Was he England's worst King?

Was he England's worst King?

England's worst King has yet to ascend

Well, he did consolidate his rule and end the chaos of the War of the Roses. His dynasty only fell because the male line went extinct, plus it helped pave the way for the Stuarts inheriting the English crown, creatong the United Kingdom. Overall, pretty great

He freed them from having to worry about the Pope so much.
I mean sure, his daughter had to deal with Phillip II's autistic Catholic ass, but that set up events for England to become the dominant naval power.

Really you could say he was indirectly one of the best English monarchs.

He's a big King.

For EU

Butthurt cathcuck detected.

How is this cunt balding so early?

Royal genes

high test

this his realm was stable enough that it withstood a coup and the throne passed to a catholic woman, then to a woman many considered illegitimate

Royal inbreeding. But he did good my marrying someone not in a royal family, he's significantly reduced the chance of genetic diseases in future monarchs.

Your Holiness I'm King

inbreeding

Actually the Stuart succession just created a personal union, it certainly paved the way for some integration but England and Scotland were mostly separate until the act of union in 1707.

>not I'm C of E

He did nothing wrong.

Uh, you don't get to divorce wives.

Richard II was probably England's worst king

Nah brodie he founded the Thot patrol

Shit genes due to inbreeding

She's not my wife.

If I pull that codpeice off, would you die?

I would be extremly unfertile.

No. He's actually one of it's best kings. Shit that went on in his personal life has absolutely nothing on the fact that in his lifetime England became a very significant European power. The guy founded the Royal Navy for Christ's sake.

Was getting excommunicated part of your plan?

Literally Robert Baratheon.

he ended the succession crisis, not start it

nope, one of the best.

As a kid, I once read in some pop-history book that at his funeral, his hunting wound burst open and cleared the chapel out with the stench, but I can't find any proof for this claim.

>pop-history
I remember reading in some pop-history magazine that the Goths turned Rome into a pile of ruble and that the pope ordered his crusaders to kill every Muslim in Palestine.
It's hilarious what they put in there to make people more interested.

He's the greatest King ever, he is all anyone ever thinks of when someone says King. He was the living personification of
>not giving a fuck.

Spaniards kick all the Muslims out, unify, discover and conquer the new world, monopolize control of the HRE and yet none of that matters because this absolute madman has set in motion a chain of events that will be their ruin.

He caused Spanish inflation?

That's not Edward II

I was told that it's true by an Early Modernist at Oxford University, so maybe it is.

he was Napoleon's father and Fernando's VII mother

Prince William isn't inbred, though. His parents weren't related.

Catholics ruined this board desu

He's 34. Plenty of men are bald at that age. Hell I'm in my mid 20s and balding. I had a classmate in high school balding already.

He may have been a madman but without him England would've not been an independent powerhouse later on.

>His parents weren't related.
Wrong. Mind you, the relation is a few centuries old and not ground for incest, but still.

Yes

Yes he was

Only a tyrannical git would seize private land to build a big ugly palace for his wife of the hour.

And not even mange to deliver acceptable recompense to those whose property it was he pilfered.

Curse his name, I happily decapitate him each time I open my commemorative Henry VIII teapot.

He doesn't beat Æthelred the Unready
>gets cucked by danes for years
>finally gets fed up with it
>order indiscriminate massacre of all dane-looking people in England
>danes hear about it, invade the land and force him to flee England
JUST

Worst thing about male pattern baldness is that its a maternally passed genetic thing. Men get it from their mothers.

How did Æthelred fuck everything up so badly? His father's reign was the height of Anglo-Saxon power and majesty. It seems like after Edgar died all they did was get fucked up by vikings for 100 years until being completely and utterly keked by the Normans