Lee

Okay, Southernfags. What should the North have done after the Civil War to the South? No, you can't get off scotch free. You are the ones that started it and lost the war.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Fort_Sumter
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Black power now, kill whitey.

Deport all the niggers to Africa and make the South pay for it.

Yes, this was the best chance to be rid of the blacks and it was missed. They don't even need to go to Africa they could be settled in Haiti which was already a containment zone.

>scotch free
I take diamond dozen people like you for granite, which can be a blessing in the skies in this doggy dog world.

Longer reconstruction. The president after Lincoln, whose name i forget, was from the south.

Reconstruction ended almost a decade after Johnson left the Presidency. You shouldn't talk about things you don't know.

for all intensive purposes, this post gave me literal cancer

For south Carolina. Most states were done with reconstruction in 1868-1871.

>scotch free

top kek

also I think you don't understand war. The south surrendered on certain conditions, which was rejoin the union and end slavery. That was it. All other "punishments" would cause the war to go on, which is why a insurgency started during radical reconstruction. I'm of the opinion that the north would've been unable to successfully reconstruct the south without allying with southern whites. They should've just offered blacks free settlement out west.

yeah which is why most the southern states "voted" for grant in 72'.

why are you even in this thread?

The territory of the southern states should have been broken up and given to the North.

sent all the roaches back to africa

>You are the ones that started it

Lol

How about not add a fuck ton of amendments and laws while the South doesn't have a vote, then force the South back into the Union and have to abide by all these new laws you passed that they didn't agree to??????????

>They should've just offered blacks free settlement out west.
this, keeping ex-slave owners and freed slaves in the same area is not a good idea.

weirdly, the ex-slave owners tended to get along with blacks better than the poor whites who saw them as competition for jobs. The first race riots under union control happened when free blacks entered cities to take jobs from working class whites.

This. Poor whites HATED and to a degree still hate the niggers, this is why terrorist groups like the KKK also spread to the North (Indiana, Ohio, Michigan) during the 20th century.

You mean the North was, considering you were trying shit like 30 years before the Civil War like stealing George and Martha Washington's bodies from their graves just to spite Washington's descendants and the South over slavery.

> Intensive Purposes

Allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it's a peach of cake.

But the South literally started the war

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Fort_Sumter

>we're gonna tax the shit out of you
>even though there is nothing saying you can't leave the union, we're going to say you can't
>we're gonna stay in this fort even though you told us to leave
>you started it

Yes how dare the government tax its people!

>we're gonna stay in this fort even though you told us to leave
It was land that was ceded to the federal government of the United States. They had every right to be there.

>Spend decades attacking blacks for "taking" your jobs
>Spend decades defunding and inhibiting education in black areas
>Spend decades barring blacks from higher education positions
>Spend decades implementing discrininatory policing practices
>Spend decades barring blacks from decent housing
>Spend decades implementing a caste system in general
>Flabbergasted when they get a black population that's under educated doesn't get jobs and doesn't trust authority and puts crime on a pedastle.
>Plays the victim card
Honestly the blacks don't seem to be the root problem here.

This pretty much. If you make a culture where upward mobility is impossible, the culture will not be one where doing well in life is engorged when they get the chance.

>raising taxes on a certain group of people, and only them, for no reason is all right as long as it isn't me or my people

Apologized.

Probably not invested so heavily in railways that were run by corrupt money grabbers and offered some form of remuneration considering, and I'm not trying to sound /pol/ here, they had just set free millions of dollars worth of paid property

Maybe gone through with the whole thing? The first few years of Reconstruction were the best few years in a blacks life. Had the North actually enforced its Civil Rights Laws that it passed then maybe something could have been done. President Johnson continued Reconstruction half-heartedly. Blacks didn't really get to truly vote until the 1960s, although legally they could. The south just set up a bunch of red tape, that the North allowed, to keep blacks from voting.

Fuck the Yankee Carpetbagers. They came to the South, punished the southern people, then turned a blind eye to the violence against blacks. The corrupt yankee bastards just stole what they could and left. That's why the South has so many problems today.

If the Yankees had enforced some of there policies, ensured racial unity, and not been so fucking corrupt and ineffectual, they could've succeeded.

My grandmother thought damn yankee was a compound word until she was 24.