Our human minds hold us back

i would like to ask a few existential questions about the human mind if i may. and would appreciate any constructive feedback.

we seems to have reached a point in human existence where we are trying to act in ways that go against our biology. we know how we should be, and continue to tell ourselves that thats who we can be. but out current human minds are held back by baser instincts. our evolutions of the mind and body has massively slowed down due to uncontrolled breeding. so my question is, how can we hope ever be better than we are right now if we will not let ourselves evolve? because we cannot deny who and what we are

please post for further discussion and examples of these ideas

evolution happens most prominently in extreme trying conditions. as we are in our plush world of material comforts, there is little incentive to "push" our limits to "get better" because we are already at the point of being satisfied

>we are trying to act in ways that go against our biology
How so?

a good point. we seem to have forgotten that we will always need to evolve

Next step in human evolution is robots.

I firmly belive that the Fermi paradox is a result of civilizations that go interstellar being almost universally the digitalised conciousness of there organic selves and thus their form of "life" is entirely unrecognizable to us and they can barely recognize our own for of limited existence.

for example,
we try to act like we should all be treated equally, but we are instinctually selfish (psychological egoism). and we are always greedy. we never have enough. and we see people that ask questions as weak, and look to leaders to always have all the answers. i want to see a leader who can admit to being wrong, so that they can better themselves. thats true strength

yes, a possible solution. but in that we loose our humanity. but perhaps that is a good thing. humans are selfish weak creatures that do no belong among the stars

obesity?

it may be human to gorge on food, but it isn't human to want to be 500 pounds. we have been duped by biology in this case

True interstellar travel won't be in the former of star wars, it will be digital conciousness beamed through the stars. In a very real sense it will be people, individuals, being beamed across the universe.

this is a flaw yes, but one easily controlled with information and logic. im talking about the kind of behaviour that forces our hand. like hate, greed, and lust. traits that are forced onto us by (though more basic parts of) our own minds

you kind've have a point but you miss something big...we don't want to appear greedy.

if you and me sit down at a table for example, and there is one small cake and we decide to split it, we can do so and both be satisfied. if I grabbed the cake and ate it whole, it would generate animosity and a perception of me being greedy, as well as disrespecting you. to operate in society is to respect the equality of others in this way

this idea concerns me though. i do not want a shadow of humanity beamed through the stars. i want our evolved descendants to become masters of our own reality. in essence, our own gods

This.

The Übermensch wont be born a man, but a machine.

hate greed and lust likewise are controlled the same way. you don't rape every woman you find attractive and don't rob your neighbor. you don't kill somebody who cuts you off in traffic

these traits exist but are not a dominant force in "civilized" i.e. the majority of society

that is, on the surface at least.

greed you could say in a sense is an attempt at power or security, greed in itself I don't think is sufficient. for example, you only need so much wood to warm yourself for a fire, there is no need to be "greedy" with wood.....

of course, but in this example, i would ask the question who needs more of the cake? we are not equal, clearly. if you have a full grown man and a small girl sharing the same portions of cake, that is unfair and illogical

I mean that it may be true, as is true with the concept of ego, id, superego etc., that these base impulses exist, but if you want to live on, you must function somewhat cooperatively with other humans if you choose to participate in what we call society

>Fermi paradox
these examples you give are extreme, and so yes are controlled for the most part. but its the subtle qualities that are holding us back on a much greater scale. and its because they are less clear that we do nothing about them.

but our society is broken. we think what is fair is everybody getting treated the same. we ingnore logic. im not denying that that is indeed how it is, im saying that is not logical and we need to stop acting like children and start doing what is right

thank you all for replying and giving your input. very helpful indeed :)

why you gotta post retarded shit

yes humanity is in dire need of better ways to see its existence. that doesn't mean your random babble is not utterly wrong about the issues and their causes.

ah i was wondering when one of you guys would show up, shouting and hollering. i was looking for a discussion, not an argument. if you have genuine input, im all ears. if you just want to try and step on other people's ideas, perhaps /b/ is more for you

you could post the topic without implying your baseless opinions are facts. perhaps then no one will show up to tell you they aren't.

i could post an entire essay, but nobody would read it, thats why i wanted a discussion. and the topic is just a quick summery of the thread. perhaps the inclusion of appropriate punctuation (in this case, a question mark) would have enraged you less. but again, im not here for an argument. go elsewhere if thats what you desire

you could have left it at what you wrote on the subject field because everything after you clearly pulled out of you ass. not being an expert on evolution I won't try to dissect your post, but everyone can tell, neither are you.

No, im no expert. I have no education on the subject. What i talk about is just an idea i had. I suppose you could say i pulled it out my ass. Is that so wrong? Im just trying to seek knowledge. What is it you are looking for? Is your sole purpose to insult and tear down others? Why is that? Perhaps you feel that nobody wants to listen to your ideas and thoughts, so why should you you listen to theirs? Im sorry you feel like this. Im sure we all feel like simply harming others every now and again. Please reply is you wish to talk more about this. If you have something to say, i will happily listen :)

>has massively slowed down due to uncontrolled breeding.
Nigga, what are you talking about?
The northern hemisphere is below replacement.

In ourselves lies the capability to suppress all of these baser urges. You can see evidence of this in virtuous men who try their best to overcome these shortcomings. It is very difficult though, especially without a good idea of perfection the perfection that you are trying to achieve. I believe it to be the main thing that separates us from other animals; our ability to identify and acknowledge our biological deficiencies.

interesting premise desu
>our evolutions of the mind and body has massively slowed down due to uncontrolled breeding.
That's not true at all! Disregarding the fact that modern humans are taller, smarter, and ostensibly stronger and more beautiful than premodern humans, human reproduction is extremely "controlled" by hypergamous social mechanisms, particularly in comparison to some parts of the animal kingdom.
>tfw no gf neet doesnt offer anything to potential mate
>mate breeds with chad instead, who offers something to society
>chads produce chadly children and neets die off
Now, for the other half of your post:
>how can we hope ever be better than we are right now if we will not let ourselves evolve?
It's very easy to say that the narrative of human existence is all about biology transcending the biological. Bacteria evolves, humans engineer things for their own purposes, and it is not unreasonable to forecast that, through us, the biosphere will produce an additional, final -sphere upon itself, as it was created in the precambrian by the combination of geo and hydrosphere.

The word "machine" might be a bit misleading. It could turn out that the architecture required to replicate the higher functions of humans is much closer to something biological than something mechanical.

>we try to act like we should all be treated equally, but we are instinctually selfish (psychological egoism).
What does this matter? Given that there are and have been altruistic organizations and people throughout time, it doesnt matter, because the opposite can be learned and practiced.

>and we are always greedy.we never have enough.
Again, the opposite has been seen, is being seen, and will be seen. You can see a behavior (especially a negative one) and then just extrapolate it to the whole of humanity and present as some sort of point. Well, you can, but its disingenuous.

>and we see people that ask questions as weak
What? Where? Who?

> and look to leaders to always have all the answers.
Again, who is doing this?