If I go back in time to Ancient Rome with this AK and 4000 rounds of ammunition

If I go back in time to Ancient Rome with this AK and 4000 rounds of ammunition.

How long will it take me to rule Rome?

Other urls found in this thread:

musketeer.ch/blackpowder/recipe.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bout tree fiddy

I don't know there were more than 4000 Roman soldiers.

You might have better luck with 100 muskets and the formula to create blackpowder.

You dont know how to ask in latin for directions to rome. You shoot a deer for food and drink and die of disease.

If you fire a shot from time to time to kill somebody the plebs will be convinced you're a god and will follow you and do anything you want.

See A man armed with a "staff of lighting" will be seen as a God or Demi God.

Shooting the strongest Roman soldier from 100 yards will strike fear to the troops

>If you fire a shot from time to time to kill somebody the plebs will be convinced you're a god
Why would they think this? They'd obviously know it was a weapon of some kind. People weren't idiots

The noise alone would scare the shit out of them. They'd think it was thunder

Pretty sure the average Roman knew what thunder sounded like.

They would also understand concepts like metal, tools and weapons.

And after everyone made to drop dead by the god-stick is found to have a piece of metal in them it would probably be pretty intuitive to work out what's going on. They'll probably think you've created a super-slingshot or something.

Meh. Hundreds of thousands of Romans got killed by Hannibal but that didn't stop them.

It would be more logical to learn Latin and teach them how to make rudimentary muskets. They had all the materials they needed for gunpowder. Imagine what the Romans would have done to the Germanic tribes if they had muskets.

>His shoe! His gourd!

Storm the senate chamber, mow down every patrician you come across ... Make your way to the imperial palace, massacre the praetorian guard, shoot the emperor and his heirs full of holes ... Drag his bullet ridden carcass into the streets of Rome, firing randomly into the crowd... Declare yourself emperor and God. Promise to withhold your righteous fury for so long as they worship you as such

That's a pretty damn risky move. A praetorian could get the drop on you quite easily and a gun isn't always enough to overpower a significant crowd. They can break and run, or they can stampede you. If it's the latter you're fucked.

How do you make gun powder?

musketeer.ch/blackpowder/recipe.html

Its not that hard. I had to write a paper about it and its history in Chemistry class.

Rome had access to sulfur in Sicily so the rest (carbon and salpeter) wasn't hard to get.

>guy with a weird swordbow thing shows up and starts killing people
>just tail the guy and shank him when he goes to sleep

Again, you could get more out of showing up and showing the Romans how to make a gun industry rather than shooting the Emperor and a few plebs.

4000 ELEPHANTS!!!

Lmao nigga you'll die after one drink of water

>Rome had access to sulfur in Sicily so the rest (carbon and salpeter) wasn't hard to get.

The saltpeter is the hardest one to get. It develops naturally in caves and stables in very small amounts but to get enough you have to create a manufacturing process using nitrates. From things like piss or bat shit.

There was plenty of piss in Rome's public toliets.

Could a man and his buddy in an M1 Abrams with 59 shells destroy roman civilization at it's peak? If so, how much damage would the tank take during the destruction?

4got pic

You guys should read The Man Who Came Early

The problem with that story is the protagonist didn't understand how his guns were made, he just used them until he ran out of bullets.

If you understood metal working and basic chemistry you could teach natives a lot.

It'd just run out of fuel.

I liked that the Vikings or whoever weren't terribly fazed by his stuff. Like he shows them a match and they go "yeah, I can see how that would be useful. Can you make more?"

>it's hard to get
Not really. Before they started producing the stuff large scale they just sent people to go to every farm and dig up all the nitrate rich dirt they could get. Not terribly efficient, but it was the main source of nitrates for quite some time.
As you said, it can be made with piss too. That would be easy to arrange if they ordered enlisted soldiers to piss into barrels or something for collection.

Sulfur, saltpeter, and charcoal.

Burn wood, gather volcanic rock, and collect piss and shit in the ground. Grind together.

Like said, the Romans had everything needed to make gunpowder. They just weren't able to put it all together.

"I am the emperor now!"

"Yea sure okay fine we surrender"

>Your gun gets stolen when you go to bed

>Catch smallpox
>die

>go to Rome with a rifle and a sack full of magazines
>start unloading on plebs and common rabble
>proclaim yourself their new god in a language they don't understand
>mobbed by praetorian guard once you realize you've started shit in a close-quarters urban environment where your rifle is least effective

What is it with the supremacy complex people seem to have with ancient peoples? The whole 'im a god because of this thunderstick' -gimmick is just a power fantasy you see in films, nobody's going to worship you even if you really had a weapon consecrated by the gods.

At best people are going to think you're a sorcerer or druid and just rush you or try to hit you with javelins or arrows as you're aimlessly wandering in the city, ironically leaving the guy who killed you as a subject of worship

You'd probably get the magic thunderstick stolen from you in your sleep, if not your life as well as soon as an interested party finds out a little bit more about the violent foreigner
But hey, at least you gave the romans means of figuring out the wonderful magic of firearms early on

you would only take down 4000 of 300000 of their soldiers

Some shmuck with no training? He'd be lucky to kill four HUNDRED.

Get slaughtered at the start of the rampage because they just hit you in the back or capture you while sleeping. Just starting a rampage is a really dumb move.

Soooo much this. Rome was pretty developed. I guess they would basically have the same reaction we would have in case of an alien attack. Try to negotiate, if that fails fuck them with no regard for the costs.

My angle would be to become some kind of imperial Wizard. Essentially kill whoever the current emperor wants me to kill. Make some pseudo mystic shit before killing people and convince everyone that i am the only one knowing how to Fire the gun (safety etc.).

Romans weren't stupid. Any decent military commander would be able to see that you had a weapon with limited capacity, that uses ammunition, and that YOU aren't particularly good with. How many people here are soldiers with combat training who actually routinely practice with automatic rifles

This literally fucking happened when Europeans came to the new world.

Protip: there was entire armies of them not just one guy and they didn't bow down to their new thunder gods they fought them in a long series of bloody wars.

tl;dr: good luck

Yeah...didn't happen with the south americans, did it?

Until someone steals the gun.

I didn't know an AK shielded you from a rain of arrows. Truly marvelous examples of Soviet engineering.

We're talking high-IQ Latins back in the day when Latins still knew how to work, not stone-age South American savages. Roman engineers would love to take apart the AK and rounds to deduce what made it work.

they'd think it was springs or something

Someone will kill you very quickly

>hide in forest outside of Rome
>ambush a company of legionnaires
>keep the commander alive and have him bring me to highest rank he could
>execute the company commander in front of his superior and get him to take me to his superior
>continue this up to Caesar
>demonstrate my power on some slaves
>learn language
>use my somewhat decent knowledge of history, engineering, modern tools to establish myself further as some sort of benevolent deity made flesh
>demand temple in my honour
>sex slaves for days
>laugh all the way to hades

>execute the company commander in front of his superior and get him to take me to his superior
>continue this up to Caesar
>get stabbed in the back or poisoned

FTFY

Cadets at Virginia Tech tried that against Cho, just bum-rush the active shooter, and they didn't even get close.

The Romans would be fucking horrified when the bullets start flying. These were deeply superstitious people who would have thought that you were the son of Jupiter who kills people with thunder.

>all the retards saying they would take your ak when you go to sleep
>sleep in the locked windowless room

I'd kill all the patricians and keep the plebs happy. GG no re

>show off AK at makeshift range
>1 Denarius to fire the magical boomstick 5 times at the target down range
>Tell people that I've run out of the special ammunition that it requires but that I'll sell it to the highest bidder
>800+ Denari later...
>Rent a small apartment
>Hire a part-time tutor to teach me the language
>pray that starting a business isn't as bad as it is in my home state(pic related)
>Use what's left of my cash to start a production line of something or other, maybe chariot wheels or plows
>Expand into other domains as my scientific method and industrial era problem-solving mind come up with new ways to make money
>????
>Live comfy life and marry local merchant's daughter

The Incas weren't savages, they had an extensive road system, an accounting system, aqueducts, and an advanced plant breeding program. In addition to that, calling them stone age is inaccurate, since they had bronze weapons. Please stick to the facts.

they're gonna throw their pilums at you or shoot you with scorpio, then they will get your magic stick and rule the world for another 2000 years

They would throw a pilum at you. Unless you had body armor/were close enough to avoid being stabbed, dismembered, or impaled, you would not last long. Even with 4000 rounds of ammunition.

What if they had some sort of linked sewage system where all the cities waste went?

You'd get a knife in the back by the first guy who thought to steal your gun.

this guy has the right idea

And they'd be utterly baffled by the precision of the machined pieces and at a fucking loss as to what makes the bullets fly.

And Ancient Rome existed about a thousand yeas before the scientific method was perfected. Roman engineers would have looked long and hard at the AK-47 and would have concluded that it is some kind of thunder stick passed down to mortals by Jupiter

Starting your own business in ancient Rome would have been a nightmare by our standards.

For one thing, their legal system was a bloated, dysfunctional mess, This was also the days before the concept of rights, either human rights or property rights, and the fact that you are a non-Roman means that you would have been a second-class citizen paying huge taxes to system that does not even pretend to represent you, which means that if you start getting shaken down by legionaries on a semi-regular basis, there's not a whole lot that anybody would do to discourage them.

Behavior that we consider abhorrent like loan sharking was considered normal and acceptable by the Romans, and considering how important credit is to starting a business, you'd be borrowing money from the equivalent of a mafia boss who is also the high priest of your church and your senator (who wins 99% of the vote and nobody bats an eye) and who wouldn't think twice about gouging you with insane interest rates and also owns so many slaves that have fun competing with the guy who doesn't have to make payroll.

And then there's the fact that their currency was notoriously unstable and you'd be experiencing Gresham's law on steroids, while their economy was prone to massive swings and collapses, which means your life savings vanishing in an instant and suddenly you aren't even making enough money to feed yourself.

Still, having a modern person's understanding of physics could lead you to create some monstrously high growth industries. Pasturized milk, kites, steam engines. Hell you could even use a needle and static electricity to create the first compass and they'd think you were the smartest guy since Aristotle.

>d. Roman engineers would have looked long and hard at the AK-47 and would have concluded that it is some kind of thunder stick passed down to mortals by Jupiter
They'd be at a loss for the machining precision required for the rifle itself, but I'm pretty sure they'd figure out the idea of gunpowder rather instantly. I mean it burns violently, and the relation between heat and pressure should be clear to anyone who's tried to heat a closed vessel full of water.

If you destroyed the city of Rome with a nuclear device say circa 100 AD, would the Empire collapse or survive?

If you could show them gunpowder, they'd probably get the rest of it down eventually.

romes tanners actually put pots in alley for people to piss in cause they needed urine for their craft. it was a winn-win-win (tanner, public sanity, people wanting to piss) situation.

>roman engineers

>you get surrounded
>you get killed.

he wouldn't be able to kill more than 6.

It would be better to go back in a nuclear powered ship with cruise missiles. Then you would rule the entire world.

They'd probably react the way that the new world reacted when introduced to firearms

Which is to say, catastrophic for them. By the time they figure out what it is in practical terms, it'll be your ass on the throne.

But whether they have the metallurgical capacity to replicate anything but the most primitive cannon is pretty suspect.

It'll get stolen while you sleep unless you got lucky.

I'd just fuck with cities by hiding in the woods and shooting random people if I'm doomed to die in ancient times without knowing any Latin as a non european.

At least then I'd live on as a minor historical myth where if you approached a certain cursed woods you would be struck by invisible lightning.

>don't speak latin
>probably don't know how to clean, de-jam and maintain an AK47
>the only way you'll be able to make your wishes known is with force
>people will see you as a tyrannical barbarian with a mythical weapon that just takes what he wants
>people kill you while you're asleep and take your weapon

Good luck running a nuclear powered ship with cruise missile launch systems on your own. It takes a boat load of career sailors and weapon operators for them to run properly.

>South americans and romans are the same people

Are you seroius ?

Of course they couldn't replicate it, but they could still understand the general idea of how it works.

>get burned alive by the guard after they followed you home

One stealthy arrow to the knee is all that will take to stop you user.

Aztecs and Incas fought tooth and nail with the spaniards for YEARS.
So much for the "they tought they were gods" """""theory""""".

>How long will it take me to rule Rome?
The real question is how long will it take you to lose it?

You know gunpowder was actually at a premium when nations were forced to use that method right? There was nowhere near enough piss to go around, it was one of the reasons why Britain was so interested in India and their enormous natural saltpeter deposits. Historically, that was one hell of an advantage, because due to that, british troops were trained with live ammunition, and their gunpwoder was of higher quality than the french one. It was a commonly remarked situation during the napoleonic wars for example.

>start shooting
>roman soldier throws a pilum at you from behind
>you die

>no rail
>2016
I bet that's a trash, lower than entry level ak.

Also, you die in a week. The AK does, in fact, jam, and your dumb ass would run around with the dust cover open and get it filled with mud.

Also you aren't bringing fucking cleaning supplies.

Oh, and i'm willing to bet you don't understand how to rock the mags in.
Nope. You know what the aztecs and mayans thought of guns?
Jack shit. They understood it was a weapon of some sort. Same for the natives that de Soto fucked up.

4k rounds isn't enough for this.

Nope. Operational range is way too short. Also it's eventually going to throw a track.

They'd be utterly incapable of reproducing it. Metallurgy just wasn't good enough.

Single shot black powder firearms would be the height of their ability, and they wouldn't necessarily be able to make the needed leaps to come up with that.

And then user died in a hail of javelins and piss.

South Americans were as advanced if not more advanced than romans
They had cities, aqueducts, accounting, all they didn't have was modern armies and weapons

Hopefully I'll have an orgy or two before that happens
Totally worth it 2bh

>South Americans were as advanced if not more advanced than romans
Yeah right. Name one thing they had that the romans didn't.

>and convince everyone that i am the only one knowing how to Fire the gun (safety etc.).
IT'S A FUCKING AK A CHILD COULD FIGURE IT OUT

>High IQ
>Latins
Pick One

>said the European barbarian

I
And fuck knows i wouldnt land 4000 one hit kills.

>If you fire a shot from time to time to kill somebody the plebs will

Bean you in the head with a rock and kill you...

>Haha, everyone born before 1815 might as well have been a caveman smacking two rocks together
>If I take my superior twentieth century technology back with enough capacity to kill four thousand I could conquer the MILLIONS of people whose language I don't speak and whose history I don't understand singlehandedly

Neck urself my man

until you either get stabbed in the back or you fall asleep

I agree with everything that you have said with the exception that you have called this AK entry level for not having a rail. AKs do not need rails to be more than entry level you fucking faggot

Modern furniture but no rail. And seemingly of relatively new manufacture, judging by the fact that the finish isn't seriously marred.

I'm not much for AKs, but I know that's not a good sign, user. That AK might be quality. It most likely isn't.

>Try to pull a columbine on ancient fucking rome
>Get stabbed to death as soon as you unload your entire magazine into the sky because you're a spaghetti armed faggot on a power trip
>Romans reverse engineer your rifle
>Legionaries with fucking machine guns

I've had wet dreams about this tb h.

>I bet that's a trash, lower than entry level ak.
>Also you aren't bringing fucking cleaning supplies.
It sounds like you know nothing about guns. AKs come with a cleaning kit in the stock. You can easily fire a few thousand rounds through most AKs with almost no maintenance. Same goes for most reliable firearms if you have decent quality ammunition.

Yes. You can put a few thousand rounds through modern firearms, IF nothing else is getting into them and they are otherwise kept clean.

You are not going to keep the gun clean during an extended stay in a fucking pre-industrial world. It's not a range or gravel pit. AKs jam just like any other gun when exposed to sufficient bullshit.

>muh stock kit
Yes, and my SKS has the same shit, except optimized to hold a tube of mini M&Ms.

Protip: With no cleaning solutions or lubricant, the cleaning kit is not enough. That kit is not for extended, isolated use. It's good enough for infantrymen, but they operate in large groups where the temporary failure of one weapon is insignificant.

An AK left uncleaned and hauled around on mud trails is going to fuck up. Might not happen right away, but it WILL happen. Eevn if the weapon doesn't start having issues, the magazines will, and then you're beyond fucked. God help you if you get a double feed while some cunt runs at you with a sword.

What the fuck do you need to do to get a gun dirty enough for it to jam? Are you planning to roll around in the mud like a pig?

If Rome actually successfully reversed engineered the AK and it's ammunition, after reading skematics translated in Latin.

How would the world change, what would today be like?

>You are not going to keep the gun clean during an extended stay in a fucking pre-industrial world. It's not a range or gravel pit.
Unlike the jungles of Vietnam, mountains of Afghanistan or deserts of Africa. The VC, Mujahideen and African child-soldiers surely fought their conflicts in super-sterile environments with no mud, dust, water or sand 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They most certainly had constant access to the latest and greatest cleaning solutions and actually took good and proper care of their rifles, not abusing the shit out of them. Right?

>AKs jam just like any other gun when exposed to sufficient bullshit.
All guns jam, the great thing about the AK is its ability to take a hell of a lot punishment from inexperienced (retarded) operators. You can literally recycle with your foot, using the weight of your body.

>Protip: With no cleaning solutions or lubricant, the cleaning kit is not enough. That kit is not for extended, isolated use. It's good enough for infantrymen, but they operate in large groups where the temporary failure of one weapon is insignificant.
Use ammonia made from piss as a cleaning solution and olive oil as a lubricant. It's not great but it will do the job.

>An AK left uncleaned and hauled around on mud trails is going to fuck up. Might not happen right away, but it WILL happen.
Clean it regularly and you'll be fine.

>Eevn if the weapon doesn't start having issues, the magazines will, and then you're beyond fucked. God help you if you get a double feed while some cunt runs at you with a sword.
Don't fuck around with your mags.

They didn't have manufacturing methods.

AK is relatively simple weapon to make for a factory, there's lots of stamped parts etc. etc.

The first gun that utilised the same manufacturing techniques on a the same scale entered production in 1944.

Romans MAY have been able to make shit-quality blowback open bolt SMG's firing very, very weak ammunition(so it doesn't blow up) given the state of their metallurgy.