Did french algeria have potential?

did french algeria have potential?
I see french buildings in algeria, it looks pretty cool. and I saw a frog on /int/ say "algiers could have been real french"

No, France had low population growth and thus not enough surplus population to properly settle the land. So the French settlers were doomed to stay a small minority.

It would have been interesting if the UK or Germany with its massive population growth got hold of Algeria by some twist of events, perhaps they'd have been able to Europeanize the coastal area.

oh, so the focus was to kind off delet the natives and replace with more french? I thought it was more converting the algiers to french culture. Or is having a significant french population part of that strategy
t. history scrub

>oh, so the focus was to kind off delet the natives and replace with more french?
Nope, but it would have been the most effective method. Turning the natives into French is far more difficult as they would always cling to their ancient traditions, and eventually it failed.

France has the highest birthrate in Europe and has been the most populated country for a while. This is just plain wrong.

The french colonisation was kind of gentle on the natives, building a lot of infrastructure and developing the colonies, sometimes at the cost of the main country, on the condition that natives adapt and integrate into the french way of life.
Didn't work out that well, but old french colonies are generally well off, don't harbor resentment towards them, and most of the time still have good relations.
Having a significant french population in colonies was not part of the strategy, though some emigration happened.

how would you have done it?
Honestly I have met many algerian youth, and they see france as this utopia and aspirational and aren't religious themselves. France has incredible soft power on them, they all wear Lacoste and such

The French, like the Austrians, were too kind to the peoples they conquered and they paid for it in the end. They should've followed the British example.

>French
>Too kind
>to Algerians
Is this nigga serious?

>France has the highest birthrate
we're not talking about know. france was almost stagnant in the 19th century while england and germany had explosive growth

In comparison to the British or the Spanish dealing with conquered peoples? Yes.

*now

They were far too kind to the "freedom" fighters.
Those bastards ruined the country. Not to mention kicked out the Jews which shows you the sort they were.

I've always been under the impression that the french dont like immigrating. For example, in the colonial era there were more people in the english colonies than in new france. Can anyone enlighten me?

Don't lusten to the Amerifats in this thread, their retard history has messed their brains up. Genocide against a settled and agricultural population is physically impossible.

Francifacation would have worked fine, but the French were greedy and acted like huge dicks to the Algerians, which meant that there was absolutely no point in becoming one of them, since they'd treat them like ass regardless.
>His knowing history.

The same Britain which lost every fucking one of its colonies due to prejudice? The same Britian which proved my point?
Again, as Isreal shows, genocide against a settled population is impossible, the math doesn't add up.
>Spanish

Lol what? You can't compare the British, who basically settled empty continents, to the spanish, who were more successful due to the face that they were less retarded.
What are you smoking? Or are you an Anglo who knows nothing of history?

Never trust anything you read on /int/. They're a bunch of high functioning retards

>British and Spanish
>Natives with primitive weapons die out due to disease

Even at Australia there only like a couple thousand 'indigenous' settlers.

Algerians had gunpowder and steel, and didn't get wiped out by disease. Also they weren't a small population like Australians.

Eurofication is a total meme because it would never work because it works on set of clashing belief with the objectives of a colony and the nation itself as well las having a naive as fuck beliefs.

This. You'll have folks there saying Britain can rule it's colonial empire competently today in this day and age with complete serious belief.

there was a different possible way
make Algiers and Oran 2 french enclaves in an independent Algeria like Melilla and Ceuta in Morocco
but neither De Gaulle nor the FLN accept it

(but it make an very good book. pic related)

Well they tried ....
The result was one and a half dead Algerian

>Eurofication is a total meme because it would never work because it works on set of clashing belief with the objectives of a colony and the nation itself as well las having a naive as fuck beliefs.

It worked in the beginning, until the Governor of Algeirs started drawing up racial laws that discrimated wildly against the Algerians and Berbers.

And they had to make those laws though.
Do you know what would happen if the governor didn't?

>meanwhile, in real world, french civilian and miliary got decimated by the war and desease in 80 years of war

pic related.