Why did the crusaders sack Constantinople?

Why did the crusaders sack Constantinople?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_of_the_Latins
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_Crusade#Background
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They were autists

The Eternal Latin strikes again

Because the emperor didn't pay the amount of gold a powerless pretender with no idea what the economical situation of the Byz empire looked like.

>Fuck the Orthodox, am I right?
t. Every Catholic.
>Fuck the Catholics, am I right?"
t. Every Protestant

Because the Greek retards killed their king and then refused to pay debts.

It was all part of Dandolo's plan.

for bants

>Fuck them both, amirite?
t. Every Orthodox.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_of_the_Latins
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_Crusade#Background

Venice is the only european country that i find quite fascinating for some reason,they're like jews but on steroids,It's a shame it doesn't exist anymore.

Source on this?

>Greece
>refusing to pay debnts since 1204

fucking top quality banter thats why

I just read a translation of Villehardouine's account of the crusade. His justification fell into essentially two parts:
1. Alexios, son of deposed emperor Isaac (or something like that) actually approached them and requested they attack Byzantium to restore his rightful throne
2. Once this had been accomplished (reasonably bloodlessly), Alexios refused to honor the deal he had been given originally

I am rather sure the Emperor did try to pay the money Alexios had promised them, even succeeding in paying half of it.

ITT haters.

Dandolo was based and the crusaders dindunuffin.

>that one butthurt Veniceboo trying to force a meme
kill yourself

>2. Once this had been accomplished (reasonably bloodlessly), Alexios refused to honor the deal he had been given originally
Complete bullshit. The crusaders laid a siege on Constantinople and when they won they put him on throne but he was removed by the populace before he even did a thing.

>Orthocucks murder 60,000 Catholics and enslave 4,000 of them.
>wrongly misleads Crusaders
>angry Venetian

>Why did the crusaders sack Constantinople?
Because the citizens thought it was a good idea to try to ovethrow the new emperor while his army is still at the city's doors while waiting to be paid.

For undermining and backstabbing the crusaders on numeros occasions by making deals and alliances with muslims.

Crusaders dindu nuffin, they good bois they go to church

relics and shit

Just pay up Alexios, this all could have been avoided

And instead of killing him, they've proceeded to butcher the civilians, loot their houses and churches?

>him

Who?

The Emperor who broke his promise.

Soldiers want booty. Priests convinced the crusaders that those in Constantinople were heretics.

They were manipulated by the jew puppetmaster venetians

Italian perfidiousness and french jealousy

Venice wanted to dominate trade in the black sea.

That pic
>SACKED.com

lol without the Byzantines, the First, Second and Third Crusades would have never happened.

kek

Christianity was a religion of PEACE back then

Nobody hates the Orthodox. Catholics and Protestants often hate each other though. The best way to make a Jehovas witness fuck off is to say you're Catholic

Nice projection little assblased greek

This.

Goodluck stopping an army from looting after a siege.