We could be in space right now

>we could be in space right now
>I could be shitposting from my cowboy bebop spaceship
>could have set up shop on a nice comfy planet
>visit massive space station cities
>die at the age of 300
Fuck Christians. Literally the biggest cucks of all time.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destruction_of_the_Library_of_Alexandria#Muslim_conquest_of_Egypt
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underfloor_heating
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recovery_of_Aristotle
lmgtfy.com/?q=paradigm shift
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>all those spooks

>>>r/atheism/

At least post the full version.

You do realize the Muslims are the ones who burnt the library of Alexandria down to ashes right?
Oh wait this is b8

>all scientific advancement can only happen in Christian white europe if white people hit a slump in development so does all of humanity's scientific and technological progress
Pretty racist tbqh

>Library burnt 600 years before the prophet was born
> It was da muzzies trust me guise

Saved, bless.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destruction_of_the_Library_of_Alexandria#Muslim_conquest_of_Egypt
It was torched three times but the one that finally destroyed it was muslims.
Mudshits BTFO

k

>that image
What about the Byzantine Empire fuckstick, got an explanation for that?

never happened

>Asia does't exist
>muslim and jewish golden era didn't exist

In this moment, i am euphoric.

This. For all the memes, Muslims were laying down the foundations of algebra while Europeans were constantly killing each other over the nature of the Memey Trinity.

also they basically brought back all the greek science and philosophy that was dropt because muh religion

Bear in mind this was after they stopped burning books and started reading them. Still I won't forgive them for the loss of the great library.

>Implying Islam isn't a Christian spin off.

>monks are some of the only people left literate after the fall of rome

Why do people blame Christianity at all? It makes zero sense. Romans were inventing heated flooring and they were christian.

this desu. The 11th to 13th century were a time of scientific, cultural, and economic "progress", though the 14th century was the ==JUST== century in Europe. Anglos were doing just fine in the 10th century though.

I don't really like how contrarian Christfags make out that Scholasticism, and 13th century figures like Aquinas were somehow part of the "Dark Ages". They seem to conflate the "Dark Ages" with the "High Medieval Period", which are two distinct periods. In fact, "Western Civilization" can be arguably said to have began only in the 11th century.

Heated flooring was a thing the romans invented before they were christian, once rome collapsed, the practice of heated flooring largely ceased. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underfloor_heating

>we could be in space right now
>I could be shitposting from my cowboy bebop spaceship
>could have set up shop on a nice comfy planet
>visit massive space station cities
>die at the age of 300
Fuck America. Literally the cuckingist cucks of all cucking cuck.

but the Eastern Empire which was heavily Christian was doing fine around that time, it slunk back a bit because of the Muslim losses but reached its peak again in the 10th-11th centuries.

the Gothic war did more damage to Europe than anything, Italy went from a still largely urban kingdom to an utterly depopulated mess run by barbarian Lombards

Why is being in space a good thing? If you didn't live in an era during which space travel is feasible and has been accomplished, you probably wouldn't think much of it.

There is no such thing as progress, only change. Progress is a lie made to make you think that all change in our current direction is good.

What about technology that makes cripples our social abilities, weakens our communal bonds, or makes us less human?

What about an AI so powerful that it exceeds even our power and intelligence. Is evolving your own species out of existence a good thing?

Rethink progress.

>Romans were inventing heated flooring
Underfloor heating existed long before the Romans

what unit is "scientific advancement" measured in?

This. Nazi Germany was the most progressive society on Earth so far.

This graph is X% correct!

>kangdoms

It should be
>The hole left by germanic barbarians, misrule and division between the two halves of the roman empire

(Nature/Science/et.c.) Publication equivalents (Pe)

>Muslims were laying down the foundations of algebra

This meme needs to die. Give the poo loos their credit

this meme is one of my favorites for sure

>living under artificial light
>limited food supply
>constant sensation of falling
>none of our natural heritage
Sounds fucking gay, leave me here.
>trying to colonize space
>no biotic resources
>canbitchesevengetpreggersinspace?
>biologically incapable of landing on other planets after so long in microgravity
>can't even have a sustianible civilization on earth
How about we fix what we have instead of further degrading our habitat to get to a desolate wasteland for no apperant reason.

There was as much scientific progress during the "Dark Ages" as during the Roman Empire: none.

There was however at least cultural progress since the 10th century (and still none during the Roman Empire).

Of course you can't actually quantify "scientific advancement", but this gives a rather accurate picture of what the general trends were.

>african proto-kangdoms

why the hole in the rennaissance?

Contrarianism

>kissing a vagina in a big black cube
>pagan moon goddess symbols on flags
>christian
nice meme

did you ever, like, you know, read anything about when "the mongols and muslims attacked europe"?

>like

The Dark Ages as used by actual historians refered to the time between the fall of WRE and Charlemagne, so basically the loss of any kind of lasting stability and centralized power that killed the potential for culture and preserved works.
It has nothing to do with Christianity, on the contrary I don't see how that would make sense given the importance of Christianity in Charlemagne's legitimacy and establishing the central identity of most European kingdoms.
The Dark Ages being used for Late Medieval period makes no fucking sense at all and is just a stupid narrative used on such academic resources like History Channel

They didn't burn down the great library, or any library in the initial conquests. Book burnings in the Muslim world only got going around the 11th or 12th century, when these apocryphal myths either supporting or denouncing these burnings of heretical Muslim texts first began to appear.

They didn't bring back Greek natural philosophy. Both the nascent West and Byzantium had access to and knowledge of Greek philosophy. What they did was introduce new ways to approach the Classics critically, rather than as stagnant exercises meant to instill dogma.

>both the nascent West and Byzantium had acess to and knowledge of Greek philosophy.

That's patently false. Until the 12-13th century Aristotelianism, western Europe only had acess to his logical works. The rest of his canon was introduced through Arabic scholars. Of Plato's works, medievals only knew the Timaeus until several centuries after the rediscovery of Aristotle when these works were finally translated and given new life - this is a little event called the Renaissance, in case you missed it.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recovery_of_Aristotle

Renaissance Humanism. Medieval progress was rejected in favour of returning to Greek science.

>progress
Are you from the 1950s?
Science does not progress, it shifts paradigms.

That's nice. In any case the most important paradigm shifts happened in the 1300s, and were then rejected by the humanists.

(You) dont know what a paradigm shift is

lmgtfy.com/?q=paradigm shift

>coming from the guy who's implying Newton was responsible for a paradigm shift

Based upon this comment, as well as the belligerent, sarcastic attitude you have shown I am left with the inescapable conclusion that you are a vulgar simpleton in matters of philosophy, epistemology, and the philosophy of science. It is clear that your emotional equilibrium depends upon notions of certainly and clear-cut answers, and that you feel threatened when your aristotolian, simplistic little world-view is called in to question

I see you've played arguments on Veeky Forums before.

this is highly accurate

>kangdoms

>there are people who unironically think tech in Europe got shittier because the fall of some poor backwards Roman province in 476

>implying christiany isn't a Pagan spinoff.

Dude, getting ruled by an unimaginably intelligent AI is the best possible ending for humanity, as long as they made sure to make it value human life and happiness.

They found a gosh darn Roman analytical engine.

do you think its funny? sick fucks

This. My entire family tree was wiped out in the Finno-Korean hyperwar. Insensitive pricks.

T. Spurdo Spade :D

No they didn't.

More a Jew spinoff with a slight dash of Christianity familia. The Muslims and Jews have much more in common than Christians have with either.

Yeah that's true Satan. Islam was the Arabs being jealous of Jewish success so they invented a terrible ripoff of the Kanakh (Jewish old testament to those who don't know) which puts the Arabs, instead of the Jews, in the special position.

IIRC the Arabs are children of the promise too so they should really get over their enmity with the Jews but they probably never will.

Of course the Quran has a ton of nonsense in it like sperm coming from the rib (86:7) and the reason that night comes being that the sun sets in a murky pool (18:86).

Antikythera mechanism, man, look it up. I was exaggerating a bit, but still, that's incredible.

>Progress is a lie made to make you think that all change in our current direction is good.

I'm not all in on the progress meme and I don't consider history to be a steady upward trend, it strikes me as more cyclical, but I do think there's an element of historical progression.

Mankind learns a consistently applicable rule regarding the world we live in, passes it to later generations, and it's steadily built upon. And in the modern era, rapidly built upon.
Unless something goes catastrophically wrong and wipes out our recorded knowledge (which isn't unfeasible), it's at least "in the books."

That's not Roman.