, caused by etc.

If life is so bad why don't the christians in this thread kill themselves so they can go to heaven?
The world would progress 1000 years into the future without this kind of slave morality cognitive dissonance

Why do you have a problem with that though? Only because it shows man's impotence and weakness as clear as the day. And we come back to
>Let us lift up our hearts and our hands to God in heaven, and say: “We have sinned and rebelled and you have not forgiven."

Is throwing a robber into prison evil or is it the act of robbing that is evil? In the same vein, our sins are without a doubt evil (and yet they, too, come from god as he gave man free will). But the punishment for our uncountable sins can hardly be considered evil or unjust.

>le religion is holding us down meme
Reddit is down the hall and to your left

>Why do you have a problem with a super powerful entity literally killing people with natural disasters?

Hmm, I wonder why.

shut the fuck up christard, go suck your invisible skydaddy's dick

Suicide is the one way trip to hell and damnation you idiot

The fact that you can even think like this is proof that christians are fucking sick in the head. You don't just kill a five year old. Nobody gets the right to do that, and to call a deity who would do that "benevolent" is disgusting.

Also
>test of five-year-old's faith
>five-year-old will get into heaven regardless, if god exists

You can't have both.

Let go of your wrath friend, it is only holding you back
Well, I assume you don't believe in him, so I don't know why you're getting bothered.

Heaven or hell just kill yourself my man

>Well, I assume you don't believe in him, so I don't know why you're getting bothered.

Well you do, and you might be my neighbor.

The only thing holding us back is religion. we could be in mars right now but instead we have cucks preaching self flagellation and slave morality

*tips fedora*

God weighs all individual sins the same, there's no good/bad scale

>You don't just kill a five year old. Nobody gets the right to do that
>le my own morality reigns supreme meme
"Shall we receive good from God and shall we not receive evil?"

>You can't have both.

The five year old gets into heaven and his parents get a chance to be stronger for it. To render sense from nonsense is, I think, a noble thing
>the christians are coming to burn me alive
Where do you live, Africa?

>I can't seem to reason against that because my r intellect is too low so i'm just gonna dissmiss him as a fedora

>God loves you so much that he will let you watch your stillborn child twitch a bit before dying in the operation that also killed your wife.

Thank you Lord, I am sure to be a better, stronger person after having experienced this on the same week my father died, with his last words being "I wish I could live to see your beautiful child".

Not entirely wrong in saying religion as a factor in inhibiting technological growth, as seen here
techinsider.io/thirty-meter-telescope-hawaii-protests-2015-10
Just that it's not the only factor

Why do you judge hypothetical gods?

In suffering we find true meaning, for it sheds all veils.

I am sorry if this has happened to you, but whether you believe in god or not they are all in a better place. Find strength from this, if you can

This is the kind of poisounous life hating slave morality chrictcucks preach
Make yourself get killed and go to heaven already

>le my own morality reigns supreme meme

lol, even murdering children is now considered a less offensive to religious people than atheists fashioning their own morality.

And you wonder why fedoras exist.

Radicalism, always blowing the truth out of proportion. Many scientists who make great advances to our technology and understanding of the world are people who have some religious affiliation. You my sir, are living mall of left winged media copypastas.

We all must burn upon the crucible of life; whether you believe in god or not does not change it one bit

venial sin / mortal sin. Fact check before speaking.

No, my point is that your logic does not follow; since you are atheist I assume you are a moral relativist; hence you can't really judge child killing

His arguments are a living testament to christcucks cognitive dissonance
>Morality is objective! Killing is bad because god says so mkay?
>Oh nonono in this particular case it is morality valid to kill because we as mere dumb cucks can't possible understand god's morality

No you must burn and just do it already. I reject your inexistent cuck god and your cuck ideology

I can't tell if this guy is clinically mentally ill or just the ultimate baiter

Those are a VERY small minority of mental people who are so minuscule, should be considered negligible when speaking about the broad spectrum of what we call "Christianity"

Two things; whether you believe in god or not you suffer either way, and your venom only hurts yourself
It's not like it's a novel idea, Nietzche, Camus and dozens of others have posited this

I can judge whatever I want, because I am a moral agent, as are all humans.

I get what your trying to do, but you should of used Allah and not Zeus

YHWH is perfect by definition, thus any action committed by such is "perfect" for a perfect being would only perform perfect actions thus if God said killing babies is good it would be good because a perfect being would only declare good things to be good, and this does not even approach the nature of omnipotence and morality if God did exist then any disliking of yours towards his will would just be like, your opinion man, which is nothing compared to a perfect omnipotent God's

Zeus is imperfect, and is closer to an insanely powerful human than God

> unimaginably more powerful and knowledgable than humans
not really, they were just humans with comicbook superpowers like throwing lightning or being very smart

morality is objective but the world isn't. You cannot avoid sinning, the same way in certain occasions you cannot avoid killing. That doesn't make killing ok, simply justified by the fall reality of the world.
Christian doctrine and dogma explain the world and humanity in a way that fedoracucks will never grasp.

Holy shit you fedoras are retarded. I'm not even christian but it's like you guys actively try to be as dumb and narrowminded as possible.

>It's a test of faith
>WHY DOES A KID'S FAITH GET TESTED
It's the parents' faith being tested, as the kid goes to heaven

>God is omnipotent
>therefore everything that happens on earth is his doing
>he gives people cancer as opposed to just creating humans, earth, illnesses and the causes of mutations etc.

It's not real debating if you dont at least try to accept the other's viewpoint and just argue from your own retarded manbaby viewpoint

Christians in this thread have stated it was the kids faith being testes you twat

See >Maybe if I pretend to be retarded he'll fall for it

This shit just prove that humans are shit when it comes to handle chaotic and uncontrollable events

Instead of just accepting you have jack shit to say about anything when it comes to external events we manufactured the idea that its all cool and a part of something greater.

So when little timmy gets brain cancer you can say "oh but god is testing us, he awaits jimmy its his time".

Religion is a crutch.

>Instead of just accepting you have jack shit to say about anything when it comes to external events we manufactured the idea that its all cool and a part of something greater
Literally just read the Bible.
The message of both Ecclesiastes and the Book of Job is that you can't control or account for what will happen to you tomorrow, so just have faith in God and hope for the best