Orthodoxy or Catholicism?

I've been Catholic my whole life, but recently I have been taking the importance of religion much more seriously, and thinking that it would be really nice to follow a religion that is within my values.

I value family values, tradition, following a "true " path, humblety, etc. Basically your typical mid western farmer/republican.

I also want to know what's the differences between Orthodoxy and Catholicism, in regards to:

1. Bible interpretation
2. Basic principles
3. Who is the patriarch guy?
4. What kind of people go to the orthodox church?
5. A bit of history
6. Is Orthodoxy legitimately Christian?
7. How fervorous are Orthodoxes when compared to Catholics?

Appreciate the help.

Neither.

>humblety

Daily Reminder

Bump for a actual answer comes out not this shit tier bull crappery that exists as of now.

/thread

They are both wrong user.

Keep your values, stand for yourself and become a man, become a ubermensch.

The Patriach is the religious head, he deals with most church buisness and stuff like that, in most cases he'll be rich but he faces a lot of work. Every seperate church has their own patriach but they all accept that they are below the Ecumenical Patriarch. They are not like the pope in the sense that they do not define how the religion should be, and they are not nearly as influential, or famous. A good thing if you ask me. What kind of people go? Mostly people born into it, honestly, not sure what kind of answer you want there. History, mostly came down to Byzantine and Russia carrying orthodoxy through hard times. Many Orthodox traditions are original Christian ones, I think best example is when Christians celebrate Easter, Orthodox ones hold to the old rule set in Nicea, Catholics have new, simpler rule. There is no legitimate Christianty, all depends on your prespective, but orthodoxy is definitally more traditional. The Orthodox faith might seem alive in the eastern parts of the world and is more faithfully praticed by the population but rather same % of population actually goes to church and reads the bible.

By every seperate church i meant like the Russian orthodox Church, Serbian Orthodox church, stuff like that not every seperate building

Idk man why does what church you go to matter so freaking much?
Why can't a "Catholic" just go to an Orthodox Church, baptist, or fucking Jehovah's Witness church.
Aren't you just going to pray?

Orthodox. Catholicism has become the church of spineless leftists.

Reformed Protestant

>4. What kind of people go to the orthodox church?
Greeks
>6. Is Orthodoxy legitimately Christian?
Nope, closer to Catholics than Christians

>shopping for religion
You don't pick and choose the religion for your needs, there is a truth and there is falsehood. This consumerist attitude towards religion bothers me. Maybe its an american thing(if you are one), putting a barcode on everything..

Orthodoxy while not extact is the closest to early christian doctrine you can ever get. Catholicism, and Protestant variations derrived far more from Early Christianity than Orthodoxy did.

Early Christian doctrine was Protestant, Jesus Christ was Protestant

You believe in Pauline version of Christianity and Paul did clashed with a lot of other Christians, many of whom knew Jesus personally. He even disagreed with his brother James.

Are you a judaizer?

Nigga what? Orthodoxs were the OG christians

>works salvation
>OG christians

Repent and believe the gospel.

Fucking Protestants are retards.

Except when your source can misrepresent Irenaeus

Remember when you said your magic video proves that the Early Church and Irenaeus don't believe in free will?

There is always Oriental Orthodoxy and Syriac Church.